Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 357 Words
  • 536 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 9. Chapter 9

Paul went to the bank and withdrawn the cash to pay Detective Potter for his service. He returned to his residence to pack a few things for his stay at a hotel until Adam finds out who killed Peter and prevent the same fate from happening to him. He put the retainer fee in an envelope with a note with Adam Potter’s name. Paul wondered if the police discovered Peter’s body yet. The video feed sent to him played out the horrific last moment of his friend’s life. He denied access to upload the file.

 

Paul spotted his passport and wonder if leaving the country was a wise choice. He could stay in contact with Detective Potter through phone and live streams. Once he grabbed his passport off the desk, his cell rang. Paul looked at the caller ID and recognized the name. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up.

 

“What the fuck?” he said above a whisper.

 

“What the fuck, indeed,” said a distorted voice.

 

*******

 

Artie drove Detective Chance from the crime scene. AJ observed Artie wasn’t going in the station’s direction.

 

“Making a detour?” he asked.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re slipping.”

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

 

“We came from a murder scene of a person connected to a past case. Where should we go?”

 

“To speak to Paul Riser. The friend of the decease.”

 

“Good. You earned yourself a home-cooked meal.”

 

Artie pulled up to a six-story apartment build parking in front. They exited the car and walked up the brief flight to the front door with a fabric awning. AJ found Paul’s apartment number and pressed it when the door swung open and two males came out talking with each other. They didn’t pay any attention the detectives.

 

Artie grabbed the door before it closed. “Come on. Let’s use the element of surprise.”

 

“You and your dramatics,” AJ replied, shaking his head.

 

The crash occurred fast both felt the breeze the victim made when he passed through the awning colliding into the ground.

sorry this is a short one I will upload later tonight.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Wow 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

went to the bank and withdrew the cash
spotted his passport and wondered

The friend of the deceased

 

Edited by Will Hawkins
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..