Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 370 Words
  • 438 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 17. Chapter 17

Artie followed Adam’s jeep on AJ’s instructions.

“What is this?” Artie asked.

“Unsure, but you see how he’s driving.”

“Yeah. Radio dispatch to tell anyone near not to interfere.”

AJ radioed dispatch as Artie turned the dashboard siren lights. He almost lost Adam when they realized where he was going. They reached his building just as he darted into the building.

“Should we follow?” AJ asked.

Something near the building caught Artie attention next door.

“Artie,” AJ said, spotting his partner’s distraction. “What are you looking at?” AJ leaned over and saw a couple talking, pointing and taking photos with their phone at something in the alley.

“Nothing I suppose.”

“Well, should we follow Adam?”

“No, let’s wait this one out. And see if he comes down.”

“What about the couple?”

“They’re not doing anything out of the norm.” Artie released his seatbelt and stared straight ahead.

AJ opened his belt and removed his cell, checking his messages.

Artie glance over, watching AJ become immersed into his phone. He wasn’t big on looking at his own AJ wasn’t with him and he searched for any messages.

AJ could tell Artie wanted some attention as he listened to him drum his fingers on the steering wheel. He peeked over at him and smiled to himself. “You’re so like a child,” he said, his eyes still on his cell.

“What did I do now?”

AJ dropped his phone to his lap. “You’re mad, I defended Adam.”

“I’m not mad.”

“Which means you’re mad.”

Artie’s head snapped to AJ. “You always defend him.”

“I don’t.”

“You do, AJ.”

AJ turned and made eye contact. “I cheated on him.”

“He went off the rail and put his and your life in danger.”

“It didn’t give me the right to cheat on him.”

“It gave you the right to leave. Do you regret it?”

“No,” AJ said, clenching Artie’s arm. “I love you.”

“I love you. More than you’ll ever know.”

They leaned in to kiss when something else caught Artie’s attention. Adam leaving his building.

“Look, it’s Potter,” Artie said, turning away.

“Okay,” AJ said, sitting back.

“And look where he’s going.”

“The alley.”

“Now we follow.” Both detectives climbed out to follow.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..