Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 465 Words
  • 934 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 37. Chapter 37

Patrick entered a side room with soft lights and two small sofas with a sand garden between them. Patrick sat with his knee’s half bent. Thrilled that Mia called him back after leaving several voice mails. He knew she was busy with her new relationship with Paul and helping him with the Potter families next event. But their dungeons and dragons meeting was soon, and Mia was the game master. She missed their last meeting, and they had to cancel it, Mia swore she’d be at the next one and book the venue. He speeds dialed her number as he touched the charm Adam gave him. Her phone kept ringing and Patrick feared he’ll her recorded voice to her voicemail will answer.

“Hello,” said the masculine voice of Paul Potter.

“Hi, could I speak to Mia?”

“Oh, hey Patrick,” Paul said. “Here’s Mia.”

“Pat,” said the gleeful voice of his best friend.

“Hi Mia.”

“It’s good to hear your voice.”

“It’s good to hear yours.”

“Sorry I kept missing your calls.”

“It’s okay. I remember a time I did it to you.”

“That was because of Gavin.”

“Yeah, right?” Patrick shivered at the mention of Gavin’s name.

“So ready for D&D? I have a place booked, I sent out a group email with the details.

Patrick step to a desk and opened a laptop to read the email. When the familiar ding came to his cell. He forgot he’d set up an alert on the phone.

“Did you get it?”

“Yeah, I got it.”

“We’re meeting at seven pm will Adam be bringing you?”

“No, he has to work. I’ll get my driver to bring me.”

“Okay. Come early, we’ll—do catch up.”

“Will do. Love you Mia.”

“Love you Pat.”

They disconnected and Patrick searched of Mia’s email noticing several from his ex. One dated from yesterday. He needed to buy a new cell and close his past. He ignored his ex’s emails and opened Mia’s message, searching for the name of the place. “The Cave,” Patrick whispered. The one place Patrick never thought he’d see again. He thought of calling Mia and asking her to cancel but changed his mind. His tormentors can’t hurt him, and he won’t let a dead man control his life.

He left his room and headed to the garage where he found Adam and his father deciding his well-being. Patrick protested and tried to convince Adam his place was with him, but Adam wouldn’t budge. Patrick left them and returned to his room, furious with them. He wished the men in his life stop trying to control him. He will have to use his back door, he’ll tell his parents he was turning in early and make his escape, but first he needed to speak to Tony.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..