Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 849 Words
  • 634 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 51. Chapter 51

Adam caught up with Patrick and his captors. He watched from a distance as the woman shoved Patrick to the front, making him take the lead. He knew where they were going. To the grave where Gavin died? For Adam to get there first, he had to widen his circle to get around them, which meant he would lose sight of Patrick.

Keep breathing, my friend. The voice rang in his ear. Why he was hearing the voice, Adam didn’t know, but he followed their advice as he took deep breaths and released them, feeling calmer. He stayed in the shadows, moving to his goal, hoping he wouldn’t be too late.

He reached the grave and hid buying his time. Before long, his beating heart calmed once his eyes laid on Patrick. Adam couldn’t make out their conversation at first. Relief washed over him when he watched her cut Patrick’s bindings. Only to cringe when she fired her gun at his feet. If he acted now, she would use Patrick as a shield. He watched Patrick climb onto the slab and lay down as she spoke softer to him. Adam noticed the male with her walk over and stood at Patrick’s head staring at the female. Then she pressed the gun against Patrick’s knee, but moved it when he raised his arms above his head. The male grasp Patrick’s wrist, holding them in place. She straddled Patrick; still holding the gun. Adam needed her to lower the weapon. He got his wish when Patrick started shouting at her about Gavin’s behavior towards him, calling her son a sociopath.

Patrick gave Adam his window when she placed the gun down and removed the knife. Adam exposed himself, but taken by surprise when Patrick lifted his legs, throwing the woman off balance and knocking her off him and the grave lid. His body twisted off his back and to the ground, freeing his wrists from the man’s grip, knocking the gun off with him. The woman hit the grass-covered earth hard, still holding the knife. Patrick fell to his knees, searching for the gun. The male backed away, unsure what to do as the woman turned to Patrick about to swing the knife at him when Adam caught her wrist.

“No!” she cried, clawing at Adam’s hand to get free when Patrick found the gun and pointed at her.

“It’s over,” Adam barked. “Stop fighting.” He squeezed her wrist hard enough for her to drop it and crying out in pain. He seized the other one and pinned them behind her back. She kicked and fought when a voice stopped her.

“Aunt Jennifer, stop!” cried Stevie. “I can’t do this anymore.”

Once Patrick saw Adam put handcuffs on her, he lowered the gun. Adam walked over and took the weapon from him. Adam looked at the timid man who walked over to the woman and sat beside her, crossing his legs.

“Adam?” Patrick said, wanting proof he was seeing his lover.

Adam bent down and helped Patrick to his feet, kissing his mouth. Police sirens blurred in the distance as they parted. “Pat, are you okay?”

“I think so,” Patrick said, in a soft voice before embracing Adam weeping into his chest.

“Go on, Pat, let it out.”

“I’m really sorry,” Stevie said. “I didn’t know what she was going to,” he sobbed.

“You’ll have to explain that to the police,” Adam said.

Stevie only nodded.

“You got what you wanted again,” Jennifer said to Patrick.

Adam looked at her, ready to tell her to shut up when Patrick squeezed his arm, stopping him.

Swallowing, Patrick looked down at her. “Adam, this is Gavin’s mother, Jennifer Martin.”

“You know you’re going to jail for a long time?” he stated. “Was it worth it?” Adam asked her.

“I’d do it again without regret. Patrick Valdez had my son killed. He needs to confess and face his crime.”

“Patrick didn’t kill your son, they exonerated him from all charges.”

“That’s because his family saved him again. They own this city and the police.”

“Whatever. Tell it to the police.”

Police swarmed the cemetery, putting both Jennifer and Stevie in custody. The EMT’s checked Patrick, who didn’t want to go to the hospital. AJ and Artie arrived. Patrick had nothing to say to either man.

“Pat, I need to talk to them.”

“No, Adam,” Patrick pleaded clinching his jacket.

“It’s all right, Adam,” AJ said. “We’ll talk tomorrow. A police cruiser is waiting to take you home”

Adam gave his thanks by nodding his head to the detective. He gathered Patrick to his feet, who had a blanket around him. The EMT told Adam Patrick could keep the cover. He walked his lover to the police cruiser and helped him inside. Adam saw Jennifer and Stevie being loaded into two separate vessels and taken away. He boarded the car and looked at Patrick. “Do you want to go home to your parents, Pat?”

“Can I go home with you?”

“I want nothing more.” Adam gathered Patrick into a hug as they’re driven away.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..