Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 844 Words
  • 448 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 27. Chapter 27

Patrick groaned, opening his eyes, waiting for a headache, sickness, or spinning. None came, so he counted it as a good sign while he eased to a sitting position. The evening blanketed the room as he looked for Adam. He yawned again, and this time a growl erupted from his stomach. He turned on the table lamp and climbed out of bed, naked. A warm sensation filled him knowing Adam stripped him so he’d sleep better. The tee Adam gave him laid at the foot of the bed inside out. A clumsy attempt to adjust the shirt he tugged it over his head and left the room for the kitchen. A wonderful aroma of cheese filled his scenes as he walked bare-footed towards Adam at the counter lifting a pizza box’s lid removing a slice with several toppings. “Is that for me,” Patrick asked.

Adam turned and smiled as Patrick reached out and hugged him, then raised his head, puckering his lips. Without hesitance, Adam kissed the inviting mouth. When parted Adam held the slice while Patrick bit into the mouth filling pie taking the food from him. “You have visitors,” Adam said.

Patrick looked at him taking another bite. “Who?” he said with a full mouth.

Adam took his hand and walked him to the living room.

Two men rose from the couch. His father’s men. One Korean male with long blonde hair tied in a ponytail. The other was Hispanic with trimmed black hair above the shoulder line. Both were in their late twenties.

“Good evening Young Valdez,” said the Hispanic male with no accent. “Your father requests your presents.”

Patrick sighed his annoyance, but understood why his father summoned him. “I have to get dressed. Go wait outside,” he ordered, grabbing another slice before going to the bedroom.

The tone of his voice changed, bewildering Adam. He could have swore Raoul was speaking. Stun the men did what he asked. They left the same way they entered, using the stir case. Adam went after Patrick.

“Pat,” he said, entering the bedroom.

“Yeah,” Patrick responded while chewing.

“You’re going?”

Patrick swallowed. “Sorry Adam. I know this is strange, but when my father sends for me I have to go.”

“Is it because of the new broadcast?”

“What news broadcast?”

“Remember, the reporter who got in the building and interviewed you. Pat, you woke up and watched it on TV.”

“I did? I don’t remember that.”

“Do you remember your nightmare?”

“I had a nightmare?”

“Yes, you were calling for me.”

“I don’t remember.”

This worried Adam and didn’t want him to leave. “Are you coming back?”

“Not tonight. Tomorrow, I promise.”

“Pat, you just woke up,” Adam said, taking him into his arms.

“Sorry for drinking too much.”

“It was understandable.”

“You’re too nice to me.”

“You make it too easy.” Adam pushed him back on the bed and fell on him.

“Adam,” Patrick giggled, still holding the slice of pizza in his hand.

“What?”

“You know what you’re doing. I have to go,” he said, kissing his nose.

“When you move in, you won’t be able to say that.” Adam nuzzled his face against Patrick’s neck.

“I won’t?”

“You’ll be naked.”

“Oh, I see,” Patrick laughed. “Well, I’ll remember that but,” his voice became serious. “… I have to go.”

Adam rose and stared at him before rolling off. “You’re still moving in with me?”

Patrick didn’t respond. He got up finishing off the slice. Not looking at Adam he stripped off the shirt and putting on a pullover and jeans stepping into his sneakers. “Adam when I saw that manic and found that body. Gavin’s death came racing back.”

“Pat,” Adam pulled him onto his lap. “Your eyes were playing tricks when you saw Jay.”

“He looked real.”

“Pat, if—you don’t want to move in…”

Patrick lunged into Adam’s arms, hugging him close. “Adam I want to but—I keep thinking something awful will happen.”

Relieved Patrick wanted to move in with him. Adam understood his hesitance. “Pat, I will do anything to keep you safe.”

“That’s what scares me.”

“Pat.”

“No, Adam. I can’t stand you risking your life.”

“Come on, I have everything under control.”

“Do you? Because it looks to me you’re winging it.”

Adam pushed Patrick off his lap standing, running his fingers through his hair. “Damnit Pat, you sound like AJ!” He barked, catching what he said, regretting his words.

Patrick took the comparison to heart storming out.

Adam collected himself before pursuing.

Patrick had his coat on grabbing his cell and wallet off the counter heading for the door. Patrick stopped at the staircase and looked back at Adam. “I’ll call when I get there.”

“Okay,” was all Adam could say as he watched Patrick leave. He wanted to kick himself for not saying more. He grabbed his jacket and keys before he burst through the door to the staircase calling after Patrick who never responded. Adam heard the door closed. When he reached the street, the car had circled the corner.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..