Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 391 Words
  • 1,094 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 3. Chapter 3

This is a short one I wanted to put out there. Enjoy.

Detective AJ Chance sat at his desk, fixated on his computer. He hadn’t noticed his partner in work and relationship, Detective Artie Cutter leaving and returning holding a cup of coffee and an energy bar placing them on AJ’s desk. The aroma of the drink caught AJ’s attention as his eyes drift to the drink.

“That’s just what I needed,” he said, grabbing the mug and taking a sip of the hot beverage.

“And I got you an energy bar because you skipped breakfast.”

“How do you know I skipped breakfast? You left before me.”

“I know everything about you, Mr. Chance. You came in quiet and plopped into that chair and grunted hello to me. If you had eaten, you would have come in with your coffee and switched mine with a fresh one.

“Sorry.”

“Don’t be. I enjoy taking care of you for once.”

“It’s just—finding a new place isn’t as easy as I thought. Real estate is going up everywhere.”

“Why do we need to move my place is fine?”

“Your place is a studio and we need at least a two-bedroom.”

“Why a two-bedroom?”

“To keep work, separate from our private lives.”

“We can do that with a one-bedroom.”

“No, Artie we can’t please let’s not start this again.”

“Start what? I’m only saying…” A knock on the door interrupted the two detectives. “Come in,” Artie said, glad for the interruption.

A female officer opened the door and smile at the two men. “The chief wants to see you both out in the field.”

“Where?” asked Artie.

“The district.”

“The district. Didn’t he give that to Ore and Moore?”

“Their court hearing on that triple homicide got moved up, so he wants you two on the case.” She left without saying goodbye.

AJ was already standing putting on his suit jacket as Artie grabbed his coat off the coat rack holding it open for him. AJ normally didn’t want to parade their relationship at work, but didn’t argue about Artie holding his coat for him as he slipped his arms into it.

Artie leaned forward and kissed AJ on the cheek without a word, then grabbed his coat, opening the door for the detective.

Neither said a word as AJ smiled snatched up the energy bar and walked out of the office followed by Artie.

I'm off from work because I'm sick.
So I'm getting a lot of work done.
Like or comment if you love or hate.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

It is a shame that you have tp be ill, but ir is great for your readers Get well, but slowly so you can keep writing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..