Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 784 Words
  • 431 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 24. Chapter 24

Philip finished a meeting with the board members when he received a text from his friend Raoul Valdez asking him if he would like to join him for lunch. He texted back agreeing to meet at the Duet. Philip entered the lavish hotel. The head greeter knew Philip

“Welcome back

“Thank you Mr. Ords. Mr. Valdez is expecting me.”

“Yes, sir, he’s already here. He’s expecting you in his suite.”

“Thank you.” Philip took Raoul’s private elevator to the top floor, which opened inside the suite. He’s greeted with a delightful smell and his smiling friend.

“Philip, welcome my friend.”

“Always good to see you Raoul, is Drucilla with you?”

“Is Michael with you?” he smiled as they embraced.

Philip broke their hug and gave his friend a self-righteous look. “I have you know Michael is studying sea life in the South Pacific.”

“What is it this time, sea urchins, jellyfish, or coral?”

“For your information it’s—jellyfish.”

Raoul smiled at his friend, but saw no amusement in his friend’s eyes. He draped his arm around his friend’s shoulders and stirred him towards their meal. The dining area sat on a two stepped platform in front of high panel windows that gave them a breathtaking view of the city and bay.

“Sit my friend. Have wine and forget what I said,” Raoul said. A middle-aged male servant came out and poured the 2013 Trapiche Terroir Series Single Vineyard Malbec, Mendoza from Argentine already opened to breathe.

“You said nothing that I wasn’t thinking, Raoul. Michael has been avoiding coming home.”

“He hasn’t been avoiding you.”

“Then what do you call it?”

“Like you said. He’s been busy.”

Philip tasted the wine, savoring the fruit and herbs. He enjoyed the bit of heat in the finish. “This is very delicious. My complements.”

“You’re changing the subject.”

“There’s nothing more to say.” Philip waited as the server placed the dishes in front of them.

The server bowed his head and left the men to their meal.

Philip waited for Raoul to begin, but found his friend with a sympathetic gaze.

“Raoul please stop worrying about me. I’m fine.”

“You need release. I want to provide.”

Philip stared back at Raoul, whom he had profound feelings for as far back as their preteens. He and his friend had experimented, but Raoul drifted towards females while Philip nursed a broken heart. Raoul never abandoned his friend, determined to help Philip find love.

“Raoul there is no need for you…”

Raoul clapped his hands, silencing Philip who wonder what his friend was doing when he caught something in his peripheral vision. A young seductive male, wearing a bejeweled loincloth walked into the room and right up to Philip.

Philip sat back staring at the handsome youth who he prayed was of a legitimate age stood with his hands behind his back. With the color gray fox, his short hair hung loose across his forehead, moon crescent eyes, and creamy golden skin. He was a fantasy come to life.

Raoul took note his friend enjoyed the view rose from his seat. “I have work to do in my office. Take your time, my friend.”

“Raoul, wait,” Philip called, breaking himself from his trance. “Where did you—find him?”

“Does it matter? I assure you he is of good stock. And will not disappoint.” Raoul directed his question to the young man. “Will you, Abel?”

“I’ll take good care of Mr. Gomez,” he said sweet Southern accent.

Philip wasn’t expecting such a voice coming from Abel and it didn’t help him becoming arouse from hearing it.

“Good, then I’ll take my leave,” Raoul turned to leave when Philip’s cell rang. Raoul turned back. “Philip don’t answer it,” he ordered, but Philp already had it out and to his ear.

“Hello,” Philip said, glancing at the beautiful male who smiled at him. The voice sound frantic as he had to interrupt them. “Wait, what say it again?” he stood up and stepped towards Abel but caught himself and moved the opposite way towards the television set hidden behind a panel in the ceiling. “All right, I’ll tell him.” he disconnected and looked at Raoul.

“We have to look at the news.”

“Philip, stop. I did a favor for this to happen. Put the remote down.”

“No, Raoul, we need to watch the news.”

“Damnit Philip.” Raoul walked over and snatched the remote out of his hand as the TV lowered into view. “Stop stalling.”

“I’m not stalling I’m telling you as a friend and your lawyer you need to turn on the news.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s about your son.”

Raoul sucked in air as he yelled into the remote. “Locale news.”

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..