Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 808 Words
  • 567 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 40. Chapter 40

Patrick took the stairs the servants used to move about the house to the lower level to find Tony. He could have easily asked Carlos, but he didn’t want his parents finding out he was going out. With luck, he found him walking alone, headed in the kitchen’s direction. A delicious smell shepherd’s pie filled the hallway, reminding Patrick he hadn’t eaten since last night.

Tony caught sight of Patrick, and a wicked grin spread on his face.

“Good afternoon, Young Valdez,” Tony said, in his most charming voice.

“Tony, I need a favor.”

“A favor?”

“Yes. I need you to drive me somewhere, but you can’t tell anyone. This must remain between us.”

“Where do you want to go?”

“The Cave, it’s a bar.”

“I’m familiar with it.”

“Good. Now I need you to meet me on the north side of the gate.”

“You mean where the trees are blocking the camera?” he whispered, leaning towards him.

Patrick didn’t let on, but he felt uncomfortable with the way Tony leered at him. “Meet me at five o’clock and remember, tell no one.”

“As you wish, Young Valdez.” Tony walked past Patrick, brushing his shoulder against his.

Patrick knew his intentions but suspected he could handle the cocky man. He returned the way he came, headed back to his room when he noticed Cindy at his door knocking.

“Cindy,” he called.

She turned and smiled at him. “Excuse me, sir, but your mother sent me to ask if you were coming to lunch?”

“Tell her I’ll be right down. I want to change first.”

“Very good, sir,” she said, giving a courtesy before leaving.

Patrick shower and dressed in slacks and a pullover cashmere sweater. He tied his hair back as his stomach growled. He went downstairs to their private dining area with a table seating four. The walls were windows that focused on surrounding trees.

“Sorry for being late,” he said sitting. They lay the food out in front of them as Patrick served himself.

“We assumed you were staying in your room,” said Raoul.

“I got hungry.” Patrick stated, filling his plate with salad. “I don’t need everyone’s protection.”

“Your detective believes you do.”

Patrick filled his mouth as he contemplated Adam agreeing with his father.

“Patrick, Adam left you this,” his mother said, handing him a folded note.

“Left? Where is he?”

“He said he had to go back to his office.”

Patrick slowed his chewing as he opened the note.

“Pat, I need to check in at the office. I’m sorry I upset you, but I need to be sure you’re safe. Stay with your parents until this is over and I swear I will come for you. I love you and can’t wait to have you in my arms again.”

Adam

Patrick refolded the note and shoved it into his pocket. He picked up his fork and continued eating.

“Did he explain why he left?” asked Drucilla.

“Yes,” Patrick said, filling his mouth.

“Why don’t we do something together.”

“How about a movie,” suggested Raoul.

“That sounds wonderful, Raoul. What do you say, Patrick?”

“I guess.”

“We can make popcorn and pizza. Two of your favorite things,” Raoul said.

Patrick cheered up and smiled. “Sounds fun. But can we do it, early? I have a D&D game tonight online.”

“We’ll meet in the theater at four.”

“Okay, father.”

“And you can pick the movie.”

“Okay, how about, Rope?”

“Oh, splendid choice Patrick, I love thrillers,” Drucilla said.

“Then it’s settled. I’ll tell Carlos to set the projector.”

“Would it be all right if I walk around the grounds?” Patrick asked.

“I don’t see why not? I’ll be working from home and your mother needs to work on her projects.”

“Can we have cupcakes for dessert?”

“Will you have room?”

“Please, father.”

“Yes, we can,” said Drucilla. I’ll tell Roxanne.”

“Thank you mother.”

“Patrick, we understand you feel we’re treating you like a child. We just worry about your well being,” Drucilla said.

“I know. I’m sorry for being so difficult.”

“You get that from me,” his father said with a smile.

Drucilla stood and moved to Patrick, kissing him on the cheek. “Enjoy your walk dear, we’ll see you later.”

Raoul stood and kissed Patrick on the forehead before walking out with his wife. Patrick sat speculating about Adam’s note. Maybe he was making a mistake going to meet Mia. He raised his fork to eat when he received a text. When he checked, he saw his ex’s name. “Yuri, why can’t you leave me alone?” He turned off the alert for text when his eye fell on an open bottle of white wine. His throat grew dry, wanting a mouth full of the aged grape. Patrick didn’t let his weakness possess him as he averted his eyes down and finished eating.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..