Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 399 Words
  • 538 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 19. Chapter 19

Adam waited as the two detectives studied the head, and he studied the alley. He stepped back looking up at his window and wonder how someone tossed a human head so high. But then he remembered what Patrick told him of the person in Gavin Martin’s bathroom. The head tossed from Gavin’s window makes sense. He moved to where the head laid. It was an adult head with short spike blue hair. A single earring of a cross dangled across the bloody cheek. Artie used his pen to turn the head over where they discover the face disfigured. Someone bashed the face in to where they couldn’t tell if it was a man’s or woman’s.

“Man,” Artie said. “Someone went to town on this.”

“There’s a lot of blood.” AJ said.

“Too much.”

“Which means the crime happened somewhere around here and the person or persons took the body.”

“Or the body is nearby,” Adam said.

“That’s more likely,” Artie said.

“Did you just agree with me?” Adam asked.

“Don’t let it go to your head. I’ll call it in. Potter you and Detective Chance can search the area.” Artie pulled out his cell, leaving Adam with his ex-lover.

“And he’s trusting me with his partner. I’m two for two. What did I do to be bestow his honor?”

“It’s just his way in apologizing for being insensitive back at the morgue.”

“I need nothing from him.”

“Adam. What me and Artie did to you…”

“AJ, enough. It’s over and I moved on. With Patrick.” Adam started down the alley as AJ fell into step beside him.

“How is he?”

“Who?”

“Patrick, who else?”

“He’s fine.”

“How’s he taking the murders?”

“What? Why would I share this with him?”

“It happened to two people he hung out with.”

“Two people who degraded him for fun. I doubt he’d care.”

“Considering it has a link with the Gavin Martin case?”

“How? Nothing connecting them.”

“Adam Paul came to you for help because of Peter’s death.”

“So?”

“Adam how did Paul find out about Peter’s death? The police had no official release.”

“The killer told him.”

“Right. Someone’s taking revenge on the people who knew Gavin.”

“AJ,” Artie called walking up.

Adam stepped away and walked back towards the alley’s exit and saw a photograph on the ground. He moved closer and noticed it was a photo of a geisha.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..