Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 638 Words
  • 760 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 20. Chapter 20

Patrick exited the building running towards Gavin’s building passing the alley not seeing Adam talking with two men. He reached Gavin’s front door, finding it cracked open. The police tape was undisturbed. Patrick slipped under the tape and entered, keeping the door cracked. He took the stairs to the second floor, which he believes Adam would do. When he reached the door, he stopped to catch his breath. He never wanted to come back. He thought all his nightmares were over. Now someone was threating the man he loved and if he could prevent it, he will. Patrick grabbed the handle and took a breath. “He’s not here.” He referred to Gavin. “They’re all dead.” He opened the door, and to his surprise nothing changed. The furniture was still there, as if someone lived there. “Adam,” he called out. “Adam,” he said louder. No answer. A quick check of the kitchen, then the living room and the spare bedroom whose door was wide open. The last room was Gavin’s bedroom, where Patrick hesitated. “Adam?” silence. Is he even here? He wondered. Is he the one in the picture? Patrick barged into the room. There on the bed in the same position he found Gavin. On his stomach, as if he was sleeping. Patrick’s emotions were coming unhinged. He raced to the bed and yanked the sheet back, finding a horrific sight.

****

Adam picked up the photo and stared at the beautiful face of the painted male who he recognized.

“Potter, what are you doing?” Artie called.

Adam looked back when another voice caught his attention.

“Adam,” Justin came running up but stopped when he caught sight of the head. “Oh, man gross.”

“Justin, you shouldn’t be here it’s a crime scene.”

Artie snatched the picture from him wearing a latex glove. “Neither should you Potter.”

“NOOOO!!!!!!”

The shout came from up above sounding from Gavin’s building.

“Adam, Patrick’s not inside,” Justin said.

Adam’s adrenaline kicked in as he sprinted from the alley to Gavin’s front door. Followed by the two detectives. He saw the police tape and the ajar door and barged through them, racing up the stairs to the apartment. “Patrick,” Adam cried out, racing down the hallway entering the bedroom seeing the headless body on the bed. “Pat,” he cried out.

“Adam,” Patrick said on the floor, his back pressed against the wall.

Adam moved to him, pulling the sobbing man into his arms. “Pat, I’m here.”

“Adam—I thought that was you. Adam…” he gasped on every word.

“Pat calm down,” He cupped his face in his hands. “look at me.”

Through his tears, Patrick stared back.

“Breath with me. Okay copy me.”

Patrick did his best to calm himself as he inhaled and exhaled with Adam. His heart still raced in his chest, but he stopped crying and was breathing better.

“What were you doing in here?” AJ asked.

Patrick caught AJ’s glare and dug his fingers into Adam’s biceps.

“What is he doing here?” Patrick demanded, looking back at Adam.

“They’re investigating a case.”

“Answer my question, Mr. Valdez,” AJ demanded.

“None of you damn business,” Patrick threw back.

“Excuse me? You’re with a dead body on the same bed you found your then boyfriend Gavin Martin and you think that’s none of my business?”

“Okay AJ, he’s in shock,” Adam defend staying between them.

“He needs to answer my question.”

“He will.”

“No, I won’t,” Patrick said defiantly.

“Then you’ll answer them downtown.” AJ brought out a pair of handcuffs when Artie called to him.

“AJ, you need to see this,” Artie said.

AJ wasn’t happy he couldn’t cuff the Valdez went to his partner. “What is it?”

“The killer left a note.”

“Where?”

“There,” Artie pointed to the body.

Someone carved into the chest of the victim. YOU’RE NEXT.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..