Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 936 Words
  • 890 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 16. Chapter 16

Sorry for the mix up here's the right chapter.

“Justin, I’ll be back.” Was all Adam said as he stormed out of the office followed by the two detectives.

The door shut with a bang, then the room fell quiet.

Justin sighed. He wanted to go with Adam. Even though Adam told him he was not working in the field. Adam bent a few times and allow Justin along. He watched Adam like a student watched their teacher. He absorbed everything. He took Adam advice and went to the diner for breakfast that he missed because he was sleeping in someone else's bed last night. An exotic dancer from the gentlemen’s club he lived above. He was having a free dinner at one of his favorite tacos spots when he bumped elbows with Ian, whose eyes looked like two marbles of cedar gold.

Justin returned to the office with a full stomach and a smoothie. He busied himself by working on advertisement he wanted to present to Adam. Word of mouth is one thing, but they needed a broader reach to bring in clients. He considered talking to Patrick about it. He loved Adam and wanted him to succeed, maybe, he could refer them to his wealthy friends. When he finished that project, he started putting together a file for Paul and sort out the mail when a bang came to the window catching his attention. He stared at the window and saw a red smudge. He rose and moved to it, thinking a bird might of flew into the window.

*****

Adam climbed into his jeep, slamming his door. He took deep breaths, trying not to go back inside and beating the holy crap out of Artie. “Fuck him,” he muttered as he reached for his cell phone in his coat, finding it missing. He checked his other pockets as his eyes scanned his surroundings. His eyes landed on his cell in his cupholder. Adam snatched it up, needing to hear Patrick’s voice when he saw several missed messages and calls from Patrick and Justin.

Adam drove at top speed as he listened to desperate pleads from Patrick crying. “He’s back! He’s not dead! Adam, where are you?” Justin’s panic was worst. He claimed someone threw a human head at the window and it was laying in the alley below. “A head?” Adam said. “Whose head?” he shouted. His foot pressed on the accelerator as he swerved to avoid cars as sirens blared behind him.

He slid into his parking spot and jumped out of his jeep, racing into his building. His footsteps echoed up the stairs as his heart pound in his chest. He reached the second floor and ran straight for his office. There he found Justin sitting at his desk with his head in his hands.

“Justin,” Adam said breathlessly.

Justin looked up and rushed to his boss. “Adam, it hit the glass,” he pointed.

Adam moved to the window and saw the smeared blood. He opened the window and saw below what looked like a human head laying face down in a puddle.

“Pat,” he said in a gasp. He darted for his office and opened the secret door that led to his apartment, skipping steps as he climbed. “Pat,” he called as he raced to the bedroom. He burst in looking for his lover. “Pat.” He was about to fall apart when he heard a voice.

“Adam.”

He looked down and saw Patrick crawling out from under the bed. Adam’s heart leaped as he rushed and helped Patrick, who had a towel around his waist, to his feet. He wrapped his arms around the younger man, who hugged him back. Once their hearts slowed, Adam released him. “Pat are you all right?”

“Adam—I saw him.”

“Who?”

“Jay, wearing that mask.”

“Where.”

“From your bathroom window. He’s in Gavin’s apartment. Adam, he was watching me.” Patrick tried to calm his voice.

Adam went to the bathroom and looked out the window. The similar window across from him still had the police tape crisscrossing on the broken window. He saw no one returning to Patrick, who was sitting on the bed. He sat beside him and place his arm around him.

“One one’s there but I better go check to be sure.”

“Adam no.”

“I’ll be okay, Pat. I’ll take my gun with me.”

“Adam there’s more.”

“What.”

“I received a phone call.”

“From Jay?”

“No. From Gavin.”

“Gavin? You mean you ex?”

“Yes.”

“Did you talk to him?”

“I answered, but there was no one there.”

“Okay, I need you to get dressed and come downstairs with me.”

“Why?”

Adam’s interrupted by Justin’s voice. “Adam is he okay?”

“Yeah, Justin, he’s fine. Stay there we’re coming down together.”

“What’s going on with him?” Patrick asked, referring to Justin.

“I’ll explain later.” Adam grabbed one of his tee shirts and slipped it over Patrick’s head and down his slim waist, the towel tumbling to the floor. He found the pair of sweatpants Patrick wore when he did his makeup for an event. Patrick had to lean on Adam’s shoulders as he lifted one leg at a time into the legs. “Okay, where’s your sneakers?”

“Over there by the dresser.” Adam found them and help Patrick into them. “There,” Adam looked at the baggy outfit on the slim male. “We’ll grabbed you a blanket on the way out.”

“Adam, I look a mess. And why do I need a blanket?”

“A cute mess.” Adam kissed him once. “We don’t have time for you to pick clothes I need you to come downstairs.” He grabbed his hand and tugged him along.

I'm having so much fun I hope you all are too.
Again sorry for the double chapter.
Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..