Jump to content
    keyisfake
  • Author
  • 1,048 Words
  • 440 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Reckoning - 25. Chapter 25

After locking the door, Adam checked the elevator to be sure none of the reports were hiding on it, then locked it down. He took the stairs to his apartment on the third floor, to make sure no one broke into his apartment. Adam returned to the second floor to check the empty office door. Once convinced, he returned to his office and locked the reception door behind him. He entered his own office finding Patrick swallowing another glass of whisky and the bottle had maybe a shot left. He went to his aristocratic and took the empty glass from his fingers, placing it on the desk.

“Pat, you shouldn’t have drank so much,” Adam said, not scolding but concerned.

Patrick stared back, flushed from his intoxication. “I love you Adam,” he spoke in a drunken stammer.

“I love you more.”

Tears welled in his eyes as he tried not to cry. “I messed up, Adam.”

“No, you didn’t.”

“Everything is falling apart.”

“No, it’s not. Come on, let’s go upstairs.” Without effort, Adam pulled Patrick to his feet, walking him to the hidden door to his apartment. He unlocked it and held Patrick around his waist and took him upstairs. When they entered through the living room, Adam picked up Patrick and carried him to the bedroom. He sat Patrick on the edge of the bed and sat beside him. “You need water so you don’t dehydrate.”

“No, I don’t,” Patrick said in a sleepy state.

“You do, Pat. I’ll be right back.” Adam tried to stand when Patrick lunged at him, straddling his lap.

“I’m not thirsty for water Adam.” His soft hazel eyes stared down at his detective’s blue ones as his fingers combed through his hair.

“Tell me what you’re thirsty for, Pat.”

Patrick leaned down and lightly licked Adam’s lips. Adam grinned at the aroused male grinding on his lap.

“Pat,” Adam whispered, breathing in his scent.

“Yes?” Patrick responded with a kiss to the tip of his nose.

“As much as I want this…”

Patrick kissed his forehead and dropped to his neck and lapped at the flesh.

Adam lost reason as he turned the smaller male onto his back and pressed is his firm body against his.

They stared at each other for a moment than without a word their lips embraced.

Adam’s hands traveled over the slender body, tugging up the large tee shirt.

Patrick help by wiggling out of the oversize shirt, pushing it over his head and tossing it away.

Adam kissed, sucked, and bit exposed flesh causing Patrick to moan his delight.

Both tug and stripped off clothes tumbling in bed.

Adam took control and ravished Patrick’s body, who laid still as Adam kissed his stomach and traveled back up to his lips when Adam heard something strange. Patrick’s steady breathing. He sat up and found lover sound asleep.

He considered waking him up, but let him sleep. Adam got up and dressed going to the kitchen and grabbing two bottles of water and placing them on the nightstand.

His cell rang, and he left the room to answer the call.

“Hello,” he said, walking into the living room. The caller was AJ.

“Adam, the reporters are leaving.”

A wave of relief washed over Adam as he opened the fridge. He discovered they were out of food. At least the delivery person won’t have to fight their way to the front door. He thought. “Thanks for the heads up, AJ.”

“You’re welcome. If you don’t mind me asking, how’s Patrick?”

“He’s sleeping.”

“I suppose drinking whisky would do that.”

“I remembered your first viewing of a corpse. You wouldn’t stop shaking until I gave you a drink. And then you had four more.”

AJ paused from Adam’s comment, a ping melancholy. “When have you ever been so nostalgic?”

“I guess I grew since then. Listen AJ, I need to go. Patrick will be up soon, and I need to call for food. Thanks for calling.”

A sting of resentment entered AJ when Adam mentioned Patrick’s name, but brushed it aside. “You’re welcome.”

Adam hung up, placing his cell down on the counter. He opened a draw where he kept the menus and removed a few, spreading them out on the counter. He wondered if he should pick for Patrick or wake him up and ask him when two hands wrapped around his abs.

“You fell asleep,” Adam said, taking one of Patrick’s hands and kissing the back.

“No, I didn’t.” Patrick pressed his face against Adam’s back. “I was resting my eyes.”

Adam smiled as he turned to face Patrick. He raised his chin so he could look into his eyes. “Did you drink any water?”

“Yes, a whole bottle.”

“Good.” Patrick’s eyes jerk back and forward, unable to look straight at Adam. “You’re still intoxicated.”

“I’m fine.”

“You need food and more water.”

“I need you.”

“You’ll have me after we eat.”

Adam’s cell rang again. Justin’s name showed on the displayed. “Hey Justin, what’s up?” he said, holding Patrick, who pressed his cheek against Adam’s chest.

“Adam you should turn on the news.”

“Why?” Adam asked, then remembered the reporters and cameras. “Never mind, hang on.”

Adam helped Patrick into the living room and sat him on the couch. He grabbed the remote and told his television to put on the news. A news channel came on with a Reporter ending her talk on the weather.

“Breaking news, the police found the headless body in an upstairs bedroom. This is the second time someone died at this location. A few months back, the owner of the building, Gavin Martin’s own body laid in the same bedroom with numerous stab wounds. Rumor has it, Mr. Martin had dated Patrick Valdez, the son and sole heir to Raoul and Drucilla Valdez. Speculation has Patrick Valdez connected to the recent murder and now is seeing a detective by the name of Adam Potter. More on this later.”

“Adam?” Justin said.

“Yeah.”

“There’s going to be repercussions.”

“We’ll deal with them when them come. Thanks for the heads up.”

“No problem, boss. See you tomorrow?”

“Bye Justin.”

Adam hung up and looked at Patrick who fallen back to sleep. He ordered food and carried Patrick back to bed.

Copyright © 2017 keyisfake; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Thank you all for reading I hope I didn't disappoint.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..