Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

3 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Nah... That would screw up my posting schedule.

But I think your 65th should be celebrated. How about you get to read the opening scene of the next story? This is just for Dugh, people. Nobody else should peek. ;)

Happy birthday, my friend.

Reveal hidden contents

Insistent banging on the door roused Banner Hoyt from his nap. “WHAT?” Scratching his chest where the regrowth itched, he thought it was time to use the razor again. Running his hand farther down, he decided his groin needed a trim too.

“Come on, Hoyt. Time to hit the showers and get prettied up for your boyfriend.”  Chad could be such a pain in the ass.

“Come in already.”

Chad White was a native, born and raised in Badger, while his father worked as a civilian contractor at Eielson Air Force Base. Being surrounded by military personnel from an early age influenced his decision to join the Coast Guard. His live-and-let-live attitude was typical among most Alaskans; life was hard enough in the frozen frontier without worrying about what others did or whom they did it with.

“Stop playing with yourself, and let’s get ready.” He tightened the white towel around his waist and leaned against the doorframe. “I’m dying for a beer. Oh, and I need to borrow shampoo. Ran out and forgot to get more.”

Banner, rubbing sleep from his eyes, sat up. When he swung his legs off the bed, the covers slipped to reveal he slept naked. “Fine. You can borrow shampoo, but you gotta give me a hand shaving.”

“I don’t understand you gay guys. Your man has a carpet of hair on his chest but wants you smooth?”

“Nothing to do with being gay. And I do it for myself, not anyone else.” Banner stood and stretched, reached for the towel hanging on a hook, and wrapped it around his waist, matching Chad’s attire. “Plenty of women make their men shave too. I do it ’cause I like how it feels when I run a hand anywhere on my body. Almost as good as rubbing you.”

Thanks, for the prezzie. I'm intrigued.

• Love 4
On 12/12/2022 at 9:47 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

"... if something changes I'll be picking on Muslim fundamentalists and Qatar specifically (in next story). International organizations granting competitions to countries like that, China, or Russia should be lambasted.

Someone told me I should respect their religious traditions, and I say fuck that. Not when they kill people for not conforming..."

No I'm not time travelling, just picking up on what I missed, and commenting today on recent UK news 'Chuckles III' has changed his Coronation Oath so he can say "Defender of Faiths" instead of the traditional 'Defender of THE Faith' in his 'God given role' (via Henry VIII in a royal snit over divorcing wives) as Leader of the Church of England. C-III stated that despite muslim edict to "Spread faith by the sword", he believes "they are fundamentally good people".

Interpretations of what 'believers' say is "word of _______  (Prophet, God whatever) is what screws people up, in this case starting in 622AD. 

As for international and US-run organizations: 5-rings, fast cars, football  etc., participating in and encouraging the 'Sportswashing' of murderous dictators and their regimes all for $£€¥🪙is abhorrent. And while a few players of/in those sports publically decry the despots and leaders, they don't boycott, but "reluctantly show up under contract to play." If 'driver associations' and ALL drivers decide not to race that sends a message, but 1 holdout clogs that movement.

If ALL FIFA teams had said FUQ and worn the armbands, what would have happened?

Please go ahead and open a FICTIONAL can of whup ass! Just make sure everyone is included, no one gets left malone and take every liberty you can.

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

@Anton_Cloche

Remember I have two American football players in the extended cast?

The chapter I'm currently working on will see them return at a dinner party at Everhope. One of the conversations that night will revolve about sports, who and why owns teams, and CJ and Owen's approach to being part owners of a professional one themselves. My outline includes a line or two about FIFA and Qatar.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Set in Alaska, it's a whole new cast, and there might be a touch of mystery involved. :P

Thanks from me too. I lived in North Pole and have driven through Badger, though it wasn't yet a town then.

• Like 4
19 hours ago, frosenblum said:

Thanks from me too. I lived in North Pole and have driven through Badger, though it wasn't yet a town then.

The stories set in a fictional town at the apex of a fictional bay, backing up to Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve.

• Like 3

@Mrsgnomie

Thought of you when writing this passage. My MC's haven't visited Oregon yet, but they're drinking Oregonian booze. :P

Spoiler

After scanning the premium liquors offered, Owen turned to CJ and shrugged. “No Bombay”Bombay Sapphire was their preferred gin for martinis—“but they have Aviation.”

“The Ryan Reynolds stuff? Get us a little taste first but let’s try it. I like the bottle.” It came in a ridged, clear glass container with obvious Art Deco influences.

“You’re such a wanker.” Owen turned to the bartender and ordered a shot glass with gin and two martinis, straight up, with olives.

An American dry gin distilled in Portland, Oregon, Aviation was part of London-based Diageo’s portfolio. Ryan Reynolds owned a piece of it, and his social media posts about it were hilarious. Owen replicated the tasting steps he followed with wine, smacked his lips, and passed the small glass to CJ.

“Well?” CJ’s palate was not as discerning as his husband’s, so he trusted Owen’s opinion.

“Not bad. A bit more juniper-forward than our usual, it comes through strongly on the nose. Along with lavender and earthy spice.”

CJ nodded after smelling it.

“Not as lemony as Bombay, the spice flourishes are more pronounced. The palate hints at cinnamon and cardamom. I like it. Probably good for dirty martinis. The olive juice would balance the floral notes well.”

Wetting his lips with the liquid, CJ again nodded. “We’ll need to add it to Everhope’s bar.” He turned around when someone tapped his shoulder.

• Like 3
On 12/30/2022 at 3:52 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

image.png.7a4a072a7a674825780e6f302a37cf21.png

These photos didn't seem right to me for CJ and Oz, but it took me a while to figure out what bothered me. It came to me in a flash this morning. It's the Oz photo. That's not the body of a rugby player, The ones I've met were all much huskier. (One of them was a Tongan dude who was on the U.S. national rugby team -- he was at least twice as wide as the the guy in the  Oz photo. 😁)

• Like 3
14 hours ago, frosenblum said:

These photos didn't seem right to me for CJ and Oz, but it took me a while to figure out what bothered me. It came to me in a flash this morning. It's the Oz photo. That's not the body of a rugby player, The ones I've met were all much huskier. (One of them was a Tongan dude who was on the U.S. national rugby team -- he was at least twice as wide as the the guy in the  Oz photo. 😁)

I got lucky when I picked those two actors to represent my MCs. They don't fit my descriptions exactly (CJ's hairier and Owen's smoother) but otherwise they're close.

Owen (and the actor) are 6' 2" and weighs in about 200lbs. CJ's 2 inches shorter and ways the same. I think the picture tracks since CJ looks bulkier.

You made me google this stuff yesterday. The average height for professional rugby players is 6' 2", so Owen fits right in, but he weighs some 20 pounds less than average.

There are players shorter and lighter than him. It all depends on what position they play.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

But Oz plays as a hobby.  He’s not a professional.  He isn’t looking to ‘beef up’ in order to bring his team to the top of the league like a pro team would.  This is fun time for him.  Some people simply hide their muscles better than others.  I have a nephew who was drafted to the all-state b-ball team at 17 because of his skills (his height didn’t hurt, either), but he looks like he weighs 120 lbs soaking wet.  He’s tall, lean and lanky and unexpectedly strong.  I think Oz looks just as he should.

Take a look at my response to Frosie. But you're right. He plays for fun (like CJ played intramural basketball in college) even though he could fit in the pitch with his team. I can't wait to have him and CJ get beat up when they decide to practice with Old Glory for the fun of it. :P

• Haha 5
14 hours ago, Okiegrad said:

Mmmmm. Just as sexy as I had them pictured in my mind!   Not sure why, but I always have Oz pictured as clean shaven.  This bearded look is freaking HOT. Totally different fantasies forming in my mind now 😂😂😂

As I mentioned above, these two were my original models for CJ and Owen, I've modified their looks to suit my purposes, but they continue to closely track closely. And although in the series CJ's almost 6 years younger than Owen, in real life those guys are the same age.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Research for stories can affect my mood. Right now I'm dying for a daiquiri.

Only 10 minutes from U.S. Embassy, a short walk for CJ and Owen, to have Ernest's favorite drink in Cuba, a daiquiri with Havana Club Rum, Grapefruit juice and a maraschino cherry (no umbrella!).

ErnestHemingway.jpg

Salud!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Sad 1