Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

21 hours ago, tabaqui said:

lovely car to see, don't know if I want to drive one ever.

The outside's beautiful but if the engine was restored using duct tape, chewing gum, and rubber bands, I'm with you.

And I've never driven a car with the stickshift on the steering wheel column, not sure I could do it.

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

A couple of people have tried to teach me how to drive manuals.  Haven’t succeeded yet!

damn, and I think it's so easy driving a manual. Don't matter if it's left hand drive or right hand drive to me.

Only time I would love an automatic is in traffic jams and when I ever drove supercars at slow speeds. (my ankle still hates me for a very heavy clutch on some models.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

The outside's beautiful but if the engine was restored using duct tape, chewing gum, and rubber bands, I'm with you.

And I've never driven a car with the stickshift on the steering wheel column, not sure I could do it.

you can do it, just be careful the first few times you try to shift gears and be prepared to hear metal grind sounds if it's goes wrong. 

55 minutes ago, JACC said:

I know I would never ever want to parallel park one. Ever. 🫣 And I’m known among my people for being able to parallel park almost anything anywhere 

nope, not even going there. Just drive further to a different parking and walk back then 🤣

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, JACC said:

I know I would never ever want to parallel park one. Ever. 🫣 And I’m known among my people for being able to parallel park almost anything anywhere 

There's a major avenue (2 lanes plus parking each direction) a couple of  blocks from me that has five boat-length cars from that era parked on the street, nose to tail. I don't know if the owner ever drives any of them other than across the street and back twice a month for street cleaning. Parallel parking is not a problem along that block, because what's along there on both sides is a parking lot, mostly empty storefronts and a couple of vacant lots.

There are also a couple of boats, one purple, usually parked near my gym.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 3/13/2023 at 11:38 AM, tabaqui said:

lovely car to see, don't know if I want to drive one ever.

I remember watching the TV show during which the 1957 model cars were unveiled to the American public. (Were those annual shows the first infomercials?) I was 13 and very excited seeing all those long tail fins!

• Wow 3
2 hours ago, JACC said:

Yeah, that was doesn't come with parking assist for sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, tabaqui said:

damn, and I think it's so easy driving a manual. Don't matter if it's left hand drive or right hand drive to me.

Only time I would love an automatic is in traffic jams and when I ever drove supercars at slow speeds. (my ankle still hates me for a very heavy clutch on some models.

Just wait until we're all driving electric cars. Or more like they drive us.

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

Have you thought of have a gallery of pics?  Like for the places CJ enjoyed. And your concepts of who your characters look like.   They could all be one spot to view.

a bit of my selfishness that others might enjoy too

Yes, I have. I share images in this thread frequently, but there are limits on what I can. If I provide links to net images, those can disappear after a while. Either the website or poster of the original pictures may remove them. And if I post pictures directly, I run into GA limits. There's a finite amount of storage allocated to each member for image sharing.

I used to post them on Facebook, but I got fed up with most social media sites a while back and deleted those accounts. Often, I'll share things I find while researching/writing stories. The car I recently posted will be part of a future one set in Cuba.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

Thanks. Good info.  I created a file for myself of your pics starting with Alaska. Did you post pics of everhope?    Brent. Cesar?  Their home?  Malibu?  Falcons nest? The squad?  
Just me being greedy 

If I've used an exact address for three of their homes, my descriptions are based on real places modified to serve my purposes. If you google them, you can find the Zillow or Redfin listings which usually have plenty of pictures. The lodge in Vail and the beach house in Malibu are entirely fictional.

As for characters, scroll through this thread and you'll find quite a few pictures of CJ, Owen, Brett, and Cesar. Alternatively, google Maxi Iglesias, Alexander Ludwig, Nick Youngquest, and Henry Cavill. :P

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

Thanks. Good info.  I created a file for myself of your pics starting with Alaska. Did you post pics of everhope?    Brent. Cesar?  Their home?  Malibu?  Falcons nest? The squad?  
Just me being greedy 

Maybe you're not being greedy so much as living true to your Display Name. 😁 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

Dang. Just amazing.  CJ and crew do live with beauty 

I shared that photo because I mention the Jefferson Memorial and the cherry trees in the chapter going live tomorrow. And because peak blossom time this year is predicted for late next week.

• Like 3