Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

@Unlimited Possibilites

Was it everything I wrote about? LOL

The Chihuly glass is magnificent. I also loved the mobile in the lobby.

IMO MAM and the Guggenheim are more interesting for their architecture than for their exhibits. I mean, once you've seen half a dozen Ming Dynasty vases they all start looking the same.

On a related note, I have visits to two DC area museums outlined and I'm gonna have to look at a lot of pictures and articles; I haven't been to either one in the last 15 years.!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

I was just at the Milwaukee art museum 

SANTIAGO COFATRVA

47132C2A-FEB8-4743-AC61-6A0CA7E3B4EF.jpeg

BBBA095A-DDD9-44CC-8E55-E324B482D6A5.jpeg

608A0FC1-53B1-48EB-A47F-4C9029D759B6.jpeg

0B05700E-16CD-4B47-BCB9-3D73622F2A7F.jpeg

38C25438-2FD3-4AE9-935E-FE29995D62BE.jpeg

664E9682-6591-48E7-90D2-7EB6F6F3B99F.jpeg

It doesn’t get the attention it deserves, even within the community.  There is very little advertising or promotion of the building, its exhibits or events.  You almost have to be a member of the inner circle to know what’s going on there, even though everyone knows what and where it is and points it out to visitors with pride.  It’s the same with the botanical gardens, known locally as The Three Domes.  On the other hand, something like the State Fair, which lasts 10 days at the beginning of each August, receives year round publicity and promotion.  Please be aware this is not any kind of complaint.  It is a simple observation from a native daughter.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

SANTIAGO COFATRVA

It doesn’t get the attention it deserves, even within the community.  There is very little advertising or promotion of the building, its exhibits or events.  You almost have to be a member of the inner circle to know what’s going on there, even though everyone knows what and where it is and points it out to visitors with pride.  It’s the same with the botanical gardens, known locally as The Three Domes.  On the other hand, something like the State Fair, which lasts 10 days at the beginning of each August, receives year round publicity and promotion.  Please be aware this is not any kind of complaint.  It is a simple observation from a native daughter.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

SANTIAGO COFATRVA

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Unlimited Possibilites said:

https://apple.news/AqEveROGARpi_xUz_pyaAfQ
I just saw this. Thought of one of CJ’s dinners

Okay, now I have to work Spielberg into one of my stories. :P

Obama walking into the kitchen and asking to take a picture with the staff is the kind of move I love about him and I hope to have CJ emulate.

Springsteen plays at Nationals Stadium in Washington on August 28 and at Camden Yards in Baltimore on September 9. I suspect Cesar, Brett, CJ, and Owen will be at both shows. They were at the March concert at Capital One Arena already.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Okay, now I have to work Spielberg into one of my stories. :P

Obama walking into the kitchen and asking to take a picture with the staff is the kind of move I love about him and I hope to have CJ emulate.

Springsteen plays at Nationals Stadium in Washington on August 28 and at Camden Yards in Baltimore on September 9. I suspect Cesar, Brett, CJ, and Owen will be at both shows. They were at the March concert at Capital One Arena already.

I'm seeing Springsteen at Hyde Park, London in July.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Okay, now I have to work Spielberg into one of my stories.

Hmm. How to do this in a natural way. Another Oscar 'After Party' (amfAR)? Oh perhaps, in Aegean, they are docked next to his newest MegaYacht aka Y720.

y720-4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 4/29/2023 at 7:54 PM, Anton_Cloche said:

Hmm. How to do this in a natural way. Another Oscar 'After Party' (amfAR)? Oh perhaps, in Aegean, they are docked next to his newest MegaYacht aka Y720.

So, you think The Agean 's set on water? CJ and Spielberg dock their superyachts next to each other? Ha!

May I remind you of a hotel Brett and Cesar spent time at in Vegas? I mean, come on, man. You think I mentioned the resort's name for the heck of it? ;)

On another subject, I'm afraid I won't be rooting for the Mape Leafs in round two of the NHL playoffs.

Edited by Carlos Hazday
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
4 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

So, you think The Agean 's set on water? CJ and Spielberg dock their superyachts next to each other? Ha!

May I remind you of a hotel Brett and Cesar spent time at in Vegas? I mean, come on, man. You think I mentioned the resort's name for the heck of it? ;)

On another subject, I'm afraid I won't be rooting for the Mape Leafs in round two of the NHL playoffs.

Was hoping for another Mediterranean 'family' adventure, hence Spielberg's excessively huge mega-yacht and a rant from Owen.

As for Leafs vs Florida's 'other' endangered panthers? Well, let's see how the first 2 games go.

Screenshots_2023-05-01-12-04-21.png.a6471631572a79309cd84214525492f2.png

Edited by Anton_Cloche
Correction Revision
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Was hoping for another Mediterranean 'family' adventure, hence Spielberg's excessively huge mega-yacht and a rant from Owen.

As for Leafs vs Florida's 'other' endangered panthers? Well, let's see how the first 2 games go.

Vegas, baby... Vegas!

The Miami Heat beat the Milwaukee Bucs (best record in the NBA) in the first round of the playoffs.

The Florida Panthers beat the Boston Bruins (best record in the NHL) in the first round of the playoffs.

The Heat then beat the New York Knicks in the first game of the second round.

Yeah, I'm feeling exuberant (that's for you @Myr) right now, but I'm not holding my breath. I realize the playoffs are unpredictable.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Yeah, I'm feeling exuberant (that's for you @Myr) right now, but I'm not holding my breath. I realize the playoffs are unpredictable.

🤞🏻

• Like 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, frosenblum said:

The Cuban Navy sure has interesting uniforms, and the sailors look their very best.

Hey! He had to strip when he went scuba diving! Had I been there, I may have wanted to lick a nipple or two. LOL

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1
9 hours ago, Daddydavek said:

Alright, a latin definition of a walking wet dream!

The guy in the picture's actually from the Dominican Republic, but he can definitely pass for Cuban. CJ has more self-control than I would.

• Haha 3
  • Wow 1