British humour explained… :funny:

Quora

“British people seem to work so incredibly hard to find double entendres in innocuous statements. I watch a lot of British comedy and there are many times they act like an incredible innuendo was made but upon review, I cannot find the joke.”

I met an American girl in a bar who asked for an explanation to this too. So I gave her one. 

BBC radio comedy show

"The lovely Samantha is having dinner with her gentleman friend the butcher this evening. Last week she had his beef in ale, but tonight she's having his tongue in cider"

Edited by Zombie
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
A priest was talking to a group of kids about “being good” and going to heaven.

At the end of his talk, he asked, “Where do you want to go?”
“Heaven! Heaven!” Yelled Little Lisa.
“And what do you have to be to get there?” asked the priest.
“Dead!” Yelled Little Johnny.

Edited by drpaladin
  • Haha 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Things passengers don’t want to hear when the pilot accidentally leaves the passenger communication switch open…

“What’s it doing now?”
“Where’s the airport?”
“Can you smell burning?” :funny:

Edited by Zombie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Why did God give women legs?

Spoiler

To keep slimy snail tracks off the floor

I honestly don't intend offense, and if I crossed the line with this one, please let me know... I found it funny when I heard it years ago...

• Haha 1
On 1/24/2024 at 2:46 PM, Brit4Shains said:

I found it funny when I heard it years ago...

That’s because it may have been funny years ago.

• Like 2

Then allow me to try again:

Salesman leave Vegas to California, sees a sign stating Last Chance for Gas 20 miles.

Pulls in, fills his tank and decides to get breakfast at the attached diner. While eating he sees a sign above the kitchen pass thru... "If you can make my donkey laugh, I'll pay $500. Signed Owner".

He finishes his meal, calls the owner over and verifies that the sign isn't a joke. Owner confirms, and salesman says he'll take him up on the offer.

They walk out to where the donkey is tied up, salesman tells the owner he must remain at the building, walks over to the donkey and whispers in his ear.

The donkey brays and starts to laugh uncontrollably. The owner rushes over, demanding to know what was said. Salesman denies that knowledge, stating the sign didn't say anything about it. The owner reluctantly paid the $500.

6 months later, the salesman returning to Vegas, stopped in for gas and breakfast, to find the sign had been changed. Now it read "If you can make my donkey cry, I'll pay $500. Signed Owner".

Again, once the meal was finished, he called the owner over, reminded him of his trip from 6 months past, and told the owner he wanted to take him up on the new offer.

They walked out back, and again the owner was told to stay at the building. Salesman walked over to the donkey, and with his back to the owner did something, and the donkey started crying big ole crocodile tears.

The owner rushed over, and was emphatic... "You have to tell me what's going on!!". Salesman told him "That's easy... 6 months ago, I told your donkey I was hung better than it was... I just proved it".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I asked my husband if he had advice on how I could stop my dad-joke addiction.

He said, "Whatever means necessary."

And I said,

Spoiler

"No, it doesn't."

• Haha 2