Your current song

It was a huge surprise to me when he came out as gay since the last song of him, I knew was "Empire State of Mind" ten years ago ^^

Edited by Zuri
Source for my claim
  • Like 3
6 hours ago, Myr said:

I stumbled back across this song last night.  It still blows my mind that a heavy metal band did a cover of a Simon and Garfunkel classic.  And did such an outstanding job.  And damn if the message behind the song still doesn't ring true today...  no one is listening to each other.  Disturbed - The Sound of Silence.  Damn, does David Draiman have a set of pipes.

I adore that version! I love it just as much as the original.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Myr said:

I stumbled back across this song last night.  It still blows my mind that a heavy metal band did a cover of a Simon and Garfunkel classic.  And did such an outstanding job.  And damn if the message behind the song still doesn't ring true today...  no one is listening to each other.  Disturbed - The Sound of Silence.  Damn, does David Draiman have a set of pipes.

I still listen to this every couple of weeks. :)  I'm listening to this at the moment...

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Something a little different for y'all.

That reminds me vaguely of this:

I normally don't like that schlager/pop vibe, but in that case, it was okay

Edited by Zuri
  • Like 1

The way they use the ø isn't to change the sound. It mimics the appearance of the cover art used some of the time.  

Don't believe it's my browser, I tried to embed it...let me try it this way :)

On 3/12/2021 at 6:56 PM, Thorn Wilde said:

You have no idea how hilarious it is as a Scandinavian to see people use ø in place of o, because it does NOT make that sound in any language where it's a real letter. :gikkle:

Also, the videos are supposed to embed automatically when you paste the link in. Might be something with your device or browser?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, JeffsFort said:

The way they use the ø isn't to change the sound. It mimics the appearance of the cover art used some of the time.  

Don't believe it's my browser, I tried to embed it...let me try it this way :)

Oh, I know they're not trying to change the sound. I'm saying ø is a letter and it sounds like the vowel sound in hurt or burst or flirt and it's absolutely hilarious to read as a person whose alphabet has that letter in it. It's funny because it's unintentional. :P 

• Like 1

Someone recommended that one to me earlier this week in another forum with a similar thread, and now I can't stop listening to it.

Edited by Zuri
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2021 at 9:49 AM, Zuri said:

It was a huge surprise to me when he came out as gay

It was a huge surprise to me when Ricky Martin came out of the closet, too; but that was because I never knew he was in, lol!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched this last week and this song conveys so much humanity. It's still in my head.

Back in the 90's Disney had its Renaissance of animated movies, but Dreamworks proved with Prince of Egypt, it could be a contender with amazing songs, voice actors/actresses (including Patrick Stewart, Val Kilmer, Michelle Pfeiffer, Helen Mirren, and Sandra Bullock). and a timeless story retold without being too stern or too cartoonish, there's good reason why this movie is considered an animated classic by audiences who grew up in the 90's.

• Love 1

In have no clue why YouTube recommended that video to me, but now I have an earworm. I love their vibe!

• 5 weeks later...

Offer Nissim- Cha Cha Cha (Peter Rauhofer NYC Remix)

There's just something about that repetitive, circuit-tribal beat that can keep you dancing for hours. Also, it fits perfectly for this very hedonistic scene from Queer As Folk. 

• Love 1

I was really into this guy but it was never going to work out the way I’d hoped it would. I still think about him a lot even though I wish I didn’t. I find myself identifying with the lyrics of this song a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...

NSFW warning. I'm unashamed to say my appreciation for Bo Burnham, especially his new special, Inside, on Netflix. One of the two songs I've listened to nonstop for the past thirty-six hours.

Edit:  From the cackle leading into the third part of the song, I'm not afraid to throw Bo's name in the running to play The Joker in a future Batman movie.

Edited by astone2292
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, astone2292 said:

NSFW warning. I'm unashamed to say my appreciation for Bo Burnham, especially his new special, Inside, on Netflix. One of the two songs I've listened to nonstop for the past thirty-six hours.

Edit:  From the cackle leading into the third part of the song, I'm not afraid to throw Bo's name in the running to play The Joker in a future Batman movie.

Yeah, it's a great cackle. :) 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, astone2292 said:

@astone2292 He's very on point 👍

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently listening to Stairway To Heaven on repeat as I have been on hold for 43 minutes trying to get tech support. I am so close to just holding my breath until I pass out...I am slowly going insane.

J

• Haha 2

You reminded me of a Web site called "Hairway to Steven," which was dedicated to the lovely Steve Kelso, a beautifully hirsute model for explicit gay photos.  The site is gone, but there is still an abundance of photos of Mr. Kelso floating around, and looking at them might provide some visual solace for your auditory distress.