2019 Spring Anthology: In the Stars & Snapped ~ Discussion

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2019 at 9:29 PM, Timothy M. said:

For some reason I though the Anthology deadline was March 15th. :o  It was a relief to find out it's May 15th when I checked. Now I may actually get something written.

You will definitely get something written! :angry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, aditus said:

What, is the AI team unavailable?

Hmm, but having thought it over, I guess Snapped might be a good description of how Angel reacted after being shot by Theliel.

But I was hoping to either do some more on my firefighter story or write something new. :unsure: On the other hand, doing the latter might just give another story where readers nag me for a sequel.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 2:19 PM, Puppilull said:

Well, I'm suddenly 1k words in and the characters are starting to reveal themselves. No, not like that! Or well, maybe a little like that. But the point is I'm writing and it feels good! 

I know the feeling, I am at 2.8K Words in and still have ideas. I wonder if 25K is a hard maximum or a soft maximum?

Edited by W_L
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, W_L said:

I know the feeling, I am at 2.8K Words in and still have ideas. I wonder if 25K is a hard maximum or a soft maximum?

25K is the maximum and even that is pushing the definition of a short story and is more novella length. If your story goes over that limit, you are welcome to post it independent of the anthology with a note that it was supposed to be an anthology entry, but ended up being too long. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Renee Stevens said:

25K is the maximum and even that is pushing the definition of a short story and is more novella length. If your story goes over that limit, you are welcome to post it independent of the anthology with a note that it was supposed to be an anthology entry, but ended up being too long. 

Hopefully I can find an editor who can cut it down, if it goes to that point.

Even If it goes over 20K, I'll probably change it into a long form novel. You guys will be surprised at this story. This is not something I've written before.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have mine sleeping for now, prior to a final push. My editor, an intrepid Dane who is well-known around these parts, pronounced it "weird," so I know I'm on the right track ;)

• Love 2
  • Haha 3

Yet again, I have to bail on another project. My home life, and college work is not allowing me to do more than one project. And right now, that is to finish the last story in my series.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
On 4/16/2019 at 11:35 PM, BHopper2 said:

Yet again, I have to bail on another project. My home life, and college work is not allowing me to do more than one project. 

Sorry to hear that. Maybe your idea will work for a later Anthology.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

Sorry to hear that. Maybe your idea will work for a later Anthology.

True, and I can do it as multiple chapters, instead of something that looked to be headed towards 15,000-words.

• Like 2

I've submitted mine to Valkyrie today. it should be uploaded pretty soon :)

UPDATE 05-01-19: The link to the finalized story has now been placed in the other thread for use.

Thanks to all those volunteer their time for the anthologies! 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 5