Popular Post Gary L Posted September 3 Popular Post Posted September 3 1 minute ago, Mikiesboy said: Gary, how can you say such a thing? Honestly, look at those little angelic faces. Our Ripley had an angelic face and he was the devil in disguise. haha To be honest, they have behaved superbly. Three days of solid driving (plus lots of pit stops), 1,700 km. Now the night in the nice hotel we use. Our little Peugeot is parked next to two Ferraris which roared in just after us. It feels inferior. 4 2
Mikiesboy Posted September 3 Author Posted September 3 Just now, Gary L said: To be honest, they have behaved superbly. Three days of solid driving (plus lots of pit stops), 1,700 km. Now the night in the nice hotel we use. Our little Peugeot is parked next to two Ferraris which roared in just after us. It feels inferior. It's not. It's solid and strong and those other two are just show-offs. 5
Mikiesboy Posted September 3 Author Posted September 3 Back soon.. time for the morning walk..finally. 2 3
chris191070 Posted September 3 Posted September 3 18 minutes ago, Gary L said: They look so sweet and innocent. 3 2
kbois Posted September 3 Posted September 3 29 minutes ago, Gary L said: The one in front has a look on her face that says "Get me out of this effing car. Enough already." Omg...they are deceivingly adorable! 3 2
kbois Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Ok. Very few things in this life can make me scream in fear. Spiders. Spiders can make me scream in fear. Not if I just see them hanging out somewhere outside, a respectable distance away. Not even on the ceiling inside. However, when they are the size of a small dog and you open the back door of the office and it drops down in front of your face .... Yeah. I screamed. Loudly. Birds flew away and all small creatures flee the immediate vicinity Jeezus H, I think I need a moment. 2 3
Brayon Posted September 3 Posted September 3 18 minutes ago, kbois said: Ok. Very few things in this life can make me scream in fear. Spiders. Spiders can make me scream in fear. Not if I just see them hanging out somewhere outside, a respectable distance away. Not even on the ceiling inside. However, when they are the size of a small dog and you open the back door of the office and it drops down in front of your face .... Yeah. I screamed. Loudly. Birds flew away and all small creatures flee the immediate vicinity Jeezus H, I think I need a moment. Peppermint Oil is a fantastic spider repelaint. And fire. Spider the size of a dog, yeah the house would be burning. 1 2
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 3 Author Popular Post Posted September 3 24 minutes ago, kbois said: Ok. Very few things in this life can make me scream in fear. Spiders. Spiders can make me scream in fear. Not if I just see them hanging out somewhere outside, a respectable distance away. Not even on the ceiling inside. However, when they are the size of a small dog and you open the back door of the office and it drops down in front of your face .... Yeah. I screamed. Loudly. Birds flew away and all small creatures flee the immediate vicinity Jeezus H, I think I need a moment. i think most of us would scream at that. I don't mind spiders if they are outside. I won't bother them if they stay away from me. Inside.. that's a different matter. (Things that fly or have more than 4 legs ... take note.) Michael is my go to bug killer. He doesn't cower in the corner like i do. I will step up and do it if there's no one else around though. Usually, we get a spider that takes up residence in the bathroom. I name them Harold, and when they get too big, Michael rescues them and puts them outside. They are eating something, so that's a good thing. However, jumping is a big no no and gliding down silently on silk is another. I hope you are okay... 5 1
Mikiesboy Posted September 3 Author Posted September 3 27 minutes ago, Brayon said: I didn't know that I needed to hear this today. Go, A! 2
kbois Posted September 3 Posted September 3 28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said: i think most of us would scream at that. I don't mind spiders if they are outside. I won't bother them if they stay away from me. Inside.. that's a different matter. (Things that fly or have more than 4 legs ... take note.) Michael is my go to bug killer. He doesn't cower in the corner like i do. I will step up and do it if there's no one else around though. Usually, we get a spider that takes up residence in the bathroom. I name them Harold, and when they get too big, Michael rescues them and puts them outside. They are eating something, so that's a good thing. However, jumping is a big no no and gliding down silently on silk is another. I hope you are okay... I have had the heebie newbies ever since. Also, I have long hair and I'm wearing short sleeves today. IYKYK 4
Popular Post CassieQ Posted September 3 Popular Post Posted September 3 50 minutes ago, kbois said: I have had the heebie newbies ever since. Also, I have long hair and I'm wearing short sleeves today. IYKYK You're talking to someone who thought she saw a cellar spider on her bath towel and flung it back in the tub. It was a piece of lint. 8 1
kbois Posted September 3 Posted September 3 6 minutes ago, CassieQ said: You're talking to someone who thought she saw a cellar spider on her bath towel and flung it back in the tub. It was a piece of lint. I feel you, sister. I feel you. 2 2
Kitt Posted September 3 Posted September 3 Hubby laughs @ me. We camp. Bugs happen. Doesn't phase me. Same bugs, in my house, I declare war. The difference? Camping i am in their space. Come into my space? Game on! 2 2 1
mollyhousemouse Posted September 3 Posted September 3 3 hours ago, Brayon said: I didn't know that I needed to hear this today. i saw the same video! i thought it very cool. 3
Popular Post mollyhousemouse Posted September 3 Popular Post Posted September 3 1 hour ago, CassieQ said: You're talking to someone who thought she saw a cellar spider on her bath towel and flung it back in the tub. It was a piece of lint. We thought we had a scorpion in one of our cuddle blankets on the sofa. It was a dried up weed... 1 1 2 3
Popular Post Wayne Gray Posted September 3 Popular Post Posted September 3 3 hours ago, Mikiesboy said: i think most of us would scream at that. I don't mind spiders if they are outside. I won't bother them if they stay away from me. Inside.. that's a different matter. (Things that fly or have more than 4 legs ... take note.) Michael is my go to bug killer. He doesn't cower in the corner like i do. I will step up and do it if there's no one else around though. Usually, we get a spider that takes up residence in the bathroom. I name them Harold, and when they get too big, Michael rescues them and puts them outside. They are eating something, so that's a good thing. However, jumping is a big no no and gliding down silently on silk is another. I hope you are okay... We have a spider that lives in the bathroom window. She is a big, healthy girl. I know this because she's had numerous little suitors try to woo her. She must be hard to get, because she made meals out of all of those unlucky hopefuls. And like tim's, she must be eating well, even outside of casual cannibalism. And since she isn't crawling anywhere, she can stay. Any spider that does try crawling around quickly finds out we have two house panthers. Both happen to enjoy little protein snacks that provide a bit of entertainment before they eat them. 🕸️ 1 2 3
kbois Posted September 3 Posted September 3 53 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said: We thought we had a scorpion in one of our cuddle blankets on the sofa. It was a dried up weed... No. Non. Nope. Nada. Nyet. Uh-uh. 5
Popular Post Brayon Posted September 4 Popular Post Posted September 4 1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said: two house panthers LOL! Love it. Years ago I watched a show on Discovery called Tiger of the Tiles, and showed the evolutionary roots of house cats and how they related to the big cats. When I had roommates, we had a few Little Tigers running around. 6
Site Moderator Popular Post Reader1810 Posted September 4 Site Moderator Popular Post Posted September 4 12 hours ago, Mikiesboy said: The sky turned orange afterwards, like it was when we had the bad wildfire smoke. But luckily the giant fans we have in place to blow it down to the U.S. worked quickly. I’ve only seen a green sky one time. It was some time in the late 70s or early 80. This was in Barrie, but not the year they had the tornado. It was bright green, and was quite something to see. I only got some wind and rain and was quite shocked by all the damage Toronto endured. Glad you and Mike weren’t in the thick of it. 2 4
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 4 Author Popular Post Posted September 4 8 hours ago, Reader1810 said: I’ve only seen a green sky one time. It was some time in the late 70s or early 80. This was in Barrie, but not the year they had the tornado. It was bright green, and was quite something to see. I only got some wind and rain and was quite shocked by all the damage Toronto endured. Glad you and Mike weren’t in the thick of it. Yeah parts of TO got beaten up, there wasn't much wind where we are. We had a long thunderstorm and all of that but not the damage and power outages like they did farther west. Glad you're unscathed too! 2 5
Popular Post Mikiesboy Posted September 4 Author Popular Post Posted September 4 Happy Friday. Only up 5 minutes and ready to go back to bed. But i have some things to do and people to see today. I'll be back later on. Hope you all have a good day. “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” —Mark Twain (1835-1910) [Samuel Clemens] humorist, essayist, novelist 7
Popular Post Wayne Gray Posted September 5 Popular Post Posted September 5 Just back from the bar. I'm a little drunk. A little happy. A little amused. Overall, not a bad start to a three-day weekend here in the US. Happy Friday, all. 4 4
Popular Post chris191070 Posted September 5 Popular Post Posted September 5 8 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said: Just back from the bar. I'm a little drunk. A little happy. A little amused. Overall, not a bad start to a three-day weekend here in the US. Happy Friday, all. It's Saturday here. Good to you had a good start to your 3 day weekend. Have a great weekend. 1 7
Popular Post kbois Posted September 5 Popular Post Posted September 5 6 hours ago, Wayne Gray said: Just back from the bar. I'm a little drunk. A little happy. A little amused. Overall, not a bad start to a three-day weekend here in the US. Happy Friday, all. Try not to pickle yourself. Then again, drunk Wayne is pretty damn amusing. Enjoy your weekend! 3 3
Recommended Posts