What is your personality type?

YOUR TYPE

I S T J

Strength of the preferences %

11 1 25 67 (the numbers are changing all the time :rolleyes:)

guardian_inspector.jpg

Queen Elizabeth II, Harry S. Truman, Warren Buffet, Queen Victoria, James K. Polk, and J.D. Rockefeller are examples of Inspector Guardians. Thomas (Christ's disciple), U.S. Presidents: George Washington, Andrew Johnson, Benjamin Harrison, Herbert Hoover, George H. W. Bush, Paul Coverdale (U.S. Senator, R-GA), Jackie Joyner-Kersee (U.S. Olympic athlete), Evander Holyfield, heavyweight boxing champion

As for jobs, it looks like I chose right after all...

Sometimes I get the INTJ (after all, the S here has 1 %...)

Edited by paya

I've taken it before.

ENTP.

I've taken it before too. I'm an ENFP. That means I'm nicer than you.tongue.gif

It can actually change, especially if you've shifted roles, workplaces, etc. When I was working in a molecular biology lab, I was a solid INTJ.

When I worked as a counselor for several years, I was an ISTJ.

Now, as a grad student for the past bazillion years,... INFJ. I can't tell you how surprised I am about that F.

It can actually change, especially if you've shifted roles, workplaces, etc. When I was working in a molecular biology lab, I was a solid INTJ.

When I worked as a counselor for several years, I was an ISTJ.

Now, as a grad student for the past bazillion years,... INFJ. I can't tell you how surprised I am about that F.

I actually was an ENTP in my younger days. That aspect of Myers-Briggs, about how you make decisions, has changed as I've gotten older to include the intuitive as well as factual inputs. I don't know that it's made my decisions any better though.

• Site Administrator

Your Type is

ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

67 25 62 67

The Inspector: The one word that best describes Inspectors is superdependable. Whether at home or at work, Inspectors are extraordinarily persevering and dutiful, particularly when it comes to keeping an eye on the people and products they are responsible for. In their quiet way, Inspectors see to it that rules are followed, laws are respected, and standards are upheld.

Edited by Cia

I've found the Myers-Briggs somewhat useful in understanding myself. But I do worry that its inherently reductionistic nature distorts more than it clarifies. And beyond that, people seem to use it like they use horoscopes. You know, "I'm a Libra; therefore..."

We love to categorize and pigeonhole. It's understandable; the world out there is chaotic and if we can get for ourselves a simple handle on things, an assist in understanding easily, we grab onto it. And that's well and good, up to a point; categorizing is a valuable tool in helping us understand.

The problem is that life and people aren't simple. Even trying to generalize about the array of characteristics supposedly assessed by the Myers-Briggs can cause you to become more zealous for the label than the realities it seeks to illuminate, and that in turn can cause a person to overlook realities in his/her own character that don't conform to the template. This is especially problematic because the Myers-Briggs commentaries often spend a good deal of time saying things like "ENFJs are characterized by...". I have a concern that once an inventory tells a person what he/she is, that person will then decide he/she is just the way the commentaries describe. That's troublesome to me.

I'm an ENFJ

How interesting, I took this test awhile ago but didn't get "slightly expressed judging". ENF Has always remained the same, though : ). I find it pretty interesting how a lot of people are "I's."

I got:

Your Type is

ISFJ

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

100 1 25 44

My feelings after taking this test: my answers now seem to be very different from what they would have been 5 years ago. I was acutely aware, while entering my answers, that some of them were inconsistent. Also aware that I am more emotionally in tune with my environment than I previously was.

It only confirms how confused I am. Working on it though wacko.gif.

Edited by Blue Phoenix

I'm an ENFJ

How interesting, I took this test awhile ago but didn't get "slightly expressed judging". ENF Has always remained the same, though : ). I find it pretty interesting how a lot of people are "I's."

As i said, it's because a lot of I's might be attracted to a forum and find it more useful than say a social networking site like facebook.

I've found the Myers-Briggs somewhat useful in understanding myself. But I do worry that its inherently reductionistic nature distorts more than it clarifies. And beyond that, people seem to use it like they use horoscopes. You know, "I'm a Libra; therefore..."

We love to categorize and pigeonhole. It's understandable; the world out there is chaotic and if we can get for ourselves a simple handle on things, an assist in understanding easily, we grab onto it. And that's well and good, up to a point; categorizing is a valuable tool in helping us understand.

The problem is that life and people aren't simple. Even trying to generalize about the array of characteristics supposedly assessed by the Myers-Briggs can cause you to become more zealous for the label than the realities it seeks to illuminate, and that in turn can cause a person to overlook realities in his/her own character that don't conform to the template. This is especially problematic because the Myers-Briggs commentaries often spend a good deal of time saying things like "ENFJs are characterized by...". I have a concern that once an inventory tells a person what he/she is, that person will then decide he/she is just the way the commentaries describe. That's troublesome to me.

Self-fulfilling prophecies and some Barnum effect, yes. I give the MBTi credit for at least saying these characteristics lie upon a continuum, instead of you're either this OR that.

I'll stop, b/c I'm just finishing up teaching a class on personality theories. I have a bit too much to say. But I like the person-interactionist theories best. Trait and factor theories are too... easy and simplistic.

The references to childhood and the style of writing are kind of too close to home.

Your Type is

INFP IntrovertedIntuitiveFeelingPerceivingStrength of the preferences % 56508833

You are:

• moderately expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • very expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality

Princess Diana, Richard Gere, Audrey Hephurn, Albert Schweiter, George Orwell, Karen Armstrong, Aldous Huxley, Mia Farrow, and Isabel Meyers are examples of a Healer Idealists.

Me too....but gemerally more strongly expressed.

78 75 50 33 -- which means very expressed introvert, distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality, moderately expressed perceiving personality

Interesting though...I've done this a few times over the years and apparently I am getting less introverted...I used to be like 98%. Seriously.

ISFJ Strength of preferences %

Introverted 56

Sensing 1

Feeling 50

Judging 22

moderately expressed introvert

<LI>slightly expressed sensing personality

<LI>moderately expressed feeling personality

<LI>slightly expressed judging personality

• Like 1

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

67 38 1 44

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

• distinctively expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • slightly expressed thinking personality
  • moderately expressed judging personality

No wonder I keep flip-flopping between science and social work. I can't decide whether to be touchy-feely or rational. At least it's consistent. I've been flipping between INTJ and INFJ since high school.

Edited by solitario
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ESFPExtravertedSensingFeelingPerceiving Strength of the preferences % 56256233

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

• moderately expressed extravert
  • moderately expressed sensing personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • moderately expressed perceiving personality

I'm not quite sure what I think about this...

Artisan_performer.jpgPerformers have the special ability, even among the Artisans, to delight those around them with their warmth, their good humor, and with their often extraordinary skills in music, comedy, and drama. Whether on the job, with friends, or with their families, Performers are exciting and full of fun, and their great social interest lies in stimulating those around them to take a break from work and worry, to lighten up and enjoy life.

Performers are plentiful, something over ten percent of the population, and this is fortunate, because they bring pleasure to so many of us. Performers are the people for whom it can truly be said "all the world's a stage." Born entertainers, they love the excitement of playing to an audience, and will quickly become the center of attention wherever they are. Performers aren't comfortable being alone, and seek the company of others whenever possible-which they usually find, for they make wonderful playmates. Performers are smooth, talkative, and witty; they always seem to know the latest jokes and stories, and are quick with wisecracks and wordplay-nothing is so serious or sacred that it can't be made fun of. Performers also like to live in the fast lane, and seem up on the latest fashions of dress, food, drink, and music. Lively and uninhibited, Performers are the life of the party, always trying to create in those around them a mood of eat, drink, and be merry.

The Performers' talent for enjoying life is healthy for the most part, though it also makes them more subject to temptations than the other types. Pleasure seems to be an end in itself for them, and variety is the spice of life. And so Performers are open to trying almost anything that promises them a good time, not always giving enough thought to the consequences.

Like the other Artisans, Performers are incurably optimistic - "Always look on the bright side," is their motto - and they will avoid worries and troubles by ignoring them as long as possible. They are also the most generous of all the types, and second only to the Composer Artisans [iSFPs] in kindness. Performers haven't a mean or stingy bone in their body-what's theirs is yours-and they seem to have little idea of saving or conserving. They give what they have to one and all without expectation of reward, just as they love freely, and without expecting anything in return. In so many ways, Performers view life as an eternal cornucopia from which flows an endless supply of pleasures.

Elizabeth Taylor, John Goodman, Marylin Monroe, Judy Garland, Magic Johnson, Pablo Picasso, Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan, Elvis, and Leonard Bernstein are examples of Performer Artisans.

I'm not really good with the rapid-fire wit, but I'd say this comes pretty close to describing how I view my own personality.

INTJ

Introverted 78%Intuitive 12%Thinking 50%Judging 11%

You are:

• very expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed intuitive personality
  • moderately expressed thinking personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality

Edited by Bumblebee

Your Type is

INTJIntrovertedIntuitiveThinkingJudging Strength of the preferences % 100126267

You are:

• very expressed introvert
  • slightly expressed intuitive personality
  • distinctively expressed thinking personality
  • distinctively expressed judging personality

Your type is: ENTP (Rational Inventor)

Extraverted 33%

Intuitive 12%

Thinking 12%

Perceiving 56%

Famous peeps: James Cameron, Leonardo Da Vinci, Walt Disney, Thomas Edison, Abraham Lincoln

Rather pleased about having the same personality as these guys XD Apparently we account for 2%-5% of the population.

Edited by Menorain
  • 4 weeks later...