Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

2011 Readers Choice Awards

• Site Administrator

Not sure if everyone saw or not but there is an announcement of the upcoming 2011 Reader's Choice Awards coming out soon.

If past years are any indication, I do believe are beloved author C James is eligible again this year for the award of the King of Evil Cliffhangers :king: . Sadly, he cannot win 3 years in a row so he will have to take a year's break after this one if and when he is successful again.

I'm not a betting man, but I'm willing to bet the farm that CJ has approached many people already about his behind the scenes attempt to have are precious Cia to become the first queen. If you did receive a PM, don't feel so special as he is as transparent as a goat. If you haven't received a PM, don't worry, it is coming.

I would like everyone who reads this to help out a bit before the actual voting begins. Please just copy and paste the following line into a message:

:king: :king: C James King of The Evil Cliffhanger :king: :king:

If enough people participate in this exercise, a simple google search by anyone in the world on who is the King of Evil Cliffhangers will return the first result as C James :D

Are we not all helpful? 0:)

Feel free to post, but I would ask you limit your posts to include the above noted quotation to once a day. We don't want the goat accusing us of spamming :o .

Thank you all for your assistance in helping get CJ back upon the throne he so rightfully deserves :bow:

Not sure if everyone saw or not but there is an announcement of the upcoming 2011 Reader's Choice Awards coming out soon.

If past years are any indication, I do believe are beloved author C James is eligible again this year for the award of the King of Evil Cliffhangers Posted Image . Sadly, he cannot win 3 years in a row so he will have to take a year's break after this one if and when he is successful again.

I'm not a betting man, but I'm willing to bet the farm that CJ has approached many people already about his behind the scenes attempt to have are precious Cia to become the first queen. If you did receive a PM, don't feel so special as he is as transparent as a goat. If you haven't received a PM, don't worry, it is coming.

I would like everyone who reads this to help out a bit before the actual voting begins. Please just copy and paste the following line into a message:

Posted Image Posted Image C James King of The Evil Cliffhanger Posted Image Posted Image

If enough people participate in this exercise, a simple google search by anyone in the world on who is the King of Evil Cliffhangers will return the first result as C James Posted Image

Are we not all helpful? Posted Image

Feel free to post, but I would ask you limit your posts to include the above noted quotation to once a day. We don't want the goat accusing us of spamming Posted Image .

Thank you all for your assistance in helping get CJ back upon the throne he so rightfully deserves :bow:

Just thought I would quote my original post so hopefully CJ can't go in and alter any of the original wording to appease his campaign against Cia :)

AAAAAACCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Wildone...

You've accused me of a behind the scenes campaign to help Cia win the award... I'm shocked, appalled, and flummoxed by this grievous libel!!! Posted Image

It is not fair, it is not right, and my good name must be cleared! Posted Image

Also, you imply that I am eligible this year... I'm not! Not only for the obvious reason (that Circumnavigation is entirely cliffhanger-free) but due to being subject to past wins... no one may win any award for three years in a row, and I won in 2007, 2008, and 2010, and am thus ineligible this year.

Wildone... I am shocked, appalled, and absolutely stunned that you would do that, and at Christmas, no less? Have you no shame? Have you no sense of the Christmas spirit? How could you do this at Christmas... I can't imagine anything less Christmasy... Oh, the horror... oh, the humanity! Posted Image

Will no one defend me, and help me clear my good name?

HElp???

• Site Administrator

Goat, you lie :o

I must point out the obvious, cause I'm always helpful that way :)

You said:

but due to being subject to past wins... no one may win any award for three years in a row, and I won in 2007, 2008, and 2010, and am thus ineligible this year.

Now it will be interesting to see if you can explain this away with "Australian Maths" but it appears 2007 and 2008 are two years in a row which made you ineligible for year 3 which was 2009. So, Mark Arbour in his kindness agreed to stow away the crown for you until the next year. Which, coincidentally, you won in 2010, which means you are eligible for 2011. I'm sure we can find someone to take care of it for you the following year as well :)

So, don't forget:

BTW, you'd be interested in how many people have already PM'd me that they too have received some heavy lobbying from you to make Cia the Queen.

Goat, you lie Posted Image

I must point out the obvious, cause I'm always helpful that way Posted Image

You said:

Now it will be interesting to see if you can explain this away with "Australian Maths" but it appears 2007 and 2008 are two years in a row which made you ineligible for year 3 which was 2009. So, Mark Arbour in his kindness agreed to stow away the crown for you until the next year. Which, coincidentally, you won in 2010, which means you are eligible for 2011. I'm sure we can find someone to take care of it for you the following year as well Posted Image

Ahh, methinks you need a dictionary.

row

1 Posted Image /roʊ/ Posted Image Show Spelled[roh]

noun

a number of persons or things arranged in a line, especially a straight line: a row of apple trees.

a line of persons or things so arranged: The petitioners waited in a row.

a line of adjacent seats facing the same way, as in a theater: seats in the third row of the balcony.

a street formed by two continuous lines of buildings.

See? A row is a line of numbers or things. So, 2008, 2009, and 2010 are indeed and unquestionably a row, and thus, I am ineligible for the cliffhanger award.

BTW, you'd be interested in how many people have already PM'd me that they too have received some heavy lobbying from you to make Cia the Queen.

Wildone!!! Don't say that... Were Cia to hear these vile and slanderous allegations, she might believe them...

Surely, you aren't serious that anyone has PM'd you with such claims? As if I'd ever do such things... Posted Image

Wait, someone else thinks Cia should be the Evil Queen/King of Cliffs too?

CJ you're my new hero - :wub: I tried last year, but no one agreed.

So - since Steve did it, how about I do it too -

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image **CIA FOR QUEEN OF CLIFFS** Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'm going to sign all my post like that from now on. Sorry CJ, isn't has as evil as Cia.

no one may win any award for three years in a row, and I won in 2007, 2008, and 2010, and am thus ineligible this year.

Ahh, methinks you need a dictionary...

...See? A row is a line of numbers or things. So, 2008, 2009, and 2010 are indeed and unquestionably a row, and thus, I am ineligible for the cliffhanger award.

Uh... Um... I'm sorry Mr. C. James, Sir, but I'm pretty sure you've done something wrong here.

But but but... I'm innocent, I tell ya, innocent!!!

It's all a conspiracy to frame me...

E Tu, Sharon?? Posted Image

DadyDaveK; don't let them mislead you; I never use cliffhangers!!

Krista... when I campaigned for you, I was only trying to be helpful . Posted Image

Turtleboy, what did I do wrong? Any string of sequential numbers is, by definition, a row. Is 23, 27, 29, a row? Yep. So, therefor, as long as the years are in numerical order, they are, by definition, in a row, and I am thus ineligible. Posted Image

Okay, everyone, just look at Wildone's first post in the thread... he actually admits to the nefarious practice of google-busting! Shameful!! Sneaky!!!

It's no coincidence that if you google "king of evil cliffhangers" from anywhere on the planet, the #1 result is Wildone. He's evil, you know.... Posted Image

• Site Moderator

For the 2010 Awards, there was four candidates: Cia, C James, Jamie de Valen, and Quonus10.

The final order was C James, Cia, Jamie de Valen, and Quonus10.

The rule states:

In the spirit of fairness and fun, an Author can only receive the Cliffhangers Award for no more than two years in a row. The third year, the author will be ineligible for nomination.

And let's not forget, the first step is nominate the candidates which will begin in January 2012.

For the 2010 Awards, there was four candidates: Cia, C James, Jamie de Valen, and Quonus10.

Wait - how did I end up in that list? :huh:

Please, like last year, the only truly deserving candidate is . . . drum roll please . . . .

Cia, Queen of Cliffs.

This year we must reverse the travesty that resulted in CJ winning an award he did NOT deserve.

Vote Cia - she's the best!!!!

<p>

The rule states:

And let's not forget, the first step is nominate the candidates which will begin in January 2012.

Who won in 2009? That seems to be the first question. My second question is can I vote for both C James AND Cia? :)

I couldn't agree more! I would add Renee Stevens to this fine cadre of women authors - all Hosted to boot! Posted Image

Well let's not flood the field, there is already a huge push underway to re-crown King CJames, if we put forth more than one candidate it will split the opposition. I say it's Cia, after all she ALMOST won last time, she came in second, time to improve on last years results, no?

Bah. Posted Image

Cia or Neph for Queen of Cliffhangers. High time a female author won it Posted Image

Well said JC, - down with King CJames, Long live Queen Cia!!!!

• Site Moderator

<p>Who won in 2009? That seems to be the first question. My second question is can I vote for both C James AND Cia? Posted Image

Mark Arbor won the Award in 2009.

When the actually voting begins, you will be allowed to vote for one candidate per category. This is usually explained when the ballot is posted in The Lounge.

Mark Arbor won the Award in 2009.

When the actually voting begins, you will be allowed to vote for one candidate per category. This is usually explained when the ballot is posted in The Lounge.

We all know that I don't use cliffhangers. Posted Image I was merely a placeholder for CJ until he was eligible again. Posted Image

We all know that I don't use cliffhangers. Posted Image I was merely a placeholder for CJ until he was eligible again. Posted Image

Come on Mark, you and CJ both deserve the cliffies :P

Sort of like Thelma and Louise (or maybe that's CJ and Cia, hmm Posted Image )

• Site Administrator

hrumph

maybe anyone who is pre-nomination shamelessly promoting another or denying elegibility should be disqualified from the nominations completely.

Nah, where is the fun it that Posted Image

So my question is; what blackmail does C J have on Andy Posted Image I'm sure if we could see into his private messenger box there may be one or two PM's from the Goat to elicite help on his no longer secret campaign to elect Cia Posted Image

Cia, I'm sure you would make a lovely Queen. Gracious, Polite, Quiet Spoken, Leading by Example, all the things CJ is not. Posted Image

Just when it comes down to spinning a cliffhanger every so often, CJ gets eveyone upset. Also, it is the only time that CJ will actually admit he uses them. The other 364 days a year he is in complete denial.

Edited by wildone
  • Site Administrator

hrumph

maybe anyone who is pre-nomination shamelessly promoting another or denying elegibility should be disqualified from the nominations completely.

Oh no, I'd take it in the opposite direction for this category... He should automatically win instead!!

*Giggles* Quonus! Stop stop stop! You're being a big billy goat supporter! Cj grew up and currently lives on the Cliffs! He writes cliffhangers! There is no one more deserving! :)

Leave us good lil females alone, we're all innocent. :DPosted Image

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..