Good News Thread

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

Kudos to a fearlees six year old Bridger Walker. The young boy put himself between an attacking German Shepherd and his four year old sister to protect her from harm. He ended up needing 90 stitches on his face and head, but the brave little boy is fine.

https://news.yahoo.com/boy-6-survives-dog-attack-154100550.html

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Kudos to a fearlees six year old Bridger Walker. The young boy put himself between an attacking German Shepherd and his four year old sister to protect her from harm. He ended up needing 90 stitches on his face and head, but the brave little boy is fine.

https://news.yahoo.com/boy-6-survives-dog-attack-154100550.html

I read that story. He is one impressive little boy. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • 3 months later...
  • Site Moderator

In case anyone missed this one, 74 year old Richard Wilbanks jumped into a pond and pried an alligators jaws open to rescue his pet dog. He didn't even lose his cigar while doing it. Man, dog, and gator are all fine.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2020/11/24/florida-man-rescues-puppy-alligator/6404500002/

• Love 3
6 hours ago, drpaladin said:

In case anyone missed this one, 74 year old Richard Wilbanks jumped into a pond and pried an alligators jaws open to rescue his pet dog. He didn't even lose his cigar while doing it. Man, dog, and gator are all fine.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2020/11/24/florida-man-rescues-puppy-alligator/6404500002/

I saw that! :D The pooch only suffered a couple punctures. Good thing is was a smallish gator. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, drpaladin said:

Nice to hear Florida Man is using his powers for good! 

floridamancoloringbook-364x470.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Headstall said:

Reading the article brought tears.

I've been following this man's story for a couple of years as it appeared in the news over time. All I can say what a faithful brother to have persevered for so long.

• Love 5
On 1/14/2022 at 12:11 PM, Ron said:

Finally, justice for a gay man that was long overdue.

Sadly, the case does not appear to be cut-and-dry as indicated in the article I posted. The defendant’s lawyers are saying that the guilty plea was the defendant’s attempt to escape his haranguing wife, thinking that he would get ten years away from her… and he was good with that.

That’s one hell of an escape attempt if it’s true but it doesn’t further the murder case, or offer surcease for the brother.

• Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/22/2022 at 9:05 PM, Ron said:

Sadly, the case does not appear to be cut-and-dry as indicated in the article I posted. The defendant’s lawyers are saying that the guilty plea was the defendant’s attempt to escape his haranguing wife, thinking that he would get ten years away from her… and he was good with that.

That’s one hell of an escape attempt if it’s true but it doesn’t further the murder case or offer surcease for the brother.

Well, the defendant made a mistake on a phone call while in jail, which was recorded as they often are, and confessed his crime to his niece. Finally, an ending.

Search for justice concludes.

Edited by Ron
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Ron said:

Well, the defendant made a mistake on a phone call while in jail, which was recorded as they often are, and confessed his crime to his niece. Finally, an ending.

Search for justice concludes.

I remember reading about this. It made me both angry and sad. Im so glad his brother was able to get justice for Scott.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I remember reading about this. It made me both angry and sad. Im so glad his brother was able to get justice for Scott.

Yeah, I originally posted (you responded) about this issue back in January of 2022. This justice has been a long time coming!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, beatmopzz said:

good news: it's raining, does that mean spring has sprung?

@beatmopzz

First - Welcome to GA and to your first post.

Second - That depends? I don't know where you live, soooo.  If you live in a rain forest, does it really matter? If you live anywhere near me (Montreal), I doubt it. We had a snow storm on Monday with 15+cm. Yesterday it was 7 above freezing and had to avoid all the puddles, while walking to the store in my running shoes. Forecast is some snow tonight. Some snow Friday evening and flurries all day Saturday. Spring? Bah, Humbug!

Take care,

sandrewn :cowboy:

• Love 1