Message added by Myr,

Carlos passed away on Jun 16, 2023:

2 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Yes! Being blind, I see in pictures, and not words. This is so important.

So, I’ve always meant to ask, cause I legitimately don’t know, how hard is it to keep up with everything on here for you?  And also, when people post emojis in responses, do you know?

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Mann constantly encourages me to 'simplify' and I find myself deleting words and phrases often during my self edits

I’m so goddamn verbose when I write.  I would need a Mann to cut half my overworded paragraph down.  My vocabulary gets way more articulate when I write as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Just now, spikey582 said:

I’m so goddamn verbose when I write.  I would need a Mann to cut half my overworded paragraph down.  My vocabulary gets way more articulate when I write as well.

hehe ..i am a good content editor ... not punctuation ...  i'd have to give you the old slash and burn treatment, eh spikey??  

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

In case I don't get a chance later, thanks to all for such a stimulating discussion. It almost sounds grown-up. A little humor, technical issues discussed, and literary styles bantered about. Eat your heart out, Oprah!

It's been good, C.  Enjoyed it.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, Carlos Hazday said:

The Sun Also Rises is my favorite work by huium.

I recently finished The Green Hills of Africa. It was good too. 

5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

these both got me stuffed in lockers :,(

i had already read much of the bard, for fun, when i was home sick and i loved Chaucer, Phil enjoyed it too. 

Ms. Willis actually told me to out my hand down and let someone else answer a question :wub:

Ugh.. that’s terrible. 

I didn’t mind Shakespeare, but Chaucer killed me. I was just happy to be past it. 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, northie said:

Couldn't agree more, Reader.  :yes: Interesting and thought provoking, only sorry I missed most of it with being at work ... 

Nothie, since I’ve been a little distracted lately, I’ve been meaning to tell you for awhile that I love what you’re doing with Never Too Late.  I haven’t left any comments, but that has been a great reading experience.  Definitely outside of the norm of a lot of GA content.  But it has so much that I think appeals to a lot of us.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 31/03/2018 at 10:29 PM, spikey582 said:

Nothie, since I’ve been a little distracted lately, I’ve been meaning to tell you for awhile that I love what you’re doing with Never Too Late.  I haven’t left any comments, but that has been a great reading experience.  Definitely outside of the norm of a lot of GA content.  But it has so much that I think appeals to a lot of us.

Forgotten this was here ... :off:Tim kindly transferred it to my own story topic where the conversation continues ... 

• Like 3

@mollyhousemouse

Decided to comment here so I wouldn't send CIA's topic spinning into off-topic land.

I love Clive Cussler. He inspired a couple of things in the CJ series.

Danno's car collection and living space echo Dirk Pitt's and the multiple cameos by a grey haired biker are my take on Cussler inserting himself into his own stories. :P

• Like 1
  • Love 4