Simple Cake Recipes Needed Please

Hi, Guys and Girls.

I am organizing my annual Macmillan Coffee morning for September, and I am looking for some different cake recipes to try out. 

I do the usual ones, sponge, carrot cake, fruit cake, chocolate cake, etc.

I am looking for some more unusual ones to give my guests something different to taste. Maybe some of our non-UK members have some suggestions from their countries? 

All I ask is can you keep it fairly simple as my team has to be able to follow the recipe easily and I pay for the ingredients myself or by donation. 

:thankyou: in advance :hug: 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

Hi, Guys and Girls.

I am organizing my annual Macmillan Coffee morning for September, and I am looking for some different cake recipes to try out. 

I do the usual ones, sponge, carrot cake, fruit cake, chocolate cake, etc.

I am looking for some more unusual ones to give my guests something different to taste. Maybe some of our non-UK members have some suggestions from their countries? 

All I ask is can you keep it fairly simple as my team has to be able to follow the recipe easily and I pay for the ingredients myself or by donation. 

:thankyou: in advance :hug: 

ever done a depression cake? its chocolate but has a surprise. i taught it to 7-10 year olds so its easy. should i dig up the recipe? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

ever done a depression cake? its chocolate but has a surprise. i taught it to 7-10 year olds so its easy. should i dig up the recipe? 

Sounds fun, yes, please :) 

• Site Moderator

There's the yogurt cake but I think it might be a bit like a sponge cake. It's the easiest cake IMO, it often made in kindergarten school and we things we all pretty much have in the kitchen.

You can add chocolate chips, dry fruits, kinda whatever please you...

The measurements are all made using the yogurt pot

1 pot of yogurt, Greek style but can be fruit yogurt.

2 pots of sugar

1 packet of vanilla sugar

3 pots of flour

Half a pot of vegetable oil (usually sunflower oil)

3 eggs

Half a packet of rising powder

Bake 30-35 minutes at 180℃

For the adults: it the cake use for Baba au rhum. Just put rhum all over the cake, it's even better if soak (easier if you cut slices)

Edited by clochette
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, comicfan said:

Caz I'm just reading this forum again. If you need recipes again, I'll give you my apple cake recipe.

New recipes are always welcome...the event has been moved to October 1st now so plenty of time

• Like 2
  • 2 years later...

Here's a recipe that I've enjoyed on a number of occasions. It's more of a breakfast cake than a "cake" cake. The story behind its origins is pretty funny. It certainly lives up to its name, because my young brother-in-law and his friends can't stay away from the stuff, lol.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2009/07/blueberry-boy-bait/

• Haha 1