Summer Vacation

23 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I'm going to Finland with my parents for a couple of weeks late July. We have a summer cabin in the woods but walking distance from the beach, so that's always lovely.

How much time will you spend raking the woods?
;–)

On 6/4/2019 at 3:12 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

Starting with a few days in Tampa to check out the Department of Defense's Warrior Games. A little research for a future story's involved.

You’re going to write a story about Golden State basketball’s defense strategies?
;–)

As usual, I will be attending Frameline43. The world’s oldest and largest (continuing) LGBTQ+ film festival. I have a Castro Pass, so I’ll be camping out in the theater for almost the entire festival. It’s extremely draining on me physically because I face a 90-120 minute commute back and forth on transit every day.

The film festival is how I celebrate Pride. There are always movies I would never have thought might interest me that have proven exciting. And there are always movies that will do the festival circuit and then disappear (although many of the less commercial ones now show up on streaming sites or YouTube).

There are lots of other events taking place during the same period in San Francisco. There are Trans March on Friday, the 28th and Dyke March on Saturday, the 29th. And on Sunday, a huge mass of people gather on Market St downtown – I’ll watch parts of it on a tape-delay broadcast over the air later that evening. The City will be packed and hotel/motel/rentals will be priced sky-high, but there will always be clueless tourists who are shocked to see LGBTQ+ people en masse.
;–)

On 6/3/2019 at 9:19 PM, wildone said:

For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere and have been waiting for the arrival of summer, now that it is here, are you taking any summer holidays and what are you doing or planning to do?

Me, I have the last week of July and the first week of August off this year. Last year I did a trek down to Ontario and back, and that was enough driving for a couple of years. I think I'm staying a bit closer to home.

The first week I'll probably take my nephews, 7,  10, 13 camping for a week to the Western slopes of the Rockies to a place called Kikomun Creek on Lake Kookanusa.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.2501852,-115.2459296,2670m/data=!3m1!1e3

Then the second week, probably head out to see some family in the Lower Mainland, before @Slytherin invades the area next summer :P

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/Vancouver,+BC/Calgary,+AB/@50.2511664,-120.8381493,693649m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x548673f143a94fb3:0xbb9196ea9b81f38b!2m2!1d-123.1207375!2d49.2827291!1m5!1m1!1s0x537170039f843fd5:0x266d3bb1b652b63a!2m2!1d-114.0708459!2d51.0486151!3e0

So, show me where you're going, what you doing and who knows, maybe next year I might find somewhere else to go to :) Since my invite to visit the mountain people of 'tucky to run moonshine with @Krista has been revoked :(

Steven if you'd behave yourself maybe I would grace you with my presence, but you have shown that you can be a bit of a heathen. :D 

As for my plans, we're doing a lot of work around the home, as you know. The kids are in a bit of a weird age where the oldest is old enough to do a lot of things and I wouldn't have a minor heart attack watching them do it.. and the twins are not. Since I don't want to have a heart attack, probably just the usual camping, hanging out with family, might take a family trip that is more kid friendly and such. :) Other than that everything is up in the air. 

• Like 5
17 hours ago, droughtquake said:

I miss Zombie too. But I miss seeing you around. I guess we’re not reading the same stories these days…

I don’t read much at the moment :unsure2: mostly fanfiction when I do

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In July we will have a large family get together for my grandson's first birthday at my daughter's house  and a couple weeks later we are vacationing in Branson and taking in some of the entertainment there.  My granddaughter is finally getting her permit so she can get driving experience and I expect I shall have a role there too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • 4 weeks later...

Being with Dennis kids and our foster kids, I'm the stay at home spouse for the summer. First time in about 8 years I can enjoy myself and being a stay at home spouse is fun. Weekend since Dennis doesn't work, we go boating. Going to the Florida Railroad Museum in Parrish, Adventure Island, Busch Gardens and in August, we are going to Pennsylvania to visit Steamtown, Altoona (the Horseshoe Curve) and Dutch Wonderland, then to New England to go to Lake Compouce (America's Oldest Amusement Park), Valley Railroad, antiquing, Six Flags, and hiking...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • 10 months later...

It almost depresses me to look back on my response a year ago and compare it to this year.

Before this all happened, we had planned to go to LA for Labor Day weekend to attend Masterbeat. We had a house for the week of Pines Party in Fire Island, but both got cancelled. We figured (back in March) that by September this would all be over and it would be a good time to travel. We planned on going to San Francisco for Folsom, but that too got cancelled. At this point, since we can both work from home, we'll probably keep staying for a good chunk of the summer up here in the country where there is plenty of open space and few people. I don't wanna be holed up in a small apartment in the city through a sweltering summer. 

Edited by TetRefine
  • Love 2