Jump to content
    Dodger
  • Author
  • 5,311 Words
  • 5,775 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Contains mature content

The Cockney Canuck - 45. Chapter 45 Date Night Part 2

We sat holding hands and staring out at the vast expanse of water that they called Lake Ontario. It was dark and foreboding and the only lights were from the small lighthouse at the end of the harbour wall, which jutted out a few hundred yards into the water. We parted hands only briefly whenever somebody walked passed, but those interruptions were becoming more sporadic, as the time edged closer to eleven o’clock. It wasn’t quite paradise, for a start, it wasn’t nearly warm enough, but it was pretty close in my book.

“Aren’t you cold?” I asked. He wasn’t wearing a jacket and I could feel him shiver every so often as we rubbed shoulders, but he shook his head. “You can wear my jacket if you want.”

“It’s sweet of you to offer,” he said, “but you don’t have to treat me like a girl, I’m not your girlfriend?” He smiled to let me know he wasn’t angry, but he was obviously making a point and I backed off. “Sorry, but I don’t wanna be the girl in this relationship. I mean, I know that I can be a little feminine at times, but I’m a boy and I’m just as tough as you are.”

“Point taken,” I said, “but I’m still bigger than you.”

“That remains to be seen,” he said and smiled seductively, as he stood up in front of me.

“You’re such a tease.”

“And you have a filthy mind.”

“No, I’m just a teenager with a normal healthy libido.”

“Only kidding dude, I have one too you know.”

“That’s why I’m here Nathan,” I said, “Fran didn’t.” I winced and laughed, as he slapped me playfully around the arm.

“You mean to say that you’re only going out with me for my dick?” I thought about what he had said for a moment.

“No,” I said, “I’m sure that you have a nice ass too,” and he went to slap me again but this time I managed to grab his wrist and then his other one as I stood up to face him. I held his hands down by his sides, but he didn’t try to put up a fight and allowed me to move closer than I would ever have dared before in public.

“What else?"

“You’re also better looking than Fran,” I said, “but in a very masculine, boyish kind of way.” He rolled his eyes at me, knowing that I was bullshitting him. He was about as pretty as any fifteen-year-old boy could ever be and probably just a lick of mascara away from being crowned Miss Canada. “You’re also smart and funny, with a super hot body and the cutest little dimples that I’ve ever seen.”

“Oh well, that’s okay then….” I had a quick look over my shoulder, to make sure that the coast was clear, before covering his sweet lips with mine and pulling him close. He surrendered straight away and the moment that I let go of his wrists, his arms were snaking around my back. His hand grabbed at my hair and he moaned loudly as his hungry mouth tore into mine, sucking on my tongue, chin, nose and then onto my neck before playfully nibbling on my earlobe. This was a Nathan that I hadn’t expected to find that night, a boy so hot and horny and ravaging me in public as if his life depended on it. He was gyrating and rubbing himself up against me and I could clearly feel his hardness through our layers of clothing as I gasped for air and then pulled away.

“Shit…wow, where did that come from?” I said as I pushed my hand down the front of my pants to rearrange myself. “You nearly made me…you know.”

He blushed and dropped his eyes but didn’t bother to try and hide his erection, which was bulging the front of his jeans and I didn’t bother to hide my interest as I stared down at it.

“Sorry, I guess I got a little worked up,” he said as he looked up from the top of his eyes.

“I guess you did,” I said smiling and reaching out for his hand. “My offer still stands you know, if you want.”

“No, not here, you’re crazy.”

“We can go somewhere else if you want, like the back of the band shell, where we can’t be seen,” I said, but I knew that I was being hopeful and wasn’t surprised to see him turn me down with wide eyes and an impish grin.

“You’re so cute,” he said, “but I’m not going to jerk you off behind the band shell.”

“Then I’ll do you,” I said, “I know that you want it.” He gave me a stern look accompanied by an even sterner slap on the arm.

“Are you always this randy?”

“Always.”

“You need to cool off and I know how to do it.” He pointed down to my feet. “Take off your shoes and socks.”

‘Oh man, he doesn’t know me, please don’t do this’.

I watched drooling as he sat down on the wall next to me, pulled off his shoes and socks and rolled up the bottom of his jeans. “Hurry up,” he said.

“I’m not going in the water.”

“Yes you are,” he said, “but just your feet, come on, it’s fun and it’ll help get rid of that!” He pointed down towards my own excited and clearly visible manhood with some satisfaction. It was way beyond my control at that point and I had giving up attempting to hide it from him. Any inhibitions that we might have had between us at the beginning of the evening, were fast disappearing, as we relaxed and reached a new comfort level. I didn’t even mind him seeing my feet anymore; a part of me that I usually kept concealed and buoyed by his contagious enthusiasm, I followed him barefoot to the water’s edge. It was colder, I think than either of us had expected and we lasted only a couple of minutes in the shallow surf, before running back to the dry sand, where we sat shivering and laughing. He was right about one thing though and my chances of making it home by public transport, without my lower regions attracting unwanted attention, had improved significantly.

“Was this really you’re first date with a guy?”

“Yes,” I said confidently, “the first proper date and you’re the only genuine gay person that I’ve known.”

“But what about your friend in England, wasn’t he…?”

“Tom, no he wasn’t, or at least that’s what he always told me.”

“I see,” he said as he brought his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. I turned to watch him as he stared out towards the lake, deep in thought. “Do you mind if I ask you a really personal question?”

“Yes,” I said.

“Oh,” he said, unsure of what to make of my response.

“Yes, we did fool around,” I said, “Tom and me. That was the question that you were going to ask me wasn’t it?”

“Err yeah, I suppose.”

“Does it bother you?”

“No,” he said, “why should it?” I was expecting a little more than that, but it was enough. He didn’t ask me for any more details and I didn’t offer him any either.

“I have a personal question for you too,” I said, “if that’s okay.”

“No."

“What?”

“No,” he repeated, “I’ve never fooled around with anyone before, if that was the question you were gonna ask me.”

“No, it wasn’t and it’s none of my business anyway. Although I did wonder at one point if maybe you and…oh it doesn’t matter, forget it.”

“Me and who?”

“You and Daniel,” I said, timidly looking down into the sand.

“Oh my God, everyone thinks that, even you.”

“It’s only because the two of you are so close, that’s all.”

“Yeah, I get it,” he said, “we are very close, even we don’t see each other that much anymore. And I totally had a crush on him for years.” I turned to face him with a smile and he looked away blushing. “Don’t you dare repeat that to anyone, okay. That’s my deepest secret and something that I’ve always denied.”

I giggled as he gave me a gentle shove. “I won’t say anything, I promise. And I can understand why you like him, he’s kinda cute in his own little way.”

“Oh no, not you as well.”

“No, of course not. I don’t fancy Daniel; he’s supposed to be my brother for fucks sake, that would be weird. What do you think I am?”

“A teenager with a normal healthy libido,” he said and laughed. “And don’t try to tell me that you haven’t had a few sneaky looks at him when he gets undressed.”

“Well…once or twice.”

“Yeah, right. How about every day?” he said and laughed. “I know that clothes don’t stay on Daniel for very long and you share a room with the guy, that must be hard.”

“At first it was very hard, you know.”

“I bet it was.”

“Yeah, but now I’m getting over it and he’s becoming more of a brother to me. Besides I have somebody else to drool over now; somebody even sexier and somebody who I may actually have a chance with one day.” I studied him as he played with handfuls of sand allowing it to slip through his fingers onto his feet.

“You never know."

“Yeah, Rory!” I said and then I prepared myself for the impending onslaught as he threw a handful of sand at me and then pushed me onto my back while I laughed loudly.

“You’re really gonna get it in a minute,” he said looming over me with a teasing grin and I made no attempt to get up.

“Sounds good, I can’t wait.”

“There’s nothing that I can do to you that you won’t get some kind of sexual pleasure from, is there?” he said.

I took a few seconds to think about it, before sitting up and brushing some of the sand from my hair. “Err no.”

He looked me in the eyes and I locked in on them for a few seconds before he looked away and took a deep breath. “Okay,” he said, “so what was the personal question that you were gonna ask me.”

“Oh I just wanted to know why you decided to come out.”

“Well I guess I’ve always been a bit feminine and even when I was really young, I was always teased about it. Most of the kids at school thought that I was gay anyway, so last year, I just decided not to deny it anymore. At first I had a bit of a hard time and I lost a lot of friends but the ones that I cared about, never treated me any different.”

“You’re much braver than me. I wouldn’t have been able to do that.”

“You find out who your real friends are,” he said. “Telling Daniel was the most difficult thing that I’ve ever had to do, even worse than my parents. But of course, he knew anyway and was just waiting for me to say something. I think my rainbow wristbands gave me away.”

“You think. But you two stayed friends?”

“Yep, he was always my best friend and I used to stay over at his house a lot. Especially in the summer because he had a pool and a lot of cool games and stuff. When I realised that I liked looking at boys, things became difficult for me. We were always getting changed in front of each other and we showered together in school and it was no big deal. Then all of a sudden, I’m like finding myself looking at him more and more in a different kind of way, you know,”

I smiled knowing exactly what he was saying; I had been through the same thing with Tom.

“Telling him was difficult, because I was scared that he might think that I had been perving on him all those times when I stayed over and stuff. Which of course I had been.”

“Of course.”

“When I finally told him, he said that he had known for years and that it didn’t matter as long as I didn’t hit on him, which I never did. Daniel has been almost like a brother to me. He stood up for me, even against some of his other friends and I can honestly say that I don’t think that it has ever bothered him that I was gay.”

I knew that and had witnessed it first hand, when I arrived. “But you stopped hanging around together?”

“I was finding it difficult staying over, because it started to get kind of awkward. I mean, I knew that his dad was scared that I would turn Daniel gay, or rape him, or something and he didn’t approve. Then I found out that some of the kids at his school were calling him a fag and shit like that, because they found out that he had stayed over at my place. It was innocent though, we were just friends having fun like we had always done. There was nothing sexual in it I swear, but because I was gay, well you know what kids are like eh?”

I agreed with him and it was exactly as I had thought. Nathan was a nice guy and he would be the best friend that anyone could ever have. It was sad that he had felt the need to stay away, in order to protect Daniel from other people’s prejudices.

“You should come around more often.”

“Don’t worry, I plan to.

“Not just to see me, but Daniel. I really hope that you two can stay friends…after he finds out….”

“About us, you mean?”

“Yeah, about us,” and I put my arm around him as he leaned into me and rested his head on my shoulder. “He really loves you…as a friend, you know. And he’s definitely got your back, I can vouch for that.”

“Yeah, I love him too.”

“I have one more question,” I said, “and it’s a biggie. How did you tell your parents?”

“Oh, that was easy. One night, the whole family went out for dinner at this cool steak place. I gathered up all my courage and told them that I had a big announcement to make. I was scared as hell and made a big fuss about it, but when I told them, my parents just looked at each other and my mom started laughing. Then my dad pulled out his wallet and handed her fifty dollars.”

“Ha, you’re kidding. They had a bet on it.”

“Yeah fifty bucks, but that’s not all. My sister then put her hand out and he had to pay her as well.”

I let go and sat up on my knees to face him in the sand. “Nathan that is so funny.”

“Then the waitress held her hand out too and my dad.”

“Shut up.” I pushed him over, “now you’re taking the piss.”

“Yeah, maybe, but she was listening and at the end of the night the manager came over with a special cake for me. It was really cool, like some kind of coming out cake.”

“Really, they do that over here?”

“No,” he said, “of course not, you dork. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing, they were just being nice. Anyway, my mom got all choked up and started to cry, which made me cry and then my sister started crying and even my dad shed a tear.”

“Well he just lost a hundred bucks.”

“Yeah, but it was all very emotional; even the manager was crying in the end and he never even met me before.”

“That’s one of the funniest stories that I’ve ever heard.”

“I know, it was crazy. Anyway they’ve been really protective of me ever since, which is why they don’t like me going out a lot, which is boring.”

“Except tonight.”

“I had to tell them that I was going out tonight with Ginny,” he said. “I hate having to lie to them, but they wouldn’t have liked it, if they knew I was with a strange boy. They probably guessed that something was up though, by the goofy way that I’ve been acting the last couple of days.” I thought that it was cool to hear him say that he had been acting goofy. “My life is pretty boring really.”

“But you’re not boring. You’re anything but boring. You’re the funniest person that I’ve ever met; you should be on TV or something.”

“Thanks,” he said, as he began brushing off some of the sand from his still wet feet. “Yuk, now I have to go home with sand between my toes.”

I did the same and struggled to pull on dry socks over wet feet. I helped him up and we walked along the beach to the harbour, where we passed the restaurant that I had gone to with Fran and made our way to the main street that led to the Downtown area and the mall. It started to get a little busier as our journey led us past a couple of Cobourg’s drab looking bars, but it was mostly middle-aged people on their way home and nobody seemed to pay much attention to us. It was just as well, I suppose, because we spent the majority of the walk laughing and giggling at each other, for no particular reason. Nathan seemed to have a permanent guilty smile across his face and I think that I did too, as we bumped shoulders and playfully pushed one another along the road. Every little touch or contact with him was a bonus for me and every time our eyes met and we laughed, it sent me into another spin, as I bounced along the road, happier than I had ever been before.

I may have been high on the drug of love or simply blinded by the intensity of that night and everything that had happened, but I was beginning to feel a lot more relaxed about us than I had been earlier. The first date jitters that had caused me to make such a fool of myself in the mall, had disappeared, replaced by a new found confidence and zest that felt surprisingly comfortable. His coming out story had had a big impact on me and it seemed to sum him up perfectly. He had the ability to make everything that he did look easy, even something that the majority of gay teenagers in this world would find difficult and unsettling. It obviously helped, having understanding parents, but underneath that boisterous exterior was a very mature and self-confident young man. He knew exactly who he was and where he was going and was truly happy and comfortable in his own skin. There was no doubt, of course, that Nathan had been dealt a winning hand in life, it was undeniable. He was gorgeous to look at, healthy, smart, had a wonderful personality, and a loving, supportive, and as far as I could tell, reasonably well off family. Who could ever wish for more, or a better start in life.

As we approached the bus stop by the cinema complex, it was his turn again to be recognized, this time by a group of older girls, who crossed the road to say hello to him and ask him where he had been. I didn’t recognize any of them from school and he told me afterwards that they were friends of his older sister Karen, who I had never met. Nathan gave nothing away of course and told them that we had just been at a friend’s house, but I still got some interesting looks and a few intrusive questions, as they tried to discover who I was and more importantly why I was with him. If it had happened a few hours earlier, then it would probably have had me sweating buckets and running for cover, but despite the obvious dangers, I found it strangely enjoyable. It was almost as if I wanted them to know about us and in a way I did, I was sure of it.

As scary as it was, I wanted people to know that we were a couple, even if only to confirm it to myself. Maybe not Don, Sue, Daniel or people that I knew, but as far as random strangers in the street were concerned, I wanted to show him off and for everyone to see how extraordinarily lucky I was, to have someone so wonderful. I was living my dream and I didn’t want to have to hide it from anyone. Like a beautiful and precious piece of jewellery, he needed to be worn and he looked so good on my arm that it was almost criminal to have to hide him away.

There were three separate bus stops opposite the mall and our respective routes used the first and last ones, so we decided to stand in the middle, so that we could wait together. There was a couple already there when we arrived, they looked as if they were in their late twenties and were sitting down holding hands and sharing the occasional kiss. I had never seen them before and they certainly didn’t seem to be all that interested in us. I doubt if they had even so much as given us a second glance until I reached for Nathan’s hand and pulled him over to kiss him quickly on the lips. It got their attention and Nathan looked a little startled by my sudden and very open show of affection.

He pulled away and glanced over his shoulder towards the couple, who were now staring at us. “I can’t believe that you just did that,” he said with an embarrassed smile.

“Why, are you worried?”

“I’m more concerned for you,” he said.

“Well I’m not,” I said, as I moved in to kiss him again. This time, he stood back and pushed me gently away.

“No, not here,” he said firmly. “If you really want to come out, then don’t do it this way. You’ll regret it, believe me.”

I stood back to create some clear space between us as two men approached the bus stop and began studying the printed timetable. They were loud and looked as if they had been drinking. I knew that Nathan was right, but it was unfair. Not just for me, but for him too. I had a feeling that even if I were out to everyone, then we still wouldn’t be able to ever kiss in public for fear of what people might want to do to us. I didn’t blame him, but I thought that his reaction was as much for his own safety, as it was for mine.

“I’m sorry, Robbie,” he said quietly, “I want to kiss you, but not here where people can see us. You’re still fairly new around here and you don’t understand what people are like in this town, we need to be careful. Do you really want Don and Sue to find out about you from someone they know, who happened to see you kissing a boy at the bus stop?”

I laughed and shook my head. “It can’t be that bad, I don’t even know any of these people.”

“Maybe someone here knows you though. Look I know how you feel, but it’s better to be safe,” he said. “Because once your secret’s out, then there’s no going back. You do realise that, don’t you? You can only come out the once.”

I let my head drop and stared at the ground. “I don’t want to have to keep lying to people.” I said. “I’ve had enough of pretending that I’m something that I’m obviously not. It’s worked out for you.”

“It’s your decision Robbie. You have to do what you feel is right for you. But I didn’t just decide on the spur of the moment to come out. I gave it a lot of thought. I understood what it would mean. I was ready even at fourteen, but are you really ready? That’s something that you need to think about. Then if you’re still certain, you’ll need to tell Don and Sue first and not wait for them to find out from somebody else.”

“Yeah, I know,” I said smiling. “Have you always been this grown up and sensible?”

“Have you always been this cute and adorable.”

“You’re just trying to butter me up.”

“Um,” he said, licking his lips, “sounds nice, I think I’d like to butter you up one day.”

“Just let me know when and I’ll be there,” I said laughing. “You know that I’d love to be able to get to know you…you know…a little better.”

“Don’t worry dude, if you keep pressing the right buttons, then pretty soon, I’m going to be on you like a leech and you’ll probably wish you never met me.”

I shook my head furiously at the suggestion. “That will never happen,” I said, “leach is okay. Anything that sucks sounds pretty good to me.”

“Oh really, well maybe you can teach me?”

“I’m no expert, but I don’t mind trying, if you’ll let me that is,” I said and with that Nathan inched closer to whisper into my ear.

“I am so gonna let you do that one-day dude.”

I squeezed my legs together and dropped my jaw again. “Shit, Nathan, I think I just had an orgasm.”

“You only think? If I was responsible, then you’d definitely know about it.”

“Oh shit, and another one,” I said, covering the front of my pants with my hands.

“Well, maybe you should stop playing with it all the time,” he said looking down at my crotch and pulling my arms out of the way.

“Okay I promise to behave, if you stop talking dirty to me.”

“Done,” he said, offering me his hand.

“And touching me,” I said, but I still shook his hand and squeezed it a couple of times, until eventually he had to pull it away, shaking his head.

“You’re full of surprises, you know that? I thought you were going to be all shy and closeted tonight.”

“You bring out the best of me,” I said.

“Or maybe the worst of you,” he said. I shrugged my shoulders and stared longingly into his eyes, unwilling to avert my gaze for even a second.

“So can we do this again…soon?”

“Probably.”

“Probably?”

“Definitely then.”

“Definitely, when?”

“Definitely, whenever you want,” he said, “but maybe we should go somewhere a little quieter next time, where we won’t bump into so many…you know, people.”

“That would be good, the less people the better. Is there anywhere that you can think of where we won’t be recognized?”

“No, not in this town anyway. I’m sure we can get away with tonight, but not on a regular basis, I mean as far as people know, we’re not even friends. You’ll be outing yourself straight away and then it’ll be difficult.”

“So what happens now? I’ve never been in this situation before.”

“Neither have I, before tonight, I’d never even been on a date before. I’ll think of something. Maybe we can go to Toronto for the day next weekend.”

“That’ll be cool,” I said, but I knew that I would never have been able to wait that long to see him and I was actually more interested in us being alone, rather than in a crowded city centre. “And before that?”

“You could come over to my house, I suppose, one day after school.”

‘That’s more like it’.

“Yeah, I’ve never been there.”

“Well you were invited to my party dude, but you were in jail, remember?”

“Will your parents be there?”

“Unfortunately, yes,” he said, “my mom’s almost always there, but they want to meet you.”

“You told them about me?”

“Yes, but you’re only a friend okay, at least for now. If they thought that we were… you know, going out or anything, then they wouldn’t allow us in the same room together. Only kidding, they’re not that bad really, they just worry about me. They’re scared in case some older gay boy befriends me and then tries to lead me astray and have his wicked way with me.”

“You mean there are people out there who would do that?”

“Totally.”

“Well, you’re safe with me mate, I would never let anyone do that to you.”

“That’s what I thought.”

“So can I come to your house in the week?”

“Okay, leave it to me, I’ll think of something. We just have to be a little patient you know. If you really want this…like to have a real relationship with me, then it’s gonna take time, you know that right?”

“Yes. I’m here for the duration, however long that is. I wanna be with you Nathan, I’ll do anything to make that happen.”

“Anything?” he said.

“Anything.”

“Would you insert chili peppers into your anus?”

“How many and how far?” I asked, trying hard not to laugh.

“As many as you can fit,” he said, “and I’m talking all the way up there.” He scrunched up his face to add a little emphasis.

“Oh fuck, that sounds so sexy,” I said, “you can do that to me anytime.”

“You want me to stick chili peppers up your ass?” he said and probably a little too loudly. When I looked over, we were clearly being watched with some interest by the couple in the seats. “I said that a little loud didn’t I.”

“Yes, you did,” I said and we giggled.

“They heard it too, didn’t they?”

“Yep.”

“Chili peppers huh,” he said, raising his eyebrows, “interesting.”

“Probably not chili peppers, they might hurt.”

“You think?” We both fell about laughing as I saw my bus approaching. We didn’t kiss goodbye, but he gave me a warm, intimate and very close hug before we parted and I had a struggle running to my stop and limping onto the bus with a hard-on that just wasn’t going to go away without some attention.

* * * * *

As I lie in bed that night, it was Nathan’s cute face that appeared once again in my fantasy. I could still smell him on me and taste him on my lips. I smiled to myself. Nathan had the softest most kissable lips ever and the cutest little nose that made me want to kiss it too. I loved his neck and his hair, everything about him was just so perfect. His hands were just so warm, soft and delicate like his feet and his legs and chest. I was sure too that when the time came, his other bits would be just as perfect. I couldn’t help wondering what he was like down there. How big was he, not that size was very important? Was he circumcised?

‘I bet he has the cutest, best looking, most perfect fucking penis in the whole world’.

After all that had happened between us that evening, it was hardly surprising that it had taken only a few gentle strokes to trigger an orgasm that had me biting the duvet in order to muffle the sound of my heavy breathing. I wasn’t prepared for such a quick finish or for such a high volume and I cringed as I felt the wet patches on the duvet sticking to my skin.

‘If this is what happens after just kissing him, then how good would it be if we really did something’?

Next week Robbie and Nathan try to find some alone time and struggle to keep the lid on their special friendship, while under scrutiny from Nicola.
Copyright © 2017 Dodger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

For discussion of themes and topics. The book can be found here: https://www.gayauthors.org/story/dodger/thecockneycanuck After 47 chapters and lots of drama I think it's time this story has a discussion topic where readers can interact with the author and each other. There are certainly plenty of situations, characters and emotions to bring up, and of course most of all Robbie the Cockney Canuck. Dodger has kindly given me permission to start this thread and has promised to be part of the di
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I don't think Robbie is capable of hiding his feelings for Nathan. I think the signs are always there, it's just that no one is paying that much attention to him. If Nicola were actually as obsessed with Robbie's behavior as he thinks she is, she'd spot the signs right away. It's only that she thinks he's acting the way he does because of Fran – eventually Nicola will notice that Fran isn't coming around anymore and will put two and two together.

Link to comment

I'm actually almost proud of Robbie, his behaviour in this chapter was acceptable and even really great at times. Nathan does bring the best out in him, and I'm glad he was honest about how he feels and how much he wants to be with Nathan.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I agree with Tim. This may be the first chapter where Robbie didn't emerge tinged with some negative action or another.
This is a healthy Robbie. It's also a Robbie who will be soon out and that will be interesting to read about. There are a lot of characters in the story to react to that happening, and I'm guessing they will not all behave how we might expect.

 

Good chapter, Dodger!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/04/2016 10:27 AM, droughtquake said:

I don't think Robbie is capable of hiding his feelings for Nathan. I think the signs are always there, it's just that no one is paying that much attention to him. If Nicola were actually as obsessed with Robbie's behavior as he thinks she is, she'd spot the signs right away. It's only that she thinks he's acting the way he does because of Fran – eventually Nicola will notice that Fran isn't coming around anymore and will put two and two together.

Whatever happens, Nicola will no doubt play a big part in it, as will Daniel. Thanks again for a great review droughtquake.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/04/2016 04:44 PM, Timothy M. said:

I'm actually almost proud of Robbie, his behaviour in this chapter was acceptable and even really great at times. Nathan does bring the best out in him, and I'm glad he was honest about how he feels and how much he wants to be with Nathan.

Yeah, I think that Robbie is learning the benefits of being honest, both with his potential partner and with himself. He makes a lot of mistakes, but has a good heart. Nathan and Robbie seem like a good match.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/05/2016 12:08 AM, skinnydragon said:

I agree with Tim. This may be the first chapter where Robbie didn't emerge tinged with some negative action or another.

This is a healthy Robbie. It's also a Robbie who will be soon out and that will be interesting to read about. There are a lot of characters in the story to react to that happening, and I'm guessing they will not all behave how we might expect.

 

Good chapter, Dodger!

Thanks once again Skinnydragon. The general view seems to be that Robbie will soon be out and I think that this is inevitable. Whichever way this happens, it won't be as easy for him, as it was for Nathan and I doubt if he'll get a cake for it either.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Just as I have said, again and again, I totally love your writing style and look forward at the end of each chapter for the next. Misterwill

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mister will said:

Just as I have said, again and again, I totally love your writing style and look forward at the end of each chapter for the next. Misterwill

Thank you @mister will

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I don’t see how Robbie can hide the truth for very long. Nathan breaks down all his barriers and everyone is going to know he’s in a good mood. I’m sure they’ll find out he’s not dating Fran anymore soon enough and that’s going to make them wonder why he’s so happy. Daniel isn’t stupid and Nicola is....Nicola so one if not both of them will be the first to figure it out I’m sure. Then there’s Nicola’s friend who saw them together when everyone thought he was out with Fran so she’ll get a hint pretty quick that something is going on which she will no doubt hound him about as nosy as she is.

Edited by NimirRaj
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 6/30/2018 at 1:18 PM, NimirRaj said:

I don’t see how Robbie can hide the truth for very long. Nathan breaks down all his barriers and everyone is going to know he’s in a good mood. I’m sure they’ll find out he’s not dating Fran anymore soon enough and that’s going to make them wonder why he’s so happy. Daniel isn’t stupid and Nicola is....Nicola so one if not both of them will be the first to figure it out I’m sure. Then there’s Nicola’s friend who saw them together when everyone thought he was out with Fran so she’ll get a hint pretty quick that something is going on which she will no doubt hound him about as nosy as she is.

Robbie may think he's smart but he's fairly easy to read especially for the likes of Nicola.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Troll Alert: 

“Don’t worry dude, if you keep pressing the right buttons, then pretty soon, I’m going to be on you like a leach and you’ll probably wish you never met me.” I really hate to do this because this was one of the sweetest chapters I have ever read, but the troll instinct is too strong. I think you mean 'leech'. An annelid that sucks blood through the skin. By the way, the application of a leech, as icky as it sounds, is an excellent cure for a black eye, if applied quickly it will prevent all the darkening, leaving only a small ring of reddened skin.

In spite of my ick factor, absolutely the best chapter you have ever written.

Will H.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 8/10/2018 at 10:58 PM, Will Hawkins said:

Troll Alert: 

“Don’t worry dude, if you keep pressing the right buttons, then pretty soon, I’m going to be on you like a leach and you’ll probably wish you never met me.” I really hate to do this because this was one of the sweetest chapters I have ever read, but the troll instinct is too strong. I think you mean 'leech'. An annelid that sucks blood through the skin. By the way, the application of a leech, as icky as it sounds, is an excellent cure for a black eye, if applied quickly it will prevent all the darkening, leaving only a small ring of reddened skin.

In spite of my ick factor, absolutely the best chapter you have ever written.

Will H.

Thanks for a wonderful comment, Will and for pointing out the mistake. I'm liking the troll.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

So I'm finally reading this more than two years later, and my money says that when Robbie comes out to his family, there will be a similar scene to when Nathan came out, with Don handing money to Sue. No telling about Nicola, who I place in the same category as the boy at the cinema who was "tired of fucking homos," but evidently hadn't considered trying it with a girl instead. ;)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

The above comment about putting Nicola in the same category as the boy at the cinema (who briefly dated Nicola) made me think if Nicola has been unduly influenced by her Dad. I think even before the parents they both together should tell Daniel first. Congrats Robbie you didn't screw this one up  a first date both should look back on with fondness

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..