Jump to content
    Graeme
    • Classic Author
  • 194 Words
  • 1,013 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Falls Creek Lessons - Links - 13. Chapter 13

[Paul Wilson]

Greg’s not the first person I’ve met that can’t stand being near a gay guy, and he won’t be the last. I can hope he’ll get over it, but it doesn’t look good for having a fun weekend.

It would be nice to live in a world where this sort of thing didn’t happen, a world where people tolerated differences. Unfortunately, that’s not the real world. All I can do is to hope that Greg is just reacting from the surprise. Once he’s had a chance to think things over, maybe he’ll come around.

I’m a bit surprised, though. Surely either Rob or Diane would have told him about Chris and me? Why didn’t they?

As he gets out of the car, I can see a look of pain on Greg’s face. That’s not the typical homophobic or shock reaction. Maybe something happened to him when he was younger? This may not be as simple as it seems.

I think I’ll keep a close watch on that young man. There may be more to this than meets the eye.

Please use the BACK button to return to the main story.

Copyright © 2004 Graeme; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I saw this story by chance while looking for another. I don't think it showed on the

recent story updates column. I only found it by chance, so you may want to re-list it.

Otherwise nobody will know it's there.

 

I do like the scenario, and the links to other characters' thoughts is something new,

I don't know if that is better than the conventional manner, -it's too soon to say.

I'll let you know later as I read on.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 03/07/2014 06:47 PM, Stephen said:
I saw this story by chance while looking for another. I don't think it showed on the

recent story updates column. I only found it by chance, so you may want to re-list it.

Otherwise nobody will know it's there.

 

I do like the scenario, and the links to other characters' thoughts is something new,

I don't know if that is better than the conventional manner, -it's too soon to say.

I'll let you know later as I read on.

Due to technical reasons, the story had to be posted in its entirety. That meant bypassing the 'recent story update' feature. Otherwise, it would've swamped the list because I think the minimum number of links in a chapter is 16, and that means at least 17 'chapters' would need to be posted for each chapter (from memory one chapter has 30 links).

 

This was my second novel and I wanted to experiment with using embedded links. As a novelty I think it works, but I doubt I'll use the technique again.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..