Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 1,282 Words
  • 2,950 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 12. No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

They returned to the Y about a quarter to four. Jeffry went searching for pals and Phillip reported to Mr. Campbell’s office. He told his boss in detail what had happened with Rodney Jefferson. After his report, Mr. Campbell rolled back in his chair and said, “Do you realize what you’ve done?”

Phillip said, “I just got him talking to a nurse and with the consent of his mom, took him to the hospital. I would have done it for any of the kids.”

Mr. Campbell said, “I know. That’s what makes you so special. You would have done it for any of our kids but, you did it for the mayor’s son. I just got off the phone with her. She loves you. You can expect this to be in the papers, in a sanitized version of course that doesn’t mention his exact ailment. We’re going to get more donations, more city money and more kids. Someone is probably going to ask if there is anything you would like. Don’t ask for a raise. That’s already a done deal.”

Philip said, “Oh that’s easy. Hire my friends Mikie Hendrix and Randy Carlson— at least part-time. They can help me keep everything going and, I’ll have more time to listen.”

Campbell sat still for a moment and said, “You know, I think we can swing that. I’d like to add another kid your age if I could find the right sort. We’re going to need a few more hands.”

 

 

Phillip went to his office and found the Gentlemen’s Club plus Tanner waiting for him inside. He hugged his all of his boys and sat in his chair.

He said, “I’m dead tired today so, I’m going to take the night off guys. We’ll start back up tomorrow night.”

Seth put his arms around Tanner and said, “I’m sure everybody understands. When we came up to our spot, this afternoon, we caught this little cutie and his hunk of a boyfriend on our mats.”

Tanner laughed and said, “I always thought getting caught would be awful but, we got caught twice in one day, and it turned out great.”

Seth said, “Your vote by text cinched it. We’ll give Brice and Tanner their initiation this weekend if that’s all right.”

Phillip said, “Under one condition.”

Tanner asked, “What’s that?”

Phillip opened his arms and said, “I need a Tanner hug. I’ve had a really stressful afternoon.”

Tanner bounded over, hopped into his lap and Phillip wrapped him in his arms. Phillip asked, “Tanner, do you and Brice know what you are getting into?”

Tanner blushed and Seth said, “They won’t know exactly until it happens but, after this afternoon, I’m pretty sure they’ll like it.”

Tanner looked up with big blue eyes and said, “We heard you took my friend Rodney to the hospital and probably saved his life. Is that true?”

Phillip said, “He was having a problem and, Randy’s Mom thought it would be a good idea if he saw a doctor right away. They’re pretty sure he’s going to be OK.”

Tanner said, “We’ve been friends since we were little, and I know he was scared. He wouldn’t say what was wrong and, Jeffry took him to see you. Thank you for taking care of him.”

Phillip hugged Tanner and said, “I love you guys. I’d take care of you if you need it.”

The boys crowded around Phillip hugging him.

Bryan said, “Thanks so much for calling me last night.”

Phillip said, “Your friends thought you needed a hand. I think we’ll get it sorted tomorrow.”

 

 

Cars, trucks and vans began to line up to pick up the boys. Phillip was dragged out front to meet parents. Jeffry Cumming’s Mom was very pleased to meet Phillip. She had spoken with her sister and knew about Rodney. He could see most of his boys off and managed to get away with Mikie, Randy and Bryan.

Phillip took Bryan home and met his mother and older brother Andy who turned out to be around Phillip’s age. For someone who had sworn off that gay shit, Phillip noticed Andy checking him out and winked at him causing him to smile and blush.

They got home and all Phillip could do was curl up on his couch between Randy and Mikie and go to sleep.

Phillip’s Dad’s ringtone woke him up in an hour. He answered yawning and said, “Hi Dad.”

He laughed and said, “It sounds like I woke you up for a change.”

“I had a stressful day. I took one of my kids had to the hospital today with something serious. He’s going to be OK but, I love the little guys.”

Mikie and Randy heard this and both hugged him.

Phillip senior said, “That’s what I was calling about. I wanted to warn you to be on your toes tomorrow. The media have picked up on this actual heartwarming good news story and, you’re probably going to see a few reporters. I know the paper is on it. I got heads up from my office. Just don’t try to be too cool or joke with them, and you should do fine.”

Phillip sighed and said, “Lovely.”

Phillip’s father said, “I’m very proud of you. You’ve done well for your first real job. Do me a favor and buy a copy of the paper when the story runs. I can get the local TV stations over the web.”

“Thanks Dad. I will.”

They ended the call and Mikie said, “That sounded like it went well.”

“It did. Pops is proud of me. I really only did what anyone decent should have done.”

“That’s just it”, Randy said. “We live in a time when decency is the exception and not the rule. I’ve got a frozen pizza in the oven. We can eat in about fifteen minutes.”

Phillip looked at his phone and found a number of texts: Seth & David via a friend: we wish we were there.

Timmy, Owen, Bryan, Brice, and... texts from two unknown numbers.

He opened one and laughed: it was from Marcus. Come see us again soon.

Phillip replied, Count on it.

He opened the second: Bryan says you’re good to talk to and, I can trust you. Could I come over? I’ve screwed up bad and Bryan thinks you can help. –Andy Larkin

 

Phillip nearly dropped the phone. If he could help Andy with whatever was bothering him that would help Bryan. You can’t save the world but, you can try to clean up your yard.

He texted back: Sure Andy. I’ll help if I can. I mostly talk to middle schoolers, so it’ll be good to talk to someone my age. Give me twenty minutes and come over.

Andy texted back: I really appreciate it.

The boys ate pizza, and he related that Andy Larkin was going to come over because Bryan had told him Phillip was a good listener.

Mikie said, “I’ll bet you a blow job he makes a pass at you.”

Randy chuckled. “That would be easy money. When he saw Phillip, he might as well have been drooling.”

Phillip said, “I don’t know. I’ll see what he says. He’s basically Bryan at sixteen so, I can’t really lose.”

Mikie said, “We’ll just stay up in your room and watch porn... I mean play video games.” That set Randy off into a giggling jag.

Phillip laughed and said, “You horn dogs.”

“That’s what you like about us”, said Randy smugly.

Phillip hugged his two friends and said, “No. That’s what I love about you. I’ll be up after I see what’s bugging Andy.”

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Philip has developed a great group of friends. Let's hope he can help Andy.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..