Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 478 Words
  • 2,502 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 26. Seth & David

Phillip spent the rest of the afternoon taking care of his Thursday checklist and having light conversations with a few kids. About four, Seth and David caught up with him and wanted to have a word so they retreated to his office.

Seth said, “When I talked to my Grandma a few minutes ago, she said some reporters had come by and asked her questions about you.”

Phillip said, “Me? What did they ask?”

David said, “Grandma doesn’t suffer fools well Phillip. It’s not what they asked, it’s what she told them. You see, we haven’t told you and you haven’t asked why we’re living with her.”

Seth picked up from there, “To make a long story short our parents were fuck-ups. All they cared about was drugs and money and, they pretty much torched their whole lives over it.”

David added, “We’ll be in our thirties by the time they get out of prison.”

Phillip mumbled, “Oh shit.”

“Grandma took us in“, Seth said. “...but, she’s old and doesn’t really know what things are like now. We went to school but, we were the new kids, didn’t wear the right things, or know anybody, and we don’t have cell phones...”

Phillip saw where this was going and said, “You were targets of every bully in school.”

Seth said, “Even the nerds took a run at us.”

David said, “You’re the first guy that’s older than us that has treated us better than dirt. Grandma told the reporters that you are a good influence on us, and she hasn’t seen us this happy since we got here.”

Phillip hugged the pair and asked, “What about the older members of the Gentlemen’s Club?”

The two boys exchanged glances and David said, “They aren’t like you. That first time when you hugged us and treated us like we were all special, you changed everything. It wasn’t just about getting off anymore. It’s like the name change: once everyone saw, heard and felt it, it was a natural fit. We’re not just secret fuck buddies anymore. We’re friends now and, we like it better.”

Seth said, “It’s not that they’re bad but, for them, it was all about secrecy and, some of them have a lot to lose. I talked to Kurt and Miguel about coming over this weekend to meet you, but they’re scared. Don’t worry. I haven’t told them who you are but, they are sketchy about any unknown.”

Phillip said, “We’ll meet them on neutral ground. Somewhere like Ottima Pizza. Later at night so there’s not a huge crowd. How would you two like to come over tonight? I’ve got some big plans for the weekend and I could use an extra pair of hands.”

David said, “We’ll go home and ask Grandma. I’m sure it will be OK. She’ll drop us off after supper.”

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So reporter's talked to Seth and David's Grandma.I'm glad about the things she said to them but I'm still nervous about all the attention.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..