Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 757 Words
  • 2,687 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 28. Casey

Casey made a thorough inspection of the kitchen, pantry, and freezer. He looked appalled at the spice rack. Casey’s verdict was: “I can do great things in this kitchen. We just need to get some food in it.”

Phillip said, “Billy and I were talking it over. We were thinking tacos and maybe lasagna. Then I can grill a time or two and, we’ll need breakfast stuff.”

Casey said, “That’s a decent plan for a start. I can do either one in my sleep. I have a couple of suggestions. You need a black iron skillet, a big soup pot and a pancake griddle. Everything else looks good to go.”

After letting everyone know they would be out for a while, Phillip and Casey started out for the Walmart Supercenter.

Casey was quiet on the drive but finally asked, “Do you think I have a chance with Bobby Curtis?”

“Absolutely”, Phillip said, stopping at a traffic light. “You two make a cute couple.”

Casey said, “He really turns me on.”

“I could tell by the mess you guys made. It appears mutual”, Phillip observed dryly.

Casey said, “I really like him. I’d like to try to make it work but, I’m not sure how to go about it.”

Phillip said, “My former best friend’s Dad was a minister. He was a great guy, and we went to his church all the time. Since he died, I haven’t been back to church. How would you like to go the good Reverend Curtis’s church Sunday?”

Casey said, “I don’t know. I don’t really have clothes for that. Metal and church don’t mix so well.”

Phillip said, “I’ve got clothes in my closet that will fit you. I’ll put you in a button down shirt, a nice pair of jeans, put your hair in a ponytail, and you’ll look like one of those models on the covers of romance novels.”

Casey asked, “Do you think it will work?”

As Phillip pulled into the big Walmart parking lot he said, “If you want it to work out, their father needs to see you as someone he approves of. Believe me, if he sees you in his church, he’ll approve of you being pals with his boys. Just keep the hot messy sex and weed out of sight.”

Casey asked, “Do you think I’d look good in a ponytail?”

Phillip parked and said, “Casey, you’re pretty hot. You would look good in a potato sack. I suggested the ponytail because I’d like for you and Kelly to wear one at work. It’ll keep your hair out of your eyes and, it sure won’t hurt your looks. Do me a favor: go ahead and get started on our list in Walmart. I’ll catch up with you shortly.”

 

Phillip had some shopping for his own to-do list. First he went into a shop called T-shirt Factory and ordered fifteen gray t-shirts with “staff” written in bold letters on the front and back.

Next he went to nearby Dick’s Sporting Goods and picked out fifteen blue shorts. One hundred forty-four dollars later he had his staff’s uniform in hand. He put it in his trunk and headed into Walmart.

Phillip caught up with Casey in the section that had Italian food with pastas and sauces. Casey already had a nice load in his basket and was comparing lasagna.

Casey looked up and said, “You have any preference between Bertolli or Burillo’s?”

Phillip chuckled and said, “I’ll leave that up to you. Once I get past the grill, I’m lost.”

Phillip followed Casey through the meat, Mexican food, cheeses, dairy, bread, breakfast foods, tortillas and finally into the kitchenware. Casey picked out a 12” Lodge iron skillet, a stock pot and a griddle for pancakes. Lastly, Phillip guided them into the hair care products where he picked out some shampoo and conditioner with hemp and coconut oil and a pair of silver ponytail holders. When they checked out the total came to two hundred sixty dollars.

Casey was excited. All he could talk about on the way home was how kick ass supper was going to be. Once they arrived back home they had a hoard of help getting stuff into the kitchen. Mikie, Bryan and Andy had arrived.

Once the food was put away, Casey pulled out a dangerous looking chef’s knife, went to work cutting onions and peppers and said, “Now, what are y’all still doing in my kitchen.”

Kelly grabbed his arm and said, “Come quick, the news is on!”

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I love Casey, he's a good kid at heart. He just need a big brother figure to mentor and guide him.

Edited by chris191070
  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..