Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 378 Words
  • 2,704 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 17. Mr. Oswald

After going over a list of emailed requests for services and parceling them out between himself and his helpers, he logged Mikie and Randy’s hours for the morning and tasks completed.

He looked at the time and knew a person he needed to speak to was probably free enough to talk, so he picked up his phone and dialed. Marty Oswald was a gruff, retired police detective who worked as a private investigator and security consultant for the firm. Phillip wasn’t quite sure how he would react to his call, but you never know until you try.

A puzzled voice answered the phone, “Little Phil?”

Phillip answered, “Yes sir, it’s me, Mr. Oswald. Sorry to bother you, but, I know you were a cop before you went to work for the firm. Do you remember a cop named James Green who was killed in an on duty accident a few years ago?”

Oswald replied, “Yeah. I used to work closely with Green’s ex-partner, Chris Butler. That was bad business. He left behind a wife and four kids.”

Phillip said, “That’s what I’m calling about. I met James and Marcus. They’re friends with one of the boys who stay at the Y during the summer when his Mom is working. Jeffry told me bad stuff goes on at the apartments during the day and James and Marcus have a tough time keeping their little brothers out of it. We would love to have them at the Y, but, his Mom can’t swing forty bucks a month for all four.”

Oswald said, “Thanks for giving me a heads-up. We can fix that. I’ll talk to Butler, and he can swing by and have a word with Rochelle. Cops make a point of looking after the kids of their fallen comrades. They’ve even got a fund for it. Butler will see it as a matter of honor. Thanks for letting us know.”

“It was my pleasure, Sir. I like James and Marcus. They’ll be a good addition to our kids.”

When he got off the phone with Oswald, Phillip texted Marcus: will visit this afternoon after two. What’s you and your brothers favorite flavors at Baskin-Robbins?

Marcus answered: Strawberry, rocky road, chocolate and butter pecan. Text b4 you come.

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I guess the police fund will take care of the brothers. 40 bucks a month huh?Am I too old to join that program kidding LOL 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..