Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 486 Words
  • 2,727 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 35. Shopping

Just before lunch, Phillip left his minions in charge and borrowed the van. He took Scotty Cross and went to pick up the Green brothers for their shopping trip.

All four of the brothers were clearly excited. Jon-Jon and Luke immediately took a liking to Scotty. Phillip took them to the mall that housed Wet Gear and several other stores of interest.

Phillip asked, “First things first guys, you’ll need something to keep your stuff in. Do you want a gym bag or a backpack?”

James asked, “What’s the difference?”

Scotty said, “You can get more and bulkier stuff in a bag than a backpack. A backpack can do double duty with school but, the nicer ones can be expensive.”

Marcus asked, “What do you use Phillip?”

“I’ve got a gym bag. It’s got everything I need for the gym and then some.”

The brothers had a short discussion and decide on a gym bag as they already had backpacks for school. Phillip pulled into the Target parking lot and picked out four Swiss Gear gym bags, four six packs of athletic socks, four three packs of Puma boxer briefs and assorted gym shorts, shirts and towels for the brothers. That put a three hundred dollar dent in the gift card. Back in the van the four brothers divided their loot and stashed it in their new bags.

The next stop was Wet Gear where Phillip found Scotty a nice three pack of Swimmers Jocks and threw in another ten so he could get a Speedo in the next size up.

James Green looked at the Speedos and raised an eyebrow. They were clearly not his first choice in swim wear. Phillip guided them to the Jammers where the four brothers got two each in red and gray and a three pack of swimmers jocks each. That put another but lesser dent in the gift card.

Their next stop was a shoe store where the four brothers chose a reasonably priced pair of Pumas athletic shoes.

The Academy was their next stop for gym shorts and shirts.

For their final stop, they went to JC Pennies where the boys got two pairs of Lee jeans and selected two shirts. Before they checked out, Phillip asked if there was anything else they might like.

They each came up with a hairbrush and more boxers as their Mom only got them tightie-whities. That left a balance on the gift card. Phillip promised the boys he would hold onto it and take them shopping again.

Phillip stopped at a Wendy’s, brought lunch and headed back to the Y. The Green brothers could ride home with Jeffry on the bus.

Once back at the Y, Jeffry and Tanner were delighted to play host to the four brothers and Scotty was delighted with his swimmers jocks and new Speedo that didn’t fit him like an over stressed rubber band.

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 3/20/2021 at 12:36 PM, weinerdog said:

Considering what they had before this shopping spree was like Christmas for the brothers 

I have a feeling that you’re right with your comment. The brothers were being victimized by their older cousin and it wasn’t something they should have been forced into. I don’t know if the younger ones were done the same way as their older brothers were, I hope not. Even Scotty was thrilled that he had someone who understood his problem and was able to help him with it.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..