Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 3,354 Words
  • 2,092 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 66. Meeting the Lost Boys

city-jail.jpg

After lunch, Richard asked Phillip to use his computer. Phillip followed him upstairs and unlocked his PC.

Richard pulled out a CD and handed it to Phillip and said, “You’ll need this. It’s Trust business.”

Phillip sat down at his computer and stuck the CD in his drive. When the system read the CD, a bunch of directories came up, forty-two in all, and Phillip could see each one was a name. At the top of the list was Jeremy Aubrey, Frank Ballard and so forth. It was all the kids Farmer had been tracking and looking after, even the ones who were currently in high school.

Phillip asked, “Richard, what is this?”

Richard said, “Last night Pops had me run some errands for him before the cops arrived. You know about the Lost Boys Trust. You and my Dad were there when it was created. The last errand was to deliver this to you. Pops took notes on all of us. This will help you with the Trust because you’ll know what is going on with all the boys.”

Phillip clicked on Jeremy Aubrey’s directory and found a list of PDF files. He clicked on the summary and skimmed it:

Jeremy is a good kid, but his home life is abusive and chaotic. He is a candidate for foster care but only with appropriate treatment. He’s big, angry, aggressive, has impulse control issues and hyperactivity. I’m managing his energetic ways through sports but, he really needs to see a good psychiatrist for medication and not the sort of ‘treatment’ CPS would provide.

Phillip said, “Holy... these are case files.”

Richard said, “Exactly. Pops had me look in on you at the Y. I could tell how well you were doing with Seth and the boys. Pops knew he wouldn’t be able to look after them for much longer and thought you would be the right guys for the job.”

Phillip said, “Seth and David are easy. They don’t have the kind of problems these guys do. I’m nowhere near qualified to do this.”

Richard chuckled, “We both know Seth and David have been in some dark places. You’ve sure won them over. Pops and I think you have got the one thing that makes you the perfect fit.”

Phillip asked warily, “What is that?”

“Simple”, Richard said. “You care about them and it shows. I’ve seen the way you interact with them. The Lost Boys are in the same general age bracket. Pops knew what needed to be done and spelled it out in these case files. Follow his lead and things will work out.”

Phillip asked, “There are a lot more than eight files. What about the kids who didn’t get busted that are in here?”

“I’m one of them. The kids who got arrested are the ones that were in the most serious peril. The others just aren’t that far out on a limb. Take Karl and Carlos: those two are part of the gang because their parents are seriously homophobic, and they would be in danger if they were outed. There’s a few more like that. A bunch have parents that a probably functional alcoholics. Pops managed to get most of them past the rigors of Middle School, and now they’re just ordinary High School Students. There’s a file on them in case something drastic happens out of the blue.”

“I get an idea how smart he was”, Phillip said, perusing the files. “Really well organized and detailed.”

“He was all of that and then some”, Richard replied. “He always said if you have one plan, it will fail. Have five plans and you get it done.”

Phillip said, “It sounds like he was big on planning for contingencies. I wish I’d known Chuck Farmer. From what I’d heard, I thought he was the villain in this mess, and it turned out, he was holding things together. I hate that he was killed.”

Richard said, “Confidentially, and don’t spread this around, I don’t think he’s dead.”

“What?”

“I’ve known Pops for a few years and, I’ve never seen him get caught flat-footed. What’s the one sure way to make people stop looking for you?”

Phillip said, “Make them think you’re already dead.”

Richard nodded and said, “Let’s keep that to ourselves. It’s just speculation. I’m about to order the pizzas. How does six large and five two liters of soda sound?”

 

 

Stacy Scott was frustrated. The cops were happy to talk about the big bust at Trans-Continental Shipping. The local police and Sheriff’s office had nailed the lynch-pin of a national trafficking ring. The photographers had been treated to big, sexy piles of drugs and money that had been seized.

They were definitely not talking about the arrests at the Farmer house. They were replying to all requests for information with we cannot comment at this time as that is an ongoing investigation. All her brother would say is that it was complicated and would take a couple of days to sort out.

Rumors abounded that a hefty contingent of FBI agents had arrived. She could confirm that as at least a dozen were staying at the Hampton Inn on Spaulding Avenue near the mall.

All kind of rumors were flying, but no one but the police and the Feds really knew what was happening. Were the Feds here about Trans-Continental or, was it something else?

Her phone pinged with an incoming text from her editor: come into the office quick. Sometimes the story comes to you.

 

 

Detective Butler pulled up to Rochelle Green’s apartment. Her Honda was parked in its usual place. She was home from church by now, and he was expected.

Butler had managed to get a few hours of sleep, but was still wasted from his all-nighter. This was maybe the worst duty he could imagine and, by law, parental notification couldn’t wait. Phillip’s suggestion that she be allowed time to process the information was brilliant.

Ever since the sheriff’s detectives had briefed him on the contents of Tyrone Flowers phone, he had desperately tried to think of a way to tell her. Cops were actually trained to deliver earth-shattering bad news but, this one had a very personal edge to it.

James senior had been his friend and partner for years. The kids and they were great kids, had always been around for BBQs, watching sports, going to the lake. He was already emotionally involved. His budding relationship with Rochelle just might die in the fury the news of the boys’ molestation at the hands of Tyrone was sure to ignite.

He would learn a lot about Rochelle and himself in the next few minutes. Of all the people involved in this little drama, the one person that had worked to put the boys in a safer position was an intelligent sixteen-year-old who had smelled a rat.

 

 

Richard pulled his Camaro into the staff parking lot and made a cell phone call. They were met at the loading dock by a uniformed officer and led through the back stairs out of sight. They were led into a small dining room in the upstairs part of the city jail used to house minors.

One of the uniformed cops approached and said, “I understand that you will be getting them some clothes for court?”

Phillip said, “That’s right. All they’ve got is what they wore in here.”

The cop said, “I’m Mike Lee. I’ve got the duty here for the weekend. There are rules about what they can have while they are here. There can be no blades, belts or shoes with laces. We issue them flip-flops while they are here. If you get them a belt and shoes, bag them, label who they are for with a Sharpie, and we’ll make sure they have them for court.”

Phillip said, “I understand. Thanks for being accommodating. I know you didn’t have to.”

Lee grinned and said, “We see bad kids in here. Those aren’t bad kids. They were in a bad situation and, we would like for their first arrest to be their last.”

David asked, “How are they?”

Lee said, “They’ve been quiet. They were upbeat after they saw their lawyer but, I think the news that all of their parents got arrested at a meth lab in Sussex County this morning has sunk in and hit them hard. Let’s see if lunch and seeing some friendly faces helps. We’ll let them in, they’ll eat, and then you can get with them about clothes and sizes.”

Officer Lee left the lunchroom and Richard, Phillip, David and Randy set up for the pizza and sodas and had the tables ready when eight bedraggled looking boys arrived. They were all wearing gray warm up pants, a gray t-shirt and flip-flops. Phillip wasn’t sure whether it was food, seeing Richard or seeing anyone not in a uniform was what did it but, as soon as they arrived in the lunchroom, the boy’s general demeanor changed to smiles.

They all swarmed Richard who scooted them to the table saying, “Eat, and I’ll talk. We don’t have much time, and we’ve got a lot to cover.”

Soon all eight were eating and Richard said, “Pops is gone, but he didn’t leave us hanging. He created a Trust Fund to make sure that you guys were taken care of.”

Kevin Sutton asked, “I understand your being here Richard but, where do the other guys fit in?”

Richard replied, “The tall one is Phillip Wright. He’s on the board of the Trust. Pops saw how well he was taking care of Seth and his crew, he thought he would be a good guy to have on our team. You might have seen him on TV last Thursday. He’s got the status and connections to help you. Randy and David came along, so you could see some friendly faces. When you are done eating, they are going to take your measurements and get you some clothes.”

The boys ate with gusto. As they ate, Randy chatted with Cade Brock and Kevin Sutton, who were obviously happy to see him. Richard settled in beside Jeremy and had a quiet conversation. Surprisingly, David seemed to be popular with the whole group, which seemed a little odd since they had spent a lot of time making David and his cousin miserable. Maybe it was as Richard suggested. Maybe they did like the pair after all, and it was courtship by harassment. They were both pretty cute if you got them out of Granny Wanda’s boys fashion hell.

One of the boys really caught Phillip’s eye. Miguel Sanchez was... just his type: a long-haired Hispanic with big brown eyes, that wonderful skin tone and a smile that invited you to laugh with him. He noticed Phillip’s attention and sent one of those smiles his way.

As soon as they were done, Phillip stood and said, “This is what I plan to do about clothes. I recently had to do a very similar job with four brothers. It’s fun and here’s what I plan. David and I are going to talk to each of you and get your preferences and do some measurements. I plan to get you each two pairs of jeans, one khaki, three nice shirts, shoes, belt socks, underwear and a bundle with personal items like toothbrush, toothpaste and so on. As you’ll be carrying this stuff around, decide on whether you want a backpack or an overnight style bag. I advise you go with the overnight bag as it can carry more. Any questions?”

The boys looked at him in stunned silence. Jeremy spoke up and said, “That sounds pretty good. Thanks!”

Phillip said, “We want to make sure you look good for court tomorrow and, this will show the court that our Trust is going to look out for you. Now... let’s go in alphabetical order. Jeremy, you’ll be first.”

Jeremy followed Phillip and David into the dormitory style room where they were staying. He was a big solid boy with dark blond hair, blue eyes and dimples. Phillip took his measurements, color preferences and found he was a boxer guy.

When they were done, David asked, “Why were you so mean to me last year?”

Jeremy blushed bright red and said, “Because... you were the cutest kid in eighth grade. I wanted to hang out with you, but Pops told us that your group was off limits. Please... forgive me.”

David said, “I already have but, there’ll be consequences.”

Jeremy asked, “There will?”

David smiled and said, “Yeah. We’re going to have to hang out.”

Jeremy replied, “I’d like that.”

 

 

The next boy through was Frank Ballard. He was a rail thin blond boy that probably missed a few meals. Phillip took his measurements and preferences and David recorded them in his notebook.

When they were done, Frank said to David, “I wouldn’t blame you if you hated us.”

David said, “I did for a while until I found out what you and your friends had been going through. You were always real quiet and never mean so, I never hated you.”

Frank looked at the floor and said, “It was wrong that I never spoke up.”

David shook his head and said, “Don’t stress about it, Frank. Doug wouldn’t have listened and, things are different now.”

 

 

The two Benardi brothers were next, and they charmed Phillip. Despite the circumstances, they were both cheerful and pleasant. Tony and his little brother Angelo were two very nice boys. Tony was a flirt and, Angelo was simply adorable. Phillip wondered if they swam and, thought how cute Angelo and Billy would be.

 

 

Cade Brock was next and Phillip could tell he was a character. He was tall, slim and had dirty blond shoulder-length curly hair. Despite the loose fitting gray t-shirt and baggy warm-ups, he was built tight.

He came over to where Phillip and David had their notebook and tape measure and asked, “What kind of shoes are you planning to get?”

Phillip said, “I’m not sure yet. We’ll go with a tennis shoe and a dress shoe. I’m guessing you wear a size nine?”

Cade said, “Ten. You know what they say about big feet is true.”

 

 

Miguel Gomez was next, and he was even better looking up close. He would be a ninth grader in the fall and seemed to like Phillip’s attention. In taking his measurements, Phillip could tell Miguel had a throbbing erection. After taking down his measurements and color preferences, David asked where the bathroom was and Miguel told him first right outside the door towards the lunchroom.

Once David left the room, Miguel asked, “Do you like what you see?”

Phillip found himself tongue-tied and all he could do was blush and nod.

Miguel came close, put his arms around Phillip, rubbed their crotches together and whispered, “I like you too. When David returns, I’ll be in the bathroom. The door locks from the inside.”

Phillip said, “As much fun as that would be, we can’t risk screwing this up for everybody. Give it a few days. We’ll get together, I promise.”

Miguel smiled and said, “You’re right but...” He kissed Phillip’s neck and said, “Damn.”

Phillip gave him a peck on the cheek and said, “I know. Damn. We’ll just have to be patient. Head back and send in Dale Moss.”

Miguel started to leave and said, “Pops knew what he was doing when he picked you. He knew we would all be in love with you on sight.”

Phillip looked Miguel in the eyes and said, “I’m going to do my best for all of you. Not because you’re hot but because you deserve it after all the crap you’ve been through. You’ll find a little something special in your bag.”

 

 

Just as Phillip was wondering where David had vanished to, Dale Moss came in and said, “Miguel said it was my turn?”

“Sure. Come on over, and I’ll get your measurements.”

Dale was a fairly plain-looking boy in the gray sweats and t-shirt but, Phillip could easily see the cut of muscles in his arms. He had chestnut brown hair and squinty green eyes. Phillip remembered from the summary that he was a year older than most eighth graders as he had been held back in seventh grade.

As he worked with the tape measure, Phillip commented, “You’re solid as a rock. What sports do you play?”

Dale said, “My grades were so bad, I can’t. Pops had a gym in his basement, and we worked out a few times a week.”

Phillip asked, “Why the bad grades?”

Dale sighed and said, “The school has been after my parents about getting me glasses since I was in elementary school, but they never did. I just get more and more behind. Pops tried to get me seen, but they’ll only let your parents do it.”

Phillip said, “The Trust will have you checked with the best ophthalmologist we can find, and we’ll put you in glasses, contacts or laser surgery: whatever is best for you.”

“What’s an ophthalmologist?”

“That’s the kind of eye doctor you should have seen years ago. It all depends on court tomorrow. That’s why we want to put our best foot forward.”

Dale smiled and said, “Thanks. I’m looking forward to it.”

Phillip put his hand on Dale’s shoulder and said, “So do I. I think we’re done. Could you send in Kevin Sutton?”

Dale surprised Phillip with a rib bruising hug and said, “Will do and thanks again. Randy was right. You are super cool.”

 

 

Phillip was beginning to think David had deserted him when he returned just after Dale departed. He looked a little dishelmed. He said, “Come here David.”

He approached looking impish with a mischievous grin. David did impish especially well, much like an adolescent Dennis the Menace. Phillip fixed David’s dishelmed shirt and wiped a mysterious blob of white stuff out of his hair and said, “Jeremy?”

David blushed and nodded.

“I suppose old grudges are forgiven?”

David said, “And then some.”

Phillip said, “I’m so going to spank you for taking dumb chances when we get home.”

David smiled and said, “Promises, promises. I see you got Miguel and Dale done. How did you like Miguel?”

“Muy picante.”

“Huh?”

“Very spicy.”

 

Kevin Sutton entered the room and said, “Should I get nakkey for my measurements?”

Phillip said, “That’s... not really necessary.”

Kevin came over where they were set up and said, “Darn. I like being nakkey.”

David added, “We wouldn’t mind but, the police might object.”

Kevin smiled and said, “I thought the cops would be jerks but, they’ve actually been pretty cool about things.”

Phillip said, “Randy told me he liked you and Cade. I think I see why now.”

Kevin said, “Because we like to get nakkey?”

Phillip took the tape measure and lowered Kevin’s warm-ups a couple of inches and could see the lump of a big dangling cock twitch. He said, “Nope. My first impression of you is that you’re a lot of fun.”

Kevin said, “We really should hang out. You know Pops had a farm he took us too. It’s out in the country and there’s plenty of room. That place is why I’ve got no tan line.”

Phillip asked, “Are you a nudist?”

Kevin said with a grin, “I never really thought about it. I just like being bare. It feels good in the summer.”

Phillip gave David the measurements and asked, “What are your favorite colors Kevin?”

Kevin’s replied with a sultry, “What color do you think I’d look good in?”

David and Phillip replied in unison, “Red.”

 

 

Once they were done with Kevin, Phillip gathered Randy and David. They reluctantly said their goodbyes and Phillip thanked Mike Lee for his forbearance.

Mike Lee said, “They’re an easy bunch to like. My wife and I are on the list to be a possible foster family.”

div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo">
 
Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 21
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. No drama for once. The boys seem a good lot. The trust and Philip will look after them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..