Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 366 Words
  • 3,335 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 8. A Place of His Own

After lunch Phillip went by the main office and asked Frank Cassidy, the guy who handled the computers, to set up an email account. Cassidy gave him the address pwright, and a card with instructions to set up his email and a temporary password.

He went up and used his keys to open up the old maintenance office and found it to be neat and roomy with a desk, comfortable chair, a couch and a plan of the whole complex on the wall. Just adjacent to the office was a small shop with tools and, it was just around the corner from the mat storage room the Gentlemen’s Club had been using.

There was an HP desktop PC with a flat screen monitor under a plastic dust cover. Beside the computer was a mystery device. It looked like a television but, had odd controls and a whip antenna like a wi-fi modem. He booted the computer and punched the red power button on the mysterious gadget. The mystery system’s screen resolved, and he realized that it was a crisp, clear, color closed circuit video system covering the north and south halls of the 2nd floor of the pool annex. He had not spotted any cameras, anywhere except on the outside of the buildings. Phillip decided that must mean there had been trouble in the past no one currently working knew about.

The computer came up and he followed the instructions Mr. Cassidy had given him. He got into the webmail client used by the Y and set up his email. He emailed his father and said: I’m doing so well, they gave me my own office. I’ll be running the place by the end of the summer. –LilPhil

He composed a message for Campbell and Cassidy: If you can read this, my email is working. Office is fine. -Phillip

 

The computer bleeped its signal that there was a new email from his Dad: I heard you were doing well. Every job is important. Learn a lot and make your boss glad to see you every day and, you’ll win. Love you. –Pops PS I’ll be back for the fourth and the weekend after.

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 14
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Phillip has really settled in at the Y. He is a hard worker, and clearly his efforts are appreciated. I have some reservations about his involvement in The Gentlemen's Club, partially because I am not certain of his age. For me, beyond a certain point he is too old to be sexually involved with kids. The flip side is his rapport with all the younger guys. It sounds like a lot of them could use a big brother. Thanks. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Quote

The summer he turned sixteen...

Phillip isn't perfect. Later you'll find out why he's such a tomcat. A nice, charming tomcat but still... That's part of his character arc.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..