Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 277 Words
  • 2,741 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 22. Oswald's Answer

Philip had lunch with Mikie, Randy and Tanner. Tanner could make a dead person smile and helped Phillip recover from the funk the interview had unleashed. It didn’t take long before he was smiling again surrounded by a small crowd of happy day campers.

His phone rang and he saw it was Mr. Oswald. He excused himself and headed for a quieter spot to take the call.

Phillip answered on the fourth ring.

It was obvious Oswald was in a good mood. He wasted no time, “Little Phil: I talked to Chris Butler and it’s a done deal. We’re sending the Green boy’s fees over by messenger to the office at the Y. They are covered through the start of school.”

“Thanks Mr. Oswald. I know they’ll have a better time here than stuck in their apartment.”

“My pleasure Phil. In that package is an envelope addressed to you— it’s a pre-paid debit card for a thousand bucks. The Police Benevolent Fund has ponied up two-fifty a piece for the boys. Since you know what they’ll need, would you mind to taking them somewhere and getting them what they need?”

Phillip replied, “No problem sir. It’ll be fun.”

Oswald said, “Good. If it doesn’t take the whole two-fifty a piece, get them some jeans or something. You’ve made some friends helping us take care of James Green’s kids. I usually dread dealing with the kids of the associates but you’re good people kiddo. Call me anytime you need.”

Phillip hung up the call thinking— Wow! This made his day. Who knew a gruff old cop like Mr. Oswald would have a soft spot for kids.

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Philip has done good and the four boys are now members of the Y, thanks to Mr Oswald and the Police Benevolent Fund.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Sorry to beat a dead horse but things are too good right now.

BTW does Philip have any kind of a relationship with Javier's brother Juan?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
9 hours ago, weinerdog said:

BTW does Philip have any kind of a relationship with Javier's brother Juan?

Stay tuned.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..