Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 690 Words
  • 2,710 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Summer Job - 32. Friday

Five thirty came entirely too early for all concerned. Kelly groaned and said, “It can’t be time to get up. It’s like stupid o’clock.” Despite complaints and groaning, the guys started moving; except for Billy who was incoherent at stupid o’clock.

Casey’s pancakes, sausage and Community coffee was just the trick to wake almost everyone up. After a quick breakfast everyone got quick showers, but Billy was still pretty droopy.

Phillip carried him into the shower. When Billy figured out he was about to shower with Phillip, he woke up pretty quick. Then he luxuriated in Phillip’s attention as he washed his hair, rinsed him and dried him off with a towel.

Phillip asked, “You ready to go champ?”

Billy said, “One more hug, and I’ll be good to go.”

Phillip wrapped him up in a hug and Billy whispered in his ear, “I love you.”

Phillip said, “I love you too. You can have a nap on the couch in my office later if you need one.”

After helping Casey and Kelly pull their hair into ponytails, Casey remarked, “That shampoo and conditioner looks like it worked out well. Where did you learn about long hair?”

As he was working on Kelly, Phillip replied, “Javier wore his hair long like this. I would help him with his ponytail. When it’s long, you need a conditioner to keep it from getting dry and brittle. There, you’re done Kelly.”

Casey and Kelly were in their uniforms and looked at themselves in the mirror. Kelly commented, “It’s different but, I kind of like it.”

Casey preened in front of the mirror and offered, “It’s not bad.”

Mikey looked in and said, “Not bad? If you didn’t have boyfriends...”

Kelly, sounding a little panicked, “We don’t...”

Mikie said, “It’s cool. Nobody said a word and, none of us will. It’s how the Curtis twins look at you. I hope someone looks at me that way someday.”

Phillip pulled Mikie into a hug and said, “Don’t worry. Someone will.”

Casey said, “I thought you and Phillip...”

Mikie replied, “I wish. He told me he wasn’t ready yet and, after hearing why, I understand.”

Randy, ever curious to see what was going on, looked in on Casey and Kelly and said, “Whoa. You guys look hot.”

Kelly asked incredulously, “You think so?”

Randy chuckled and said, “You two are going to have an interesting day.”

Phillip picked up his gym bag with his swimming stuff in it and said, “The best looking staff at any Y needs to move. Is everybody ready to roll?”

Billy replied, “No but, let’s go anyway before I wake up and come to my senses.”

 

Phillip’s loaded car rolled into the employee lot of the Y at a little after seven. Most of the older boys had a younger boy in their lap. Phillip used his keys to let them all in, and he took his crew to the office.

Mr. Campbell’s eyebrows rose and, he broke into a wide grin at the sight of Phillip’s crew arriving in a uniform. He was very pleased to see the two boys working off their community service were neat.

Phillip said, “We’re going to do a quick orientation walk through. Since I’m subbing for Coach Hanson this morning, I’ll have Casey and Kelly handle the basics and, when swimming practice is done all five of us will catch up.”

Mr. Campbell replied, “Thanks Phillip. I’m probably going to need you in the office some. That piece on the news last night has my phone jumping. We’re already expecting people to sign up.”

“Would it be all right if I get ahead on the Friday list to take the Green brothers shopping?”

Campbell said, “That shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll let you use the van if it’s available. You’ve got your guys looking sharp for ten after seven on a Friday morning.”

 

Phillip gave an abbreviated walk through of the building for Kelly and Casey and had them doing the morning basics on the list. Randy stayed with them to make sure they got off on the right foot.

Copyright © 2021 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 15
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 minute ago, weinerdog said:

Had to read this chapter first glad I did.NOW I'm off to the taco shop

Admit you just want some meat.

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..