Newest Newsletter Game: Pick Two

• Site Administrator

Yes, the time zone on the post-dating is YOUR time zone. If you go into your profile, that's where you've sent the time zone you're in and that applies everywhere. The gist of the time I put up was to let you all know when I typically send out the weekly newsletter (if I'm on the ball) so that you guys won't have it live after that because then your links in the newsletter won't go to anything for readers to see. I can, however, go into any story and publish it manually if necessary if the time is completely wonky.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
9 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

Where do I set a time zone? I can't find it... Or is it Location? Mine just says Stockholm. 

It used to be in account settings. I guess it's all automated now. If you want to know the comparison, I'd do a google search for 'what time is it in New York now' (they're on Eastern Time) and then compare that to your time. Plus or minus the hours to reach 4 AM in New York and do the same number of hours to your time and voila! You'll have the comparison. This site might be very helpful to some people too: https://time.is/New_York

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

Hey guys! I don't have PMs from the following authors for this game! I need them posting by the 3rd, please, with URLs shared via PM. If you sent me a PM and I still have your name on the list, please reply to that PM so I can find it. Darn inbox is always buried!

@comicfan @Nephylim @Lyssa @ghanbrews @Drew Espinosa @Ron

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Cia said:

Hey guys! I don't have PMs from the following authors for this game! I need them posting by the 3rd, please, with URLs shared via PM. If you sent me a PM and I still have your name on the list, please reply to that PM so I can find it. Darn inbox is always buried!

eeks  yes ma'am .. on the way .. 

• Like 2

@Cia No worries, just got it back today and will send the specifics to you tomorrow.

Edit: To add... Man of Steel with Henry Cavill in Ultra High Definition and a High Dynamic Range picture is on the menu tonight. Priorities, Cia, priorities!😜

Edited by Ron
  • Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I've added Lyssa and Drew to the list. Sorry, guys, I was working off an older file/my phone because I was out of town at an outdoor wedding. :) Can't wait to see all the reviews and comments tomorrow!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Cia said:

I've added Lyssa and Drew to the list. Sorry, guys, I was working off an older file/my phone because I was out of town at an outdoor wedding. :) Can't wait to see all the reviews and comments tomorrow!

You and me Both!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Are you the main course of this party? 0:) 

I don't understand your comment, Drew. If you took my comment as other than a playful jest based upon the time difference between your post and Cia's post, I apologize for not being more clear. Unfortunately your post reads as a somewhat defensive and snide comment, halo notwithstanding.

• Site Administrator

Keep it fun and happy, guys--I don't moderate on Sundays. That's the evil Cia day... and you don't ever want to meet the evil Cia. She's very not fun. ;)

• Like 2

So much fun to see what we did with our words! Reading the stories, it seems to me 500 words seem to go a lot further for others than for me... :) I'm impressed by how much you can convey under that restraint. 

• Like 4

For me, it was an exercise in paring down - telling the story was paramount. I had to keep on going back and remove inessential words or find more concise ways of saying things. 

• Like 4