New Members Welcome-Introduce Yourself!

robbie1042

5 hours ago, Pozo said:

Hello, everyone. 

I’m Polaris, still green around the edges at 21 but I’d love to be a part of this community and write something worthwhile. 

I’m a financial advisor by day (night also now cause this pandemic sucks), a certified psychologist but still can’t figure out my own psychology. I’ve been reading stories since I was three, and now I want to create. 

Still not sure how this site works but I’m eager to learn. 

Hope you all are safe and happy. Love, Pozo ❤️

Greetings, @Pozo! :thumbup:

Always good to see a new face. :yes: 

First, you will need to get Author status. Click on Store on the red bar at the top of any page on the site, and take it from there.

I see @Myr has already given you the link to the entry about how to post Stories to the site. It may seem a bit complicated at first, but it's really just a case of following each step in turn.

@Renee Stevens' first post in the following entry in the Writer's Circle Anthologies forum goes through all the steps for submitting an anthology entry:

(Ignore the due date of 15th November. As you know, that has been extended to the 30th.)

Finally, you might want to consider joining the Writer's Circle Club, if you haven't already done so.

https://gayauthors.org/forums/forum/274-writers/

I look forward to eventually reading some of your writings. :yes: 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

The message I got upon joining suggested I come here to introduce myself so here I am!

My name is Justin and I start my final semester of college tomorrow. I’ve been getting into gay fiction over the last year but I’ve not joined until now.  I’ve visited the site a few times, but today’s visit was different. I started reading The Best Year by Krista today and I found myself caught up in the story and read all 30 chapters. I really didn’t plan on spending hours reading but that’s what happened. I saw myself in the characters and could only pull myself away long enough to go eat some dinner.

I look forward to reading more stories and hopefully connecting with them as I did this one today.

🙂

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, just4hugs said:

The message I got upon joining suggested I come here to introduce myself so here I am!

My name is Justin and I start my final semester of college tomorrow. I’ve been getting into gay fiction over the last year but I’ve not joined until now.  I’ve visited the site a few times, but today’s visit was different. I started reading The Best Year by Krista today and I found myself caught up in the story and read all 30 chapters. I really didn’t plan on spending hours reading but that’s what happened. I saw myself in the characters and could only pull myself away long enough to go eat some dinner.

I look forward to reading more stories and hopefully connecting with them as I did this one today.

🙂

Welcome to GA

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, just4hugs said:

🙂

Yes, a big welcome.

You might need to be careful, though, as there's such a feast of stories here you might find yourself over-indulging. :)

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, just4hugs said:

🙂

Welcome! You’ve come to the right place to binge read. I’m glad you joined!

• Love 3

On 10/21/2020 at 1:04 PM, astone2292 said:

Hello, hello!

Hi! I'm Aaron! I apologize for being fashionably late to this, but better late than never, I suppose! I joined back in June, mostly as a reader, but I was working on the first couple chapters of a book, purely as a hobby. After mentioning the project to my co-workers, they told me to pursue the interest. So here I am:  an over-worked grocery store stock crew member, who hasn't had two days off in the same week for over six months, who, somehow has time to crank out a new chapter about every week and a half. I always had an issue of finishing a hobby, since I get bored very quickly. But writing has been a clinger. I'm having fun, which is something that I rarely have, even though I'm a little ball of energy who can't stop smiling. And I don't see myself stopping this hobby any time soon.

I think I found a nice little home here with GA. Hope you don't mind me moving in!

~Aaron Stone 🤓

Almost impossible to believe you’ve been here such a short time, Aaron. You have already become a favorite author for me — and many others, based on the comments to LitS chapters. So, to go with your belated intro, here is a belated welcome and thanks for your writing!

• Love 2

15 hours ago, just4hugs said:

🙂

Welcome, Justin, and best of luck with your final semester! It’s a momentous time for you and the world, so relish all the good aspects and when some not-so-good crap comes along, just remember that it will get better—but as one professor told me 40+ years ago, you will likely look back and realize that it was one of the best periods of your like, so appreciate the hell out of ALL of it!

• Love 2

On 1/18/2021 at 9:00 PM, just4hugs said:

🙂

Welcome to GA, Justin! :) If I may ask, what are you majoring in?

• Love 1

Hi y'all, I'm new to Gay Authors.  I've been aware of this this forum for about a few months.  I seriously would like to write a story here.  I'm gay myself, I have been out since 2008.  You may read more about and more in my profile.  I hope I'll be able to muster up something for this place.  I started off with reading The Matchmaker today and I'll certainly read more stories here.  This COVID-19 thing is a bit good, now I have a load (uh huh huh huh huh I said "load") of time to read stories!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ChaosDevin said:

Hi y'all, I'm new to Gay Authors.  I've been aware of this this forum for about a few months.  I seriously would like to write a story here.  I'm gay myself, I have been out since 2008.  You may read more about and more in my profile.  I hope I'll be able to muster up something for this place.  I started off with reading The Matchmaker today and I'll certainly read more stories here.  This COVID-19 thing is a bit good, now I have a load (uh huh huh huh huh I said "load") of time to read stories!

Dude, I didn't realize you just joined today! Welcome!! Hope to read some of your stuff sometime! 😃

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, headtransplant said:

A great big warm hello to all of you! I just discovered this site when googling for some reading material and I’m so grateful for the treasure trove you all have provided here.

Currently binging so hard that my eyes will definitely fall out soon. Please don’t offer medical support, I will refuse and continue reading, thank you.

Looking forward to a time soon when I gather the courage to post some writing of my own. Until then, don’t be surprised if I jump all over your stories like a rabid spider monkey.

I’m very glad you’re here. Welcome!

• Love 3

• Site Administrator
17 minutes ago, headtransplant said:

A great big warm hello to all of you! I just discovered this site when googling for some reading material and I’m so grateful for the treasure trove you all have provided here.

Currently binging so hard that my eyes will definitely fall out soon. Please don’t offer medical support, I will refuse and continue reading, thank you.

Looking forward to a time soon when I gather the courage to post some writing of my own. Until then, don’t be surprised if I jump all over your stories like a rabid spider monkey.

Welcome!  There's lots to enjoy here :) 

• Love 2

19 minutes ago, headtransplant said:

Welcome  to GA, @headtransplant! :thumbup:

• Love 2

5 hours ago, headtransplant said:

Welcome to GA, headtransplant. I remember when I first discovered this site, and how much I enjoyed the reading. Cheers! Gary.

Edited by Headstall
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, headtransplant said:

Welcome on board!

• Love 2

10 hours ago, headtransplant said:

Welcome to GA @headtransplant

• Love 1