Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 663 Words
  • 2,252 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 76. Epilogue part two - Kitryn and Simon

AN - Each mini part of the epilogue will tell what happens to each couple now everything has come to a head.

Kitryn looked up when Simon’s arms came around him in a tight hug. They’d been back at the den for hours. First, he’d had to see to his sister’s body. He was grateful to Elder Patrick for allowing Kitryn to bury Jenny on the den’s property. The elder had even had some of his men help to dig the grave. Kitryn had then stood with Fran as they said their goodbyes. Or as Fran said, “Goodbye Mummy’s body, I’ll see you tonight for my story.” That had sent Kitryn into another round of tears.

His next task had been to sit through a long debrief of what happened with each team during the fight, how many prisoners were taken, what was going to be done with them, what would happen to Cheryl’s brother, etc, etc, etc. By the end of the meeting his cat was ready to claw his way out of his body.

Simon had hurried him out of the conference room and straight out into the den’s grounds. His clothes had ripped as his cat burst free and darted off into the trees.

By the time his cat had run out of energy, he’d reached a small river at the edge of the bears' territory. It wasn’t until he had drunk his fill and curled up for a nap that he realised Simon had kept pace with him and was there beside him.

His cat rubbed over as much of their mate as he could reach, even going so far as to knock Simon onto the ground so he had more access. Simon had chuckled and then gone limp, allowing the cat to have his way. With a chuff, the cat had sprawled over their mate and proceeded to groom an increasingly protesting Simon until he was content their mate was covered sufficiently in their scent. He then laid his head on his paws and purred making Simon resume his chuckling and even earning himself some wonderful scratches behind his ears. Ear scratches really were the best.

They’d napped for a while content to just be in each other’s presence before heading back to their room.

Now Kitryn looked into his mate’s eyes and finally felt a measure of relief seep into him. They’d survived. They’d rescued a lot of the seers. Fran would still have her mother in her life, just not in the way he would have hoped for. They had a chance now to make a normal life for them and their family.

“Where will we go?” he asked as Simon ran soothing hands up and down his arms.

“Well, I think for now we will be fine here as we get everything finalized and sort ourselves out. After that, there are no set rules. We will need to make sure wherever we go is final, at least until the kids are old enough to leave home. Moving around a lot is not really ideal for young ones. They need stability and a solid circle of friends and support.”

“I know. But, I haven’t any ideas about where we can move to. There aren’t many packs who will accept such a mixed family like ours.”

“Well, two options are to either ask Patrick if we can stay here, or we could ask Carl if we can go with him.”

Kitryn let out a low grumble. “Why would I want to live near that nosy, interfering elder?”

Simon chuckled. “Just because he forced your hand about us being mates, does not mean he is nosy and interfering. It means he was looking out or a new vamp who had come into his care.” Kitryn let out another grumble. “All this is a talk for another day. Today is for reconnecting and being grateful we’re alive. Now, come to bed and show me I’m yours.”

That was an order Kitryn had no trouble following…as many times as he could until they would both be too exhausted to move.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 27
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 2/5/2020 at 4:53 AM, chris191070 said:

Simon and Kitryn make a cute couple and will make a great family.

Yes, they do. I am hoping to revisit them in the future.

On 2/8/2020 at 6:58 PM, LadyDe said:

Whew! Downtime. Now on to a better and peaceful future. 

Here's to the battle being over 🍺 

Thank you both for your comments and continued support, it means a lot :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I am sure that Kitryn will love living with the Vamps in Carl's coven. He might even get along with Carl eventually.  Tristan is now there to smooth things over and help keep Carl from getting too outrageous with his teasing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..