Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 792 Words
  • 3,184 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 25. Chapter 10

Simon drew in a deep breath and leaned more firmly into Kitryn before starting his story.

“My family lived in one of those cult communes that humans like to create. You know the sort. A group of people who don’t agree with government policy and think that technology is damaging the environment. The commune was self-sufficient to a certain degree and had a business making handmade goods to sell at a nearby market.

“The leader, Frank, ran the place with an iron fist. Everyone was expected to work, no matter their age. There was no school for the children. We were taught by our parents when we weren’t helping with work. I used to help with the cooking and caring for the youngest members of the commune.

“My mom came back to our room one evening pale and shaking. She’d seen two of Frank’s thugs who kept order within the commune beating one of the teenagers. Apparently, the boy had been caught kissing another boy and that wasn’t acceptable behavior. They beat the boy unconscious and we later found out the boy died.

“I had come out to my parents a couple of years before but we’d decided to not tell anyone else until we could work out what the reaction would be. Well, this answered our question and my parents decided we should leave. They had been getting more and more worried about the direction the commune was heading and this was the last straw.

“My parents packed up our belongings and mom went to talk to Frank. She came back out of breath as though she’d been running and telling us we needed to get out now. She gave me a backpack and told me I needed to get to the commune dumpsters and hide in them. When I tried to argue she told me if I didn’t hide I would end up the same as the boy she’d seen being beaten. She gave me the address to a nearby cabin and told me she and dad would meet me there as soon as they got free. They were planning on playing the worried parents at me being missing as that was the reason mum had apparently given Frank for her and dad wanting to leave, to search for me. Frank had then said that if I was found off the commune he would make sure I was taught to never wander off again. They thought I was in the most danger so I did as mom told me.

“When the dumpsters were put outside the gates for collection I snuck out and followed mom’s directions to the cabin. I waited there a few days until the supplies I had ran out. Mom had left money in the back too, so I walked until I found the nearest shops. There I saw newspapers with my family's faces plastered all over the front pages. Their bodies had been found dumped like trash. Some hikers found them and they had to be identified by dental records. They’d been beaten and my mom…well, I’m sure you can guess. Since both my parents were only children, and their parents were dead by the time I was fifteen, I was alone.

“I managed to find work in cafes and such that didn’t ask too many questions. I didn’t dare use my real full name or get any ID in case Frank had a way of tracing me. By then I had realized that even if the commune was against technology that didn’t mean Frank and his cronies were.

“I moved towns frequently and kept to myself as much as possible. I quickly found out that men liking men wasn’t accepted in many places, not just in the commune, and that men who didn’t respond to women making a pass at them were just as bad as men that seduce all the women they could.

“I was moving town…again…after an incident with a police chief’s daughter. She didn’t like me telling her I wouldn’t…um…well, yes, anyway. She went to her father and told him I tried to make advances to her. He then tried to have me arrested and I only made it out of town because I had memorized the back streets and hid in the trash…again. I washed off in a stream and headed up the mountains. That’s where I met the vamp. He wandered into my camp saying he was lost and asking directions to the nearest town. We shared some stories and I offered him a place by the fire for the night. He waited until I was asleep to attack me.

“I supposed my tendency to sleep with one eye open was what saved me. The rest you know.”

Thank you to everyone who has read/reacted/commented on this on and all my other stories. :hug: 
and as always thank you to anyone (especially Tim) who sends me corrections. :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 10
  • Wow 3
  • Sad 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter, So we know no Simon’s past. Not nice at all, at least we know why he’s being hunted now.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 8/1/2018 at 10:54 AM, chris191070 said:

Great chapter, So we know no Simon’s past. Not nice at all, at least we know why he’s being hunted now.

 

Well, we know one possible reason he could be being hunted. These things can change ;) With my characters you never know where they're going to take plot line. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, wenmale64 said:

Good chapter. This gives us a view into Simons past and the way his life developed. It sure makes you wonder how he turned out to be a reasonable man/vamp.  Keep it going. The story is very interesting and chalanges the mind to guess about future hapenings ;) .

 

I'm glad the story is keeping you interested and challenged, it sure challenges me every time i sit down to write a chapter. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 hours ago, deville said:

Seems Simons pretty dismal ,in fact awful , past is being mitigated by the supportive community he’s found in his present. His subtle strength is bound to win him more supporters and be an asset to the group in the future. 

 

I don't think all of Simon's past was bad. Although the commune leader is bad since he didn't know Simon was gay he wouldn't have been mistreated in the commune. He may not have had the childhood we all want for our kids of playing and laughing, but he was fed and clothed and loved by his parents, which is more than some children can say. But, yes i take your point that he now is part of far more accepting community. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Hellsheild said:

Poor soul

 

I agree, but he has a new family and community now, so things are looking up. They just need to deal with those pesky bad guys (and gals) and things will be perfect for their new life. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Yep make that a foursome, I completely agree with tim and the rest about dealing with Frank in some way or another. Simons mom was one smart lady though getting him out of there like that, way to go mom. Thanks as always ❤️❤️

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm joining Tim M and the others. Let's go find Frank and let him see what a real beating feels like when fangs and claws are used!!! 😠  Simon's mother was so smart and saved his life, too bad they both died.  But despite everything it led Simon to the kitties and now the bears and possibly a mentor for all things vamp.  Great chapter. :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 8/2/2018 at 1:18 PM, Puppilull said:

Wow! That's a pretty bleak past. Poor Simon. 

 

But, things are looking up for him now :) 

 

On 8/3/2018 at 8:08 AM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Yep make that a foursome, I completely agree with Tim and the rest about dealing with Frank in some way or another. Simons mom was one smart lady though getting him out of there like that, way to go mom. Thanks as always ❤️❤️

1

 

One thing I have learnt over the years is to never get between a mother and her child(ren).  We'll have to wait and see what happens to Frank :) 

 

On 8/4/2018 at 4:54 AM, LadyDe said:

I'm joining Tim M and the others. Let's go find Frank and let him see what a real beating feels like when fangs and claws are used!!! 😠  Simon's mother was so smart and saved his life, too bad they both died.  But despite everything it led Simon to the kitties and now the bears and possibly a mentor for all things vamp.  Great chapter. :2thumbs:

1

 

I'm sure Frank will get what he deserves at some point. I think my bloodthirsty readers wouldn't have it any other way :P 

 

Thank you all for reading and commenting :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Simon's past was sad, but I think that everyone of his new family has had a similar past.  They will know how to support him, because of their shared experience.  I'm with the rest of Tim's gang and volunteer to round up a lynching party for Frank and his associates.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..