Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 546 Words
  • 2,675 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 64. Chapter 23.5

Nev met up with Carl and Tristan after he’d found his room and some food. The two mates were still just as lovey-dovey as when he’d left them two hours before.

“Get a room you two.”

Carl’s answer was to flip him a middle finger while slowly pulling away from the passionate lip lock he was in with Tristan.

Nev got himself a coffee from the set up on the sideboard and got comfortable on one of the super soft armchairs near the settee Carl and Tristan were seated on.

“So, have you two actually discussed the results of the test, or have you both been too preoccupied?”

Tristan went a deep shade of red causing Nev to chuckle, seemed he’d got his answer.

“Okay, why don’ I go over the basics of the results and then you can ask questions?” They both nodded and Nev continued. “As I already told you, the test showed you are level twenty-one. Each time the blood changed colour it represented another level. The trance you ended up in was because the spell went on so long and it was pulling power from you to measure your power levels. That is why it is best to have a second person at all testings. Of course, the high council ask for a witness so a mage can prove the results they are reporting are accurate. So, either way, you look at it, having a witness is good. Now, the obvious thing is the higher the level the more powerful you are. It also means the more training you are going to need. Containing and controlling that much power takes practice and time. You seem to be doing okay at the moment but I will need to run you through some exercises just to be safe and to ensure you’re not in danger of unleashing power unexpectedly.”

Tristan was nodding. “I’ve had a bit of advance training on my travels. I’ve stopped in various places to help out with different incidents for the high council and do some freelance work. While doing that work I’ve met other older mages who were willing to pass on their training in return for my help with things. I know advanced shielding and a few advanced offensive spells. I’m quite willing to show off any time you want, and I’d be grateful for any pointers you can give for me to improve in any areas.”

Nev smiled. “That’s all good to hear. As soon as I’m fully up to date with the current situation, we’ll make a time to get a training room to ourselves.”

“That would be good, thank you. For the offer of training and for helping me with the testing. I still can’t believe that my parents would be a party to falsifying test results. What do they get out of making me look weaker? It doesn’t look good for the family, or for them.”

Nev shook his head sadly. “I’m afraid we may never know. We can try and find out after everything is over and things settle down. Thinking of the current situation I believe we have a meeting starting soon, shall we head there and continue this conversation later? I hadn’t realised how quickly the time had passed.”

Thank you everyone for reading, reacting and commenting.
I promise to catch up on replying to comments as soon as I can. I have just started a new temp job and am settling into a new routine.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 22
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter although short. I think it’s great that Tristan is going to get further training and pointers on what he already knows. I hope that this mess that they’re in ends soon and all of the seers are returned to their families unharmed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I like the bragging idea above with a twist.  I think Tristan should go back home with his mate when things calm down.  When there he should, with a very casual tone, do something that ONLY a very powerful mage could do and simply brush it off an a nothing event.  That should cause a tremendous gasp from the family. At that time they could ask the embarrassing questions with the undertone of "answer with truth or I will simply squeeze it out of you...." or whatever a mage could in that flavor :)  Keep up the great writing. It is a very interesting story!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Tristan must be feeling like he finally came home or similar. All that power and no clue. It must've felt like something was off, but he probably thought it was something negative. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 10/9/2019 at 12:09 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. At least he wants to know want what his parents would get out of falsifying test results.

But, did they? Or did someone else? Something to think about. :ph34r:

On 10/9/2019 at 12:12 AM, Butcher56 said:

Awesome chapter although short. I think it’s great that Tristan is going to get further training and pointers on what he already knows. I hope that this mess that they’re in ends soon and all of the seers are returned to their families unharmed.

I'm writing this as it comes to me so I don't know if everyone will make it back or not. Sorry about the short chapters but I'm trying to stay within the limit of words and my time. 

On 10/9/2019 at 12:14 AM, mfa607 said:

Great chapter! Thank you! I hope the new routine works out well!

It's slowly getting there, thanks. But, things keep getting in the way. I have to keep stopping writing for such mundane things as eating, sleeping, and dealing with real life. :) 

On 10/9/2019 at 1:11 AM, SpyroRyder said:

I now want him to go back to his family with council reps and just brag in front of them all

We'll have to wait and see what happens. Maybe he will get his answers and own back himself without the council's help. 

On 10/9/2019 at 9:35 PM, wenmale64 said:

I like the bragging idea above with a twist.  I think Tristan should go back home with his mate when things calm down.  When there he should, with a very casual tone, do something that ONLY a very powerful mage could do and simply brush it off an a nothing event.  That should cause a tremendous gasp from the family. At that time they could ask the embarrassing questions with the undertone of "answer with truth or I will simply squeeze it out of you...." or whatever a mage could in that flavor :)  Keep up the great writing. It is a very interesting story!!

Interesting idea. We'll have to see what happens with Cheryl first. MAybe that will shed light on other things as wll. But, after I will definitely look at doing a few bonus scenes with each of the couples. 

On 10/24/2019 at 7:13 PM, Puppilull said:

Tristan must be feeling like he finally came home or similar. All that power and no clue. It must've felt like something was off, but he probably thought it was something negative. 

I think he finally has the confirmation he needed as to why he could do things he'd been told he wasn't powerful enough to do. Now he can start training with the right teachers and expand his power even more. 

Thank you all for reading and commenting.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Short chapter. Tristan now knows how powerful he is as well as a mentor to help him develop that power.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..