Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 962 Words
  • 2,532 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 62. Chapter 23.3

“Nev, good to see you.” Carl pulled his old friend into a warm embrace. “We really need to try and meet up when it's not a life or death situation.”

Nev laughed and Carl winced at the slap to his back. How was a human mage so strong? “That we should my friend. Now, are you going to remember your manners and introduce me to your lovely mate or are you going to leave him hovering in the doorway?”

Carl winced again, this time from being called out. He hadn’t realised Tristan hadn’t stayed by his side when he’d gone to great Nev.

Pulling himself up to his full height he beckoned Tristan closer and wrapped an arm around his mate’s shoulders as soon as he was near enough.

“Tristan I would like you to meet my old friend Senior High Council, Elder Neville Poindexter, otherwise known as Nev. Nev, this is my true mate, Tristan, formally of the Nirthfell family, now of the Jade Clan.”

Nev raised an eyebrow but didn’t comment on the introduction. Instead, he took the hand Tristan held out and raised it to his lips. With a smirk at Carl, he gave a florid bow and kissed the back of a now spluttering Tristan’s hand. “It is so good to meet you. I pity you being fated to this frumpy old vamp; I hope you can teach him how to loosen up and have a little fun.

Carl chuckled when Tristan scowled and snatched his hand back. “I’ll have you know I am very pleased with the mate fate has chosen for me.” Carl reeled him in so he could wrap his arms around Tristan. It was his turn to scowl again when Tristan continued. “Also, I don’t know what you mean about needing to loosen up or being grumpy. I mean just last night Carl and I were playing hide and seek with our friend’s kits.” Carl squeezed until Tristan squeaked and slapped his arm, but it was too late, the damage was done.

Nev was staring with his mouth hanging open. “Carl? Playing hide and seek? With kits? Did someone get video evidence? The stern, serious, straitlaced elder played a game.”

Carl growled and gave chase when Nev yelped and ran from the room.

***

Tristan chuckled and watched the friends play. There was no other word for it. Carl could have caught Nev at any time, but obviously wasn’t even trying. No human—mage or not—could outrun a vampire.

After a few minutes both males flopped down in a nearby settee and Tristan joined them, yelping when Carl pulled him down into his lap.

“So, my mate, Nev here has agreed to help you retest yourself to see what level mage you actually are. I’ve told him about the spells I’ve seen you do, and he agreed with me that there is no way your level is as low as your family told you. What do you say? Want to know for sure what your level is?”

Tristan swallowed the lump in his throat. With everything going on he’d forgotten that Carl had said he knew someone who could help him to see what his level was now he was grown. He still wasn’t sure he was as high as Carl thought, but he did think he had risen in levels since he was last tested.

“I would be honoured to have you assist.” Tristan bowed his head to
Nev. He may be an old friend of his mates; however, he was still a high council elder.

Nev nodded in return. “Well, there’s no time like the present. Carl do you have a bowl of some sort we can use, and a knife?”

Carl shifted Tristan until Carl was standing and Tristan had taken his place on the settee. “I’ll see what I can find.”

An awkward silence filled the room once Carl left.

“Well,” Nev began, “all joking aside, I am glad to see Carl find his mate. He has been looking for a long time and I know he wanted the person fate thought was perfect for him.”

Tristan smiled. “I don’t know if I am perfect, but I do know that all I want is to make him happy.”

Nev grinned. “I would say that sounds pretty perfect to me.”

Carl came back holding a plain white soup bowl.

“This is the best I could find, and the cook said she wasn’t letting me have any of her knives to use in some mage’s blasted blood rituals. Her words, not mine.” He went silent for a moment. “Would my claws do the trick. They’re sharp and with our mating bond Tristan will heal almost immediately.”

Nev nodded. “Your claw will be fine as long as Tristan is fine with that?”

Tristan shrugged. “As long as it won’t interfere with the ritual, I don’t have any objections.”

Nev looked around the room.

“Okay let’s use that table. Sit in a chair and lay your hand palm up on the table.”

Tristan did as requested.

“Carl, you stand behind him and when I tell you to, cut his palm enough so he can get a few drops into the bowl.” Carl nodded. “Right here’s what we’re going to do. Carl will cut your hand and you will let three drops fall into the bowl and then you’ll recite this spell.”

Tristan repeated the spell until Nev was satisfied he had it memorised perfectly.

“When the spell takes, you’ll feel a rush of power and the blood in the bowl will change colour. I’ll explain the colours once the spell is complete. Shall we?”

Tristan nodded and braced his hand on the table as Carl leant over his shoulder claw extended.

Thank you to everyone who reads, reacts, comments, and helps with this and all my stories.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 22
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think Nev is in for a great shock. Tristan is stronger than anybody realises, we’ll see all his blood change into colours not seen for a long time.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 9/18/2019 at 2:45 AM, wenmale64 said:

I have a feeling that Nev is going to see colors he has either not seen in a very long time or has never seen at all......  I can't wait for the rainbow ;)  Keep up the great writing!!

I forsee a plethora of colours. :) 

On 9/18/2019 at 3:34 AM, Dr. John NYC said:

Seriously. Another week before we learn what level Tristan is?

Sorry, I ran out of word space and had to save the last bit for the next week. 

On 9/18/2019 at 6:03 AM, Smoothy said:

Wow can’t wait for the outcome!!!! I bet he’s stronger than even Carl thinks!! 🥰

We'll have to wait and see :ph34r:

On 9/18/2019 at 6:34 AM, chris191070 said:

I think Nev is in for a great shock. Tristan is stronger than anybody realises, we’ll see all his blood change into colours not seen for a long time.

Maybe, Maybe not ;) 

On 9/18/2019 at 10:13 AM, mfa607 said:

What?!? Nooo! Now we have to wait! Thank you! Loving this story! 

Sorry, I did keep writing but then i had to cut it. 

On 9/18/2019 at 5:16 PM, Normischell said:

That was a cruel place to stop! 😩

Sorry, not my fault this time. i wanted to include so much but ran out of room. 

 

Thank you all for reading and commenting 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 9/29/2019 at 1:35 PM, Puppilull said:

Very cliffy! I'm lucky to have the next chapter lined up!

:) That's why I always wait for these stories to be finished before i read them. I'm not a patient person and hate waiting for the next chapter, especially after a cliff hanger (small or large) 

 

Thanks for continuing to read and coment, it means a lot. :hug: 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Reading an archived story means that there are not a lot of readers around to exchange ideas.  That's the down side.  However, it means that cliffies are no problem, since I can easily get to the next chapter.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..