Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 739 Words
  • 1,984 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 77. Epilogue part three - Carl and Tristan

Tristan flopped down onto the bed.

“I am so glad that is all finally over. I hadn’t realised how stressed I was until it was finally all over.”

Carl sat by his mate’s side and patted a hand on his thigh. “What about everything we’ve found out. Do you want to get tested and see who your father really is?”

Tristan sighed. He’d known he couldn’t avoid the conversation, but he’d hoped to put it off at least for a while. He caught hold of Carl’s shirt and pulled him down so they sprawled together. Batting his eyelashes in what he hoped was a seductive manner he grinned at his mate. “Hey there handsome. I’m sure we can think of something else to do other than talk.”

Carl just frowned down at him and he sighed again. Leaning up he pressed a brief kiss to Carl’s lips and flopped back down. “Fine, let's talk. So my father may not be my father, and if he isn’t then my real father is in the dungeons of the high council. I don’t see what there is to talk about until I’ve spoken to my mother. You saw her when they found her in that hole Cheryl was keeping her in. she needs food, drink, and rest before we go quizzing her on who she’s been sleeping with.”.

Carl nodded. “But, I was also thinking you may want to talk about the fact you had to kill the man you’ve always thought of as your father. He may have been a bastard, but he still raised you.”

Tristan thought long and hard before he spoke again. “I don’t think taking any life is easy. Even in battle, I have always tried to disable rather than kill. But, sometimes it is unavoidable. Every time I've had to do it it has been as a last resort.

“However, my supposed father was powerful enough that anything other than a killing spell could have been deflected. He’d already gone for one of our team. What if he’d killed one of our side and I could have stopped it?

“I am sorry he had to die, but only because if he’d lived he would have been made to suffer more. He would have had to face the council and then he would’ve been the one dropped in a hole somewhere to be forgotten about.”

Carl seemed shocked and Tristan worried Carl thought him heartless.

Carl’s next words surprised him. “You’ve been in battle before? You’ve been forced to kill before?”

Tristan hid a chuckle at the protective tone to Carl’s growl. “Yes, I have been in battle before. My f—Kersin—was very good at upsetting the neighbours. We were attacked quite often and then had to deal with the council investigators. Then I left home as soon as I was old enough to travel. I hired myself out as protection in return for food, shelter, and training. I’m not going to even try to name every battle or skirmish I’ve been in but there have been a few.” He rolled onto his stomach and pulled his shirt up. “See that scar just above my arse?” He felt Carl’s fingers tracing the scar he knew was there. “I got that when I was protecting a cat shifter Elder from up north. He was making a visit to a neighbouring vampire clan to see if it was possible to negotiate a treaty of non-aggression. A vampire in the clan took offence at the way the elder supposedly spoke to his sister. He came at me and another attacked me from behind. That was when I learned to react faster and to always shield my back first. I could tell you a few more tales if you want. Especially if it means I get your hands on more of me at the same time.”

Carl’s rueful chuckle lightened the mood considerably. “I do not like thinking of you being hurt or having to defend yourself. My instinct is that I should have been there to defend you and make sure you didn’t have to fight. I want to make sure you never have to fight again, but I know in my head that is unlikely to be the case and that in our very long lives there will be more skirmishes.”

Tristan chuckled with him and then they finally found something better to do than talking.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 28
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. Carl and Tristan seem contented with each other, Tristan doesn't seem to bothered in finding out who his father was.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 2/12/2020 at 12:24 AM, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Carl and Tristan seem contented with each other, Tristan doesn't seem to bothered in finding out who his father was.

I think he is bothered but is pushing it down as much as possible. If he allows the feeling to take over he may break. 

On 2/12/2020 at 12:48 AM, mfa607 said:

Going to miss these guys! Thank you!

I'm sure they will surface again from time to time

On 2/12/2020 at 1:29 AM, Justleah said:

I hope you do tell us who Tristan's father is..........

His father is Gideon and you will meet him in a different part of the Epilogues and they will have their own short as soon as i find the time to start writing them. 

Thank you all for reading/reacting/commenting.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Great pair of lovers.  I do think that Tristan should find out about his father.  The guy maybe one of the innocent victims of Kersin and Cheryl.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..