Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 721 Words
  • 3,520 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 13. Chapter 6.2

Meg insisted everyone call her grandma and by the time the kits woke up from their nap Simon was fully up to date.

Simon sighed. “So, we have a rogue witch to worry about. As well as hunters and maybe the vamp who changed me. Have I missed anyone?”

Kitryn shook his head while dishing up the kits’ food. “No, that sounds about right. We need to work out a plan. My group may be gone, but what if this witch targets other shifters or paranormals? And we need to make sure the hunters haven’t managed to track us at all. I don’t want the kits to be in danger.”

“The kits will be fine.” Meg interrupted. “Between mine and Fran’s powers, we should be able to steer us clear of most danger.”

“Most danger isn’t all danger,” Kitryn insisted.

“No one can stay away from all danger, dear.” Simon tried not to chuckle when Meg patted Kitryn on the cheek like he was still a kit. His chuckle turned into a scowl when Meg ruffled his hair on her way past him, causing Kitryn to laugh at him.

Simon had a sudden thought. “Kitryn, are you sure no one else survived the attack on your home? You survived, maybe others did.”

Kitryn frowned. “Although I agree I can’t know for certain. I think I would have met up with any survivors when we escaped. There were only so many ways out of our territory.”

Simon shrugged. “Well, it’s something to keep in mind.”

Once everyone had finished eating they moved to the living area, so the kits could play, and the adults could sit warm by the fire.

“I think the first thing we need to do is to make sure our young vamp here is educated on feeding and the ways of his kind.” Meg sent a smile at Simon.

“Yes, please.” Simon wanted to know everything he could about what he now was. “I need to know what can hurt me. I mean should I avoid garlic? Holy water? I need to know how to not hurt anyone else unintentionally. What should I be eating? How often? My questions are endless.”

“Calm down young one,” Meg laughed. “Let’s start with food. That’s the easiest.

“As you already know you need blood. You can eat normal food too—and no you don’t have to avoid garlic—but it won’t satisfy you for long. Being a new vamp you will need to feed little and often. You mustn’t let yourself get as hungry as you did this last time. If you had been alone you could have gone into the bloodlust. Then you would have either starved to death or drained the first being to cross your path. Kit said you’d been living off animal blood. That will work but you’ll need more. It’s something to do with the composition of the blood. Kit and I will be able to keep you fed as long as you listen to us and do as we say until you get a better sense of your own body. We won’t allow you to hurt anyone.”

She waited until Simon gave a rather overwhelmed nod before continuing. “Not much can hurt a vamp. Holy water and garlic are myths. So are wooden stakes. There are only three ways to kill a vamp. The first is to drain the vamp of blood, so they in effect starve. This is a dangerous thing to try because the vamp is most likely to just attack and drain their attacker to heal and live. The second is to puncture their heart. Any type of solid material will work; wood, metal, etc. The only rule is it must remain in the heart until the vamp turns to dust. If it is removed it gives the vamp time to heal. The last is beheading. Anything else a vamp can heal from before the attacker has a chance to finish them, beheading is final.”

Simon was sure his mouth as hanging open. “So, I just have to avoid being drained, getting stabbed in the heart, or being beheaded?”

“Yep,” Meg replied happily, making a popping sound on the P.

Simon shook his head, he had a feeling his life was going to be anything other than boring for the foreseeable future.

Prompt Used -  A picture of a cozy indoor fire
7073.gif
As always thank you to everyone who reads/reacts/comments on my story. I'm sorry I missed last week a few things came up. 
Thank you of course to Timothy as well for all his corrections. 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 19
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So that's all he has to avoid... piece of cake. :P  Another great chapter, Caz... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Another fantastic chapter, just love Simon education lessons 

 

17 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Another fantastic chapter, just love Simon education lessons 

 

Thanks, Chris, he sorely needed the education. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Headstall said:

So that's all he has to avoid... piece of cake. :P  Another great chapter, Caz... cheers... Gary....

 

Yep, easy as pie and all that jazz. :gikkle: 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting, Gary, :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

Some much needed education. Simon should be most grateful, even if it's overwhelming.  

 

I believe he will be very grateful after he has time to process things and get over wanting  to bang his head on the table 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting  :hug:

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I would say it's a good thing that Simon came across Kitryn otherwise he might not have survived for long. I think the education Simon's getting from Meg & Kitryn is going to help him understand the reason he has to drink human blood in order to stay alive. Simon must feed fairly often at first until he becomes a lot more educated about what he must do in order to live, and the things that he must watch out for. I understand the part about someone puncturing his heart with anything that has a sharp edge to it and it has to remain in the heart until the vamp is dead. I would think holy water would be able to injure the vamp if nothing else, at least it would be so if the vamp is due to feed very soon. Beheading is a no brainer because that would cause anyone to die. I hope that Simon listens closely to everything he's being told about how to hunt, when to hunt before the hunger gets to strong and he wouldn't be able to stop himself from causing harm to his new friends. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 7/13/2018 at 11:22 PM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Okay sounds easy enough to stay alive. Or maybe not with hunters out there. Great story so far. Thanks C.P

 

We'll have to wait and see how things sort themselves out :) 

 

On 7/23/2018 at 6:08 AM, Butcher56 said:

I would say it's a good thing that Simon came across Kitryn otherwise he might not have survived for long. I think the education Simon's getting from Meg & Kitryn is going to help him understand the reason he has to drink human blood in order to stay alive. Simon must feed fairly often at first until he becomes a lot more educated about what he must do in order to live, and the things that he must watch out for. I understand the part about someone puncturing his heart with anything that has a sharp edge to it and it has to remain in the heart until the vamp is dead. I would think holy water would be able to injure the vamp if nothing else, at least it would be so if the vamp is due to feed very soon. Beheading is a no brainer because that would cause anyone to die. I hope that Simon listens closely to everything he's being told about how to hunt, when to hunt before the hunger gets to strong and he wouldn't be able to stop himself from causing harm to his new friends. 

 

 

At least he is harder to kill than he was. I think that will be a good thing when the fighting starts. 

 

Thank you both for reading and commenting :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Vamp 101 gets of to a great start with how to feed yourself and avoid a permanent death.  Mag is a great character.  I also now wonder if all of Kitryn's family is dead.  

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..