Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 732 Words
  • 1,133 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 80. Epilogue part six - Tristan, Carl and Gideon

Tristan rolled his eyes at his mate's antics. Carl was chasing Kitryn round the training cave trying to get his trousers back. They had just finished their work out and Kitryn had snuck in and stolen the trousers off the bench.

Tristan leant back against the wall and watched Carl’s long legs eating up the distance. The tight workout shorts left very little to the imagination and Tristan was enjoying the view.

Kitryn’s cat was fast but not fast enough. He dodged and ducked but Carl was faster and grabbed one end of the trousers.

Kitryn hissed but kept hold and the audience was left watching a vampire swearing and playing tug of war with an over grown mountain cat.

An unfamiliar laugh coming from the doorway caught Tristan’s attention. Curious he turned and the froze.

Carl was by his side instantly—minus his trouser still. “What is wrong, my mate?” He slipped an arm around Tristan’s shoulders and pulled him close.

“That man at the door. Who is he? He seems familiar but I will swear I have never met him.”

Carl followed Tristan’s gaze and stilled.

The man was now watching them and seemed to Tristan to be hesitating about what to do.

To Tristan it was like looking in a mirror. The man was taller than him but otherwise they had the same hair, colouring, and Tristan was sure if they were closer he would see the man had the same eyes as him too.

Finally, the man made a decision and moved to approach them. The others in the room must have sensed something Tristan didn’t and started heading for the door. Kitryn dropped Carl’s trousers at their feet and trotted out the door after his mate. Tristan kept his eyes on the man but nudged Carl to put on his trousers. Tristan had a feeling that something wonderful was going to happen and that his life would be changing yet again.

“ I take it you are Tristan. Adelaide’s son?”

Tristan nodded and was flooded with the hope that his suspicions about who this man was were right.

The man grinned and held out a hand. “I’m Gideon. I was recently released from the council dungeons with a full pardon and a full top up of magical energy. I then got a call from a person named Kitryn giving me instructions to go to Desteral pack and pick up a shifter named Charlie before heading here. I was told I would find family here.”

Tristan accepted the offered hand in a daze. The man—Gideon—was obviously his father. The similarities were too many to ignore.

“It is good to meet you, Sir. I’m afraid I only heard about you a couple of days ago. But from what the man who raised me said before he died, he hated you. So you must be wonderful.”

Gideon laughed. “Yes, your mother's bonded always was overdramatic and didn’t like anyone to show him up power wise. I was more powerful than him and I was his bonded’s true mate. He would have lost your mother’s family's money and her title if she left him. What he didn’t realise was we mated before he had me locked up. I gave her a spelled necklace to wear in case something happened to me—which of course it did since I was thrown in the dungeons—that would protect her from harm due to distance between us. It also enhanced our mind link and we were able to speak on a few occasions when I was awake.” Tristan frowned and Gideon continued as though he’d read the question on Tristan’s face. “I was kept drugged most of the time to keep my power levels at a manageable level for the guards.”

Tristan smiled. “I remember the necklace you're speaking of. She never took it off. He tried to take it from her once and I heard a loud scream. He had bandaged hands for a while after that and he never tried again to my knowledge.”

Gideon chuckled. “He should’ve known I wouldn’t leave her with no protection.”

Carl broke into the conversation. “Why don’t we take this to our suite? You both have a lot of catching up to do and we will be able to be more comfortable.”

Tristan and Gideon quickly agreed and they headed off together.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 21
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. It's great to see everyone so relaxed. Tristan seems so happy to finally be meeting Gideon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You know it is the start of something good when Kitryn brings back the pants AND leaves the room without even a growl or hiss..... great chapter!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I agree with GeemeeDee. These epilogues bring up more questions. And it would take you at least 3 or 4 more chapters to really wrap this story up. (hint hint) Just saying

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 3/31/2020 at 11:59 PM, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. It's great to see everyone so relaxed. Tristan seems so happy to finally be meeting Gideon.

Yes, he does. I'm sure they have a lot to talk about. 

On 4/1/2020 at 12:15 AM, Geemeedee said:

Ok, this brought up WAY more questions. Are you sure you want to stop writing this story? 😉

I'm sure. There will be some short scenes done about the characters to tie up loose ends and to show how they get on in their happily ever after. 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:21 PM, wenmale64 said:

You know it is the start of something good when Kitryn brings back the pants AND leaves the room without even a growl or hiss..... great chapter!!

Kitryn does know when to behave...mostly ;) 

On 4/1/2020 at 9:53 PM, LadyDe said:

I agree with GeemeeDee. These epilogues bring up more questions. And it would take you at least 3 or 4 more chapters to really wrap this story up. (hint hint) Just saying

I will write more on this as short scenes (as i said above) but I really think this story has run it's course as a whole story for now. 

However, if anyone wants to comment with or send me the quesitons they want answered, i will make sure they are part of the shorts that are written. 

 

Thank you all for staying with me as I've written this story. Your comments have been very welcome and have given me ideas on the path this story would take. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

As Geemeedee said, there are a lot more questions to be answered.  Why don't you write a prequel or 10 to clear up and expand this universe?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..