Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 670 Words
  • 3,892 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 23. Chapter 9.2

Kitryn could feel Simon’s gaze on him as they walked along the corridor. Something felt different but Kitryn couldn’t put his finger on what it was.

They arrived back at the main meeting room and Kitryn turned to Simon. “Simon, this is Elder Carl of the Jade Vampire Clan. Elder, this is Simon of the Zinston Pride.”

Kitryn could smell Simon’s confusion but he refused to introduce Simon as a lone vampire. Their little family had created a pack of sorts so he was claiming Simon before this Elder decided to try.

“Simon, it is a pleasure to meet you.” The elder swept an elaborate bow and Kitryn suppressed a snort. The elder looked like he’d just walked off a catwalk somewhere. He wore a three-piece light gray suit that was obviously expensive and super shiny black shoes that clicked on the hard floor as he moved. He wore several rings and a watch that Kitryn thought looked like a picture he’d once seen of a Rolex.

Simon smiled. “Thank you, elder, I am sorry to meet under such circumstances.”

Carl seemed to study Simon in minute detail and Kitryn had to fight the urge to growl. What was the vamp thinking? Did he find Simon lacking in some way? If he did he could just run back to where he’d come from. No one was allowed to look down on any of his family.

“Please call me Carl.” Carl’s voice broke into Kitryn’s swirling thoughts.

Kitryn looked round to see Carl holding a hand out to Simon. Moving quickly Kitryn hooked an arm around the one Simon was reaching out with and steered him towards a comfortable couch.

“Let’s sit and we can make sure everyone is up to date with what has been happening.”

The others took seats and Simon retold his story, followed by Kitryn, and then Paddy filled in about their seer going missing.

Carl pursed his lips. “So our first priority is to safeguard the remaining seers we know of and get the warning out to as many groups as we can at the same time. The question is how do we know who to trust? If the enemy gets wind that we know what they’re doing they may move up their plans.”

“Can’t we try and gather as many seers as we can here? Maybe they could give us more to go on, and we could keep them safe.” Simon was leaning against Kitryn and Kitryn was happy to support him.

Paddy was already shaking his head. “Most groups are very protective of their seers. Seers are so rare and it is believed to be a blessing to have one born into, or join, your group. I have sent out messages to all our allies, but beyond that, all we can do is get them to do the same. Each group is allied with others so hopefully, the message will spread quickly among only trusted groups.”
Simon sat up straight. “What about the hunters that blew up my cave? Do we know anything more about them?”

Paddy shook his head. “All I’ve heard so far is conflicting rumors. Some say hunters have been seen more often and others say they haven’t seen any for a good while.”
Simon sat back with a sigh, Kitryn wished he could find the answers Simon wanted but he had no one he could contact. He was completely dependent on Paddy and his den of bears.

“I will make sure to ask other clans when I call to issue our warning.” Carl’s voice was silky smooth and Kitryn wanted to shove the smarmy ass out the door, preferably roughing up his stupid perfect suit on the way. He was the head of his little family. He should be the one reassuring Simon. Not this…interloper. Kitryn would just have to make sure this elder knew that Simon belonged with Kitryn’s family. They found him and they were keeping him. No overdressed, stuffy vamp was going to change that.

No prompts at the moment, we're having free weeks.
Thank you to everyone who is sticking with this story and to those who react and comment. :kiss: 
And, of course, thank you to Tim for his continued corrections   :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 21
  • Haha 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So we see Kitryn become protective of Simon and intoduce him as part of her clan. Interesting times ahead. I'm not sureif i like Carl, he seems a bit of a snob.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 7/11/2018 at 12:55 AM, chris191070 said:

So we see Kitryn become protective of Simon and intoduce him as part of her clan. Interesting times ahead. I'm not sureif i like Carl, he seems a bit of a snob.

 

I think Kitryn is finally realizing that his little family is safe and therefore there is no reason for Simon to stay with them now. Especially with Carl now there.  As for Carl, I think we need to get to know him a bit first. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting. :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/11/2018 at 1:08 AM, Kitt said:

A might possessive suddenly.  I wonder if he even realizes it.

 

I don't think he thinks of it as being possessive as such, but rather as protecting what family he feels he has. He lost everyone except the kits. Then he met Simon and found Meg. I don't think Kitryn wants to run the risk of losing anyone else. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/11/2018 at 4:08 AM, Headstall said:

LOL. Kitryn was awesome. The green-eyed monster made an appearance, and I noticed Simon leaned into Kitryn pretty easily. :D  I loved it! Cheers... Gary....

 

Kitryn is the first person to meet Simon as he is now and accept him as is. I think Simon would refuse to leave his new family whatever he is offered by anyone else. Of course, Kitryn doesn't know that.

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/11/2018 at 5:46 AM, deville said:

A whole lot of subliminal stuff going on .... that I’m sure they and others noticed, but Simon and Kitryn are as yet still clueless . Green looks good on the Kitty. 

 

Hmmm, a green kitty? That brings something naughty to mind, but I'm going to be good and keep my fingers still on that one :P (Sorry couldn't resist) I too am sure that others have noticed their behaviour, I'm sure they'll catch up eventually. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 7/11/2018 at 1:10 PM, Puppilull said:

Someone damn near through a fit just now. And the conversation has only started. Kitryn, you'd better take a step back and let Simon get information of his kind from Carl. Getting all possessive over that will not go down well with Simon. He must be so curious.

 

I think they will need to have a talk soon, but until then Kitryn is going to have to reign himself in so Simon can get what he needs first. Otherwise, the talk they should be having may turn into their first argument. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/11/2018 at 4:48 PM, Smoothy said:

Oh boy Kitryn laying claim on Simon!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

 

But, he doesn't even realize he's doing it. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/12/2018 at 2:42 AM, LadyDe said:

Pull the claws in, Kit, before you lift your leg and ..... well you know. 😄   No one would appreciate that!!!  Besides Simon had no problem being close to Kit.  Carl seems to be a typical Vamp. Suave and classy. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. But if he tries to seduce Simon, I'll help Kit cut a b***h! 😠 I know how cats fight. 😼

 

Yes, Carl does seem typical, but we all know that looks can be deceiving. We'll have to see how the vamp measures up as we get to know him. If he does cross any lines then i think he will meet Kitryn's claws for sure. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 7/12/2018 at 1:38 PM, wenmale64 said:

I find the dynamic of Kit and Simon to be very sweet. I think Kitryn is begining to understand his feelings and Simon is still learning even though his subconcious keeps bushing him to Kitryn and the kits.  This is a wonderful story with just the right ammount of love, danger and mystery to keep us wanting more. Great writing!!!!!

 

Thank you, I'm so glad you think this about my story.  I hope you enjoy the rest as much as you have the story so far. 

 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 7/14/2018 at 1:02 AM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Yep I agree with everyone else lol.😁

 

Hi, Lizzy, thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Kitryn is jealous.  I wonder how long before this becomes an issue that both of them will have to face?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..