Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 513 Words
  • 2,164 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 52. Chapter 20.3

Tristan cocked his head to one side and stared at Carl. Maybe he had jumped to conclusions. Maybe he should have listened before he spoke. But, really? A vampire elder and a second level mage? What were the fates thinking? What did he know about leading a clan?

Carl seemed to be a patient male. He just stood there waiting for Tristan to process what he’d said and to make a decision.

“I think we need to sit and talk properly. I will warn you now I have reservations about how this mating would work and I would want to sort through all potential problems before I think about any talk of claiming.”

Carl dipped his chin. “I agree. If the last few minutes are anything to go by I think we have a lot to talk about.”

Tristan barked out a laugh. That was the understatement of a lifetime. He held out his hand. “How about we agree to see where things go?”

Carl grinned and Tristan didn’t like the look in his eye. He let out a very manly squeak when he was pulled into a hug.

“How about dinner after sunset tonight?” Tristan shivered when Carl’s whisper tickled the sensitive skin behind his ear.

Before Tristan could answer frantic knocking on the door broke into their moment.

“We’re under attack. Flash bombs and other explosives are in use. All vampires are to stay in their rooms with doors locked for security.” The voice repeated the warning and then moved away from the door. Presumably to repeat the warning on the next rooms.

“I gotta go,” Tristan said pushing away from Carl. Carl growled and pulled him back in, holding him tighter.

Tristan huffed. “I’m guessing you want to protect me? Well, you can’t. Flash bombs are enhanced by magic to give of sunlight. And explosives run the risk of fire or exposing you to the outside by blowing out walls. Either way, you are sitting this one out. I, on the other hand, am a mage and am needed to fight. You have to let me go. I will come straight back here as soon as it’s safe. I promise.”

Carl mumbled something against the skin of Tristan’s neck and Tristan shuddered when he felt a fang nick his skin. “I can’t let anything happen to you. I’ve just found you. You don’t know how long I have lived alone.”

“I’ll be fine. I’m better at offensive spells than most other level two mages, so it’s the enemy that should be worried. I may have even invented a few they haven’t even heard of yet. Even if this bitch uses her stolen powers to see what is going o happen, she can’t defend against magic that no one but me knows how to throw around.”

Carl hissed and after pressing a kiss to Tristan's lips he pushed Tristan towards the door.

“Come back to me or come sunset I will hunt your ass down.”

Tristan blew him a kiss and slipped out the door.

And straight into chaos.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 25
  • Haha 6
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. Trouble arrives before Carl and Tristan get to talk. Carl had better return, I can just see Tristan hunting him down.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 5/8/2019 at 12:38 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Trouble arrives before Carl and Tristan get to talk. Carl had better return, I can just see Tristan hunting him down.

Tristan will be fine and I'm sure Carl will have words with him as soon as he has made sure his mate isn't hurt. 

On 5/8/2019 at 7:21 AM, Timothy M. said:

If Tristan helps save the day, even he will have to admit he's Carl's equal.

You would think that, but people's thoughts about themselves rarely follow any logical route. 

On 5/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, mfa607 said:

Go Tristan!  Great chapter!

Thank you 

 
 
1
6 hours ago, Puppilull said:

Not so much the ongoiing fight, but what Tristan just walked away from... ;) 

 

They'll get back to their conversation...eventually. 

 

Thank you all for sticking with me, and continuing to read, react, and comment. 

:hug: :kiss: :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  :hug::kiss:  

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Tristan certainly has a major problem with self-esteem because he has already shown himself quite capable, resourceful, and compassionate since his arrival.  Some authority figure(s) must have inculcated this sense of worthlessness over a substantial period of time. Now, let’s get this attack dealt with so Tristan and Carl can resume their talk!😜

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 5/15/2019 at 12:34 PM, Dr. John NYC said:

Tristan certainly has a major problem with self-esteem because he has already shown himself quite capable, resourceful, and compassionate since his arrival.  Some authority figure(s) must have inculcated this sense of worthlessness over a substantial period of time. Now, let’s get this attack dealt with so Tristan and Carl can resume their talk!😜

 

Yep, they definitely need to finish their talk. 

Thank you for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..