Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 669 Words
  • 1,659 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 79. Epilogue part five - O'Connor and Angel

“Brian O’Connor, are you listening to me?” Angel struggled to get an arm free but had no success. “You need to loosen your grip before you crack my ribs.” Still no response. Angel sighed and said the one thing they were reasonably sure would get through Brian’s head. “Love, you’re hurting me—”

He’d barely got the last word out before Brian’s grip loosened and his distraught face lifted from Angel’s shoulder where it had been buried for a good hour.

“I nearly lost you.” The tone of their mate’s mind voice sounded like a lost child wanting the reassurance of an adult. “I can’t lose you. We haven’t had enough time together yet. I have so many plans for us. We’re going to travel, to go all over the world together.”

Angel got an arm free at last and ran a soothing hand through their mate’s hair. “I’m here now. I’m alive. We’re both alive and free. Now are you going to kiss me or are you going to keep trying to mimic that silly Kraken you keep as a pet at home?”

Brian let out a watery chuckle. “Jerry isn’t a pet, he’s a friend.”

Angel rolled their eyes but then let out a happy sigh when Brian covered their mouth with his.

This was what they needed. To be reminded they were finally back where they belonged.

Angel didn’t remember much about when they were taken. They remembered the ambush but then they must have been hit or something because the next thing they remembered was waking up in their cell that had become their home for the duration. Cheryl had turned up and told them what was expected of them. She used some sort of spell to channel their seer power and she got all their visions. They heard some of the other prisoners screaming and crying, begging to be let go and to be allowed to go home. Some of the screams had cut off rather suddenly and they had since found out those were the bodies that had been found by various people.

They hadn’t realised until Brian stopped kissing them that the mind link was still fully open. “Goddess, Angel, I love you. But, I hate you had to go through all that. I wish I could have been the one to rip Cheryl apart. I was the one who had to stay here like some week livered idiot and be dosed up on potions just to stay alive.”

Angel cut him off with another kiss. When they came up for air again, they glared their best pissed off glare at their mate. “I never want to hear the word weak out of your mouth in relation to yourself ever again. Is that understood?” They tapped their foot and raised an eyebrow when Brian didn’t answer quickly enough.

Brian was shaking his head. “But, sweetheart. You saw me what you first got back. I was a mess and so weak I couldn’t even get up. I would have been dead before now without Tristan’s help. Ow.”

Angel shook their finger in Brian’s face. “If you keep being so stupid I’ll clap you round the other ear too. You want to know what I saw when I saw you for the first time when I got back? I saw you were alive. I half expected to be hit by a broken bond as soon as I left the protection of whatever black magic Cheryl was using to suppress our mate link. To find out you were alive and waiting here for me was the best news I had ever heard. To now be in your arms would only be improved if you thought of something better to do with your mouth other than using it to spout such nonsense.”

Brian gave them a grin that had their blood heating and then Brian reminded them just how good he was with his mouth. It was exactly the welcome they’d been hoping for.

Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 26
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 3/18/2020 at 12:16 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Great to see Brian and Angel recovering after the ordeal of Cheryl.

They will heal a lot quicker now they are back together :) 

On 3/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, mfa607 said:

Loved this! Thank you!

You're welcome

Thank you for reading/reacting/commenting it means a lot. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Angel and O'Conner back together again is wonderful.  They had to face Cheryl separately which weakened them both.  Neither had  hope that they would survive.  I hope they do tour the world.  They need distance for the tragedy that shocked their lives and love for each other.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..