Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 519 Words
  • 2,128 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 61. Chapter 23.2

Kitryn sighed as he looked around the group sitting at the extended conference table. Three more elders had arrived. Elder Jamison was a fae representative who was also a friend of Carl’s; Elder Orion was a dwarf who was short even for his kind and had to sit on a booster seat to be able to reach the table comfortably. Lastly, there was Elder Dorian who was a Goblin. He had a habit of tapping his claws on the table and Kitryn was getting close to asking if someone had some handcuffs he could borrow.

Even with the extra people they were no closer to finding out where Cheryl and therefore the people she held captive, were. They’d been talking and talking for over two weeks and nothing new had come to light.

“Why can’t you doing a summoning for the missing fae Cheryl has under her control?” Simon asked after Jamison had finished explaining some of the fae’s more normal powers.

Jamison shook his head. “I would need to know the name of the missing person and have something of theirs to focus the spell. The fae may be powerful, but we do have our limits.”

Simon slumped in his chair and Kitryn rubbed his knee in sympathy. Every idea so far had been shot down for one reason or another.

Patrick clapped his hands together. “I think we need a break. Although this problem is of the highest importance, we won’t come up with ideas while we’re all sat in this room night after night. There is at least four hours until sunrise and so I suggest we all go and spend some time resting and reconnecting with loved ones. Any ideas can wait until our vampire friends wake up again at sunset.”

There were grumbles and Kitryn was fairly certain most people would just find somewhere quiet to sit and think up new ideas. However, he was going to take Paddy’s suggestion and reconnect with the kits. He and Simon hadn’t spent much time with them recently and he knew the kits needed to be reminded they hadn’t been forgotten.

***

“Ready or not here I come.”

Kitryn sniffed and chuckled when a voice rang out. “Kitty, that cheating. No sniff. Have to look.”

Kitryn made a show of covering his nose with his hand and looking around. A flash of fur had him darting around a corner and grabbing a mewling Nelson.

Nelson went limp in his hands and gave him a pitiful look making Kitryn chuckle. “Sorry, Nelson, someone has to be found first.”

He got a lick to his chin before Nelson jumped out of his arms and went to curl up on the sofa.

Next he found Simon and Peter who were both hiding under a table.

Kitryn pulled Simon into a hug as Peter went to join Nelson. “Just Tristan and Carl to find. Fran decided to visit Hetty and her brood. How Nelson and Peter got Carl and Tristan to agree to play hide and seek is beyond me.”

Simon shook his head and they both started searching.

Thank you to everyone who reads, reacts, comments, and helps on this and all my stories.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 14
  • Haha 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 9/4/2019 at 5:15 AM, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Great to see Kitryn having a bit of fun, despite all the serious stuff going on.

They need to remember what they are fighting for. Also, having some fun will help them relax and that could help them to look at the problems they're having with fresh eyes. 

On 9/4/2019 at 10:44 AM, mfa607 said:

Great chapter, so the question is, are they hiding, or...Thank you!

:gikkle: I think it may be the 'or something'. 

On 9/29/2019 at 1:27 PM, Puppilull said:

All work and no play is a recipe for disaster. So good for them to take some time off for fun.

They need the time to reconnect and maybe they'll come up with some new suggestions.

Thank you all for reading, reacting, and commenting. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I am really late. Enjoying the story, but I am wondering why O'Connor does not have something of his mates that can be used to scry or summon with. If he didn't have anything with him, why didn't he contact someone from his home to bring when it was first mentioned? Or Fran, they didn't grab something of her mother's before they ran? I know that is least likely since they were running for their lives, but not the mate.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 3/30/2020 at 12:35 AM, Fanciful Soul said:

I am really late. Enjoying the story, but I am wondering why O'Connor does not have something of his mates that can be used to scry or summon with. If he didn't have anything with him, why didn't he contact someone from his home to bring when it was first mentioned? Or Fran, they didn't grab something of her mother's before they ran? I know that is least likely since they were running for their lives, but not the mate.

See this is why I love reader comments. I hadn't even noticed this. I will try and do a rewrite of this chapter as soon as I have some free time (which may be a while but I promise it will be on my list).

Thank you for your comment it is very much appreciated.

:hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
raven1

Posted (edited)

Great chapter. It was fun to see them all play a game of hide and seek.  I am puzzled that Fran wasn't there with them.  Also, they seem to not remembering to include Fran in their meetings.  The need to correct that. Carl's bond or the vampling missing should have something left in their rooms/homes that can be used to locate them.

Edited by raven1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..