Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 649 Words
  • 2,195 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 66. Chapter 24.2

“Kitty. Simmie. Fran need you.”

Peter’s yelling brought the meeting to an abrupt end. Kitryn jumped up and was only beaten to the door by Simon because of his damn vampire speed.

He reached the doorway to see Peter in Simon’s arms talking so fast his words ere running over each other.

“Fran said find you. She say mama want you. You got to hurry. She say not long.”

“Okay, calm down. Deep breath.” Simon spoke softly in Peter’s ear. “Now, is Fran in her room?”

Peter nodded and Simon glanced at Kitryn. Kitryn nodded as well and they all headed at a fast walk up the hallway back to their rooms with the rest of the meeting participants following.

By the time they all piled into Fran’s room, they’d managed to lose about half their number. Those that stayed had agreed to update the others who were waiting in the living room as there wasn’t enough space for everyone in a child’s bedroom.

Fran was sitting in her mother’s glowing arms.

Kitryn felt tears threatening as he took in how exhausted his sister was looking. Even through the glow he could see her skin was pale and there were dark circles under her eyes.

Kitryn continued to catalogue Jenny’s features as she recited everything she’d overheard.

“The bitch is crazy,” Simon burst out. Then he flushed at the glare he received from Jenny for the bad language. “Sorry. But she is mad. If by some twist of fate she had been Fran’s mother then Fran wouldn’t have the power she has now. She got that power from her mother. Why would she think otherwise?”

Jenny shook her head. “I don’t think she is in her right mind. From what I know she was always a bit possessive and jealous. But this is something else altogether. Her brother seemed at first to be trying to calm her down. However, as I listened it seemed he was quietly egging her on.” She heaved a sigh. “Look, I can’t stay much longer, or I run the risk of someone coming in to check up on me. I will visit again if I hear anything. Let Fran sleep and remind her I love her when she wakes.”

Before Kitryn could form the words he wanted to say she was gone. What if that was the last time he saw her? Even if they rescued her, how long would she live with her mate gone? He’d lost her once, he didn’t think he could cope with losing her again. What about Fran?

He was shaken from his worries by Simon slipping an arm around his waist. “Let’s go join the others, Love.”

He let himself be led out of the room and listened as the meeting resumed in their living room with the new information.

“How does this help us? We already knew she was cuckoo. We need to know her plans.” The big troll was folded in half sitting on the floor.

“Since we know Fran is her focus why don’t we try the scrying spell that was suggested a while back. There would be no danger to Fran and with the Fae here we have plenty to magical power to both power the spell and to protect the casters.”

Tristan was looking at Kitryn as he spoke and Kitryn appreciated the attempt to allay any fears for Fran’s safety. However, nothing short of seeing Cheryl dead at his feet would calm his nerves now.

“How long will it take to set up for the spell? And can we wait for Fran to wake up instead of disturbing her?”

Tristan waved a hand. "A few more hours are not going to make any difference. Let her sleep and let me know when she wakes. I will make sure everything is set up and ready to go at a moments notice.”

Thank you, everyone, for reading, reacting, commenting, and helping with my stories.
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Have you thought about writing longer chapters now that the action is heating up? Asking for a friend.

Man, I hope Jenny doesn’t get caught. Looks like all that extra power nudged Cheryl off the deep end.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Short but very sweet. This chapter really set up an interesting trail for the next few chapters to follow. Finding Cheryl is only the beginning. What to do with her will be one big fight.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Must be hell to see your sister and still not be able to rescue her. Though smart way to relay information. Gives them an unexpected edge.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 10/30/2019 at 12:32 AM, chris191070 said:

Things are getting interesting now she can see through Fran, the rescue should come soon.

Having Fran as a go between is certainly helping a lot. 

On 10/30/2019 at 3:28 AM, Geemeedee said:

Have you thought about writing longer chapters now that the action is heating up? Asking for a friend.

Man, I hope Jenny doesn’t get caught. Looks like all that extra power nudged Cheryl off the deep end.

I'm afraid the word count limit is set by the wednesday briefs group. 500 to 1000 words a week. If the chapter goes over hte thousand word limit i have to find a good point to cut it off at so it doesn't cut of in he middle of a conversation or something similar.  

On 10/30/2019 at 9:47 AM, wenmale64 said:

Short but very sweet. This chapter really set up an interesting trail for the next few chapters to follow. Finding Cheryl is only the beginning. What to do with her will be one big fight.

Hmm, I think i can start taking suggestions on what people want to see as Cheryl's punishment. Should she end up dead? Imprissioned? Tortured? 

On 10/31/2019 at 8:49 AM, Hellsheild said:

These short chapters are just teasing me. Im practically drooling waiting for more than the hors d'oeuvreshappy season 3 GIF

:lol: 

On 10/31/2019 at 4:30 PM, mfa607 said:

Wow! Great chapter! Like @Geemeedee my friend would like longer chapters too!! 😂. Seriously, loving this!

To be very honest with my current schedule i have touble keeping up with this word count. I may do a story that has longer chapters next year if things calm down at home. 

On 11/20/2019 at 7:58 AM, Puppilull said:

Must be hell to see your sister and still not be able to rescue her. Though smart way to relay information. Gives them an unexpected edge.

Kitryn is really going through hte ringer emotionally thats for sure.

Thank you, all, for continuing to Read, React and Comment. 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Caz Pedroso said:
On 10/30/2019 at 2:47 AM, wenmale64 said:

Short but very sweet. This chapter really set up an interesting trail for the next few chapters to follow. Finding Cheryl is only the beginning. What to do with her will be one big fight.

Hmm, I think i can start taking suggestions on what people want to see as Cheryl's punishment. Should she end up dead? Imprissioned? Tortured? 

 :2thumbs:     YES      :D

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I hope they find Cheryl this time.  She's insane and has killed and hurt too many people.  Justice for her is long overdue.  

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..